Twitter: Fish seems to think Earl Thomas is now in play

Gaede

Reaction score
A leader who calls out pro bowl players on his own team starting controversy and in house rifts?
How would Garrett handle that
Come on.

Whether you want to trade for him or not, no one can argue Thomas' status in the league. He'd step in and Day 1 be the best player on our defence. And that's with Lee and Lawrence

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on.

Whether you want to trade for him or not, no one can argue Thomas' status in the league. He'd step in and Day 1 be the best player on our defence. And that's with Lee and Lawrence
That I do not deny in the slightest. But hes called out guys before . Garrett doesn't like it and cant handle it is the only point I am making.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No more than a 3rd this year and a 4th next year imo..
But watch them give away the farm to appease fans after yesterday.....

I'm sorry, Mr. Jack, but when does this team EVER make some move to appease fans?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Losing Dez for nothing in return is insulting to this front office.

While I am 90% sure that this his excommunication was the wrong move PRIOR to the draft, similar to what Eatman said on the podcast yesterday: the Cowboys now need to make a move.

You dont release a league superstar without a plan to use cap funds saved to roll with the weakest WR mix in the league and not do something to strengthen the team.

That said: league support for Bryant points to an embarrassing front office and HC that will turn on players despite resume.

Who would sign here and play for Garrett? He lacks respect. He can't win when it counts. His players trash the coaching staff.

This is a mess. An absolute mess. And two things will happen.

1) the organization will be forced to overpay for FA talent moving forward.

2) Teams will raise asking price for players like Earl Thomas in trade scenarios.

Honestly, Jerry should fire Garrett this instant. When they released Dez, they lost half the Locker Room in split seconds- right or wrong on jettisoning Dez.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Going after Earl Thomas is a Jerry move. Saving the draft picks is a Stephen move. We already know who’s in charge once Jerry’s favorite player got canned.
Do you really think that if JJ decided to keep Dez he wouldn't be here?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Fish doesn't know anything more than anyone else with a press pass.

Don't eat his nasty cheese and use your head. The $4m in cap savings has zero bearing on our ability to trade with Seattle and cutting Dez does nothing to change the S depth chart and the team need or lack thereof.

Why are you saying $4 million? It's $8.5.

Dez was set to make $16.5 million this year. $4 million of that was prorated signing bonus, with another $4 million set to hit the cap next year. Since we didn't designate him as a June 1 cut, the total remainder of the signing bonus hits the cap this year, but he has no other guaranteed money, so the $12.5 million in base salary is deducted.

It seems like some are trying to deduct his $8 million signing bonus remainder from the $12.5 million base salary instead of the $16.5 total cap compensation for this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

While I am 90% sure that this his excommunication was the wrong move PRIOR to the draft, similar to what Eatman said on the podcast yesterday: the Cowboys now need to make a move.

You dont release a league superstar without a plan to use cap funds saved to roll with the weakest WR mix in the league and not do something to strengthen the team.

That said: league support for Bryant points to an embarrassing front office and HC that will turn on players despite resume.

Who would sign here and play for Garrett? He lacks respect. He can't win when it counts. His players trash the coaching staff.

2) Teams will raise asking price for players like Earl Thomas in trade scenarios.

Honestly, Jerry should fire Garrett this instant. When they released Dez, they lost half the Locker Room in split seconds- right or wrong on jettisoning Dez.

There's a long list of people who have claimed to have been screwed over by Jason Garrett.

Read Wade Phillips book.

Talk to Dan Reeves.

Ask Terrell Owens.

Read some recent comments from Romo, as PC as he strains to be.

And look at the comments from former players. Nobody not beholden to the Cowboys has a good thing to say about him.

He's a backstabbing, spineless weasel.

Gaede

Reaction score
The draft isn't what it used to be?

I'd love an explanation.
Maybe I'm just more realistic about it and less hopeful of what we will get out of it.

I think it's more likely we get four great years out of Thomas than four great years out of a draft pick like Vander Esch

uvaballa

Reaction score
I hope this is true. Cowboys need to get better on defense and Earl would be a huge upgrade.

calico

Reaction score
There's a long list of people who have claimed to have been screwed over by Jason Garrett.

Read Wade Phillips book.

Talk to Dan Reeves.

Ask Terrell Owens.

Read some recent comments from Romo, as PC as he strains to be.

And look at the comments from former players. Nobody not beholden to the Cowboys has a good thing to say about him.

He's a backstabbing, spineless weasel.

He’s the only person rob Ryan never praises when he talks bout his time in Dallas

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I would add:

3. We're telegraphing our hand heading into the draft. Don't let the additions of Hurns and Deonta Thompson mislead anyone in thinking we're set at WR.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why are you saying $4 million? It's $8.5.

Dez was set to make $16.5 million this year. $4 million of that was prorated signing bonus, with another $4 million set to hit the cap next year. Since we didn't designate him as a June 1 cut, the total remainder of the signing bonus hits the cap this year, but he has no other guaranteed money, so the $12.5 million in base salary is deducted.

It seems like some are trying to deduct his $8 million signing bonus remainder from the $12.5 million base salary instead of the $16.5 total cap compensation for this season.

Okay you have corrected me on a point of fact. Does it detract me from the larger point I was making?