Fisher: 2019 Cowboys Draft Nuggets

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Polite...if he is on the board at 58...intrigues.

Something tells me this kid is going some team very happy with their selection. He strikes me as what some like to refer as a "ball player". Make not have the elite measurements but always making plays. I'd definitely consider him at 58.....

cowboyec

Reaction score
Something tells me this kid is going some team very happy with their selection. He strikes me as what some like to refer as a "ball player". Make not have the elite measurements but always making plays. I'd definitely consider him at 58.....
agree.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He does to me as well. But I am not dumb enough to think that he is actually a consideration for us.

We would much rather draft dorks like Collier or Ferguson. Based on "the tape" per Stephen which is completely inferior to the tape Polite could show against one of the best competition in the college game.

Cowboys draft superior athletes in general,Stephen was just saying boiler plate stuff to get out of answering questions about individual players 2 days before the draft.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
7) If the bulk of the safeties are gone (I suggest not putting Alabama's Deionte Thompson on Dallas' wish list) but EDGE Jachai Polite is still there at 58? I believe Dallas bites the bullet on any red flags and turns that card in.

-

I brought this up a month ago as a hypothetical. Do not be surprised if it happens.

Guy has ability but yikes on so much other stuff, definitely a Cowboys type of move!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
8) The Cowboys are openly interested in a complete back who would be able to fill in should Ezekiel Elliott miss time -- and maybe even serve as Zeke's heir. Alabama's Damien Harris is in play at 58, with Trayveon Williams of Texas A&M and David Montgomery from Iowa State in play after that.

This should have Risen soiling his britches...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
In regards to Polite and Ferguson. DE's are position teams make major investments in. Much more than Safety. If a player that they view as a first round talent at DE is there at 58, dont be shocked when he is the pick.

Seattle just gave up a 1st and 2020 second to pay Frank Clarke more per year than Lawrence

You mean KC?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And let's get real and honest for a second.

You don't think that these evaluators believe that Witten is still elite?

They will concoct every excuse because they signed off on it.

Honestly, he is in the way of this franchise figuring out how they need to address the talent at his position.

I really don't think his return has helped in any way.
address the talent at his position.........lol they just did ! witten for the next 3 years!

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Tillery at 58? He isn't averse to the violent side of the game. Some projections have him as a late 1st rounder but many see him in the 2nd. He is one that could get overlooked.

Gaede

Reaction score
Jerry Tillery at 58? He isn't averse to the violent side of the game. Some projections have him as a late 1st rounder but many see him in the 2nd. He is one that could get overlooked.

We haven't been linked to him, but I think Tillery would be a best case scenario

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

If Tillery somehow drops to #58, I don't think ESPN or NFL network would have an opportunity to get to commercial before I would turn that card in.
Having said that, Tillery will be gone long before Dallas is on the clock.

morasp

Reaction score
13) Much has been made of defensive assistant Kris Richard’s "physical prototypes'' for cornerbacks. (Height and length.) Less ballyhooed is that Richard has thoughts on other defensive positions, too, as does Will McClay -- and that in most respects, their prototypes are the same.

Great, so the guy that can't figure out how to use a talent like Jourdan Lewis is going to help fix the rest of the roster.

16) Taylor Rapp, the Washington safety, ran a bad 40 time. That might actually help Dallas, because in the view of the Cowboys scouts and coaches, he is very much "RKG'' (Right Kind of Guy) and very much a system fit.

With Chris Petersen moving to Washington I think they are the new Boise St. We've shown interest in Drew Sample also.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
IIRC his combine numbers.
Not just that. He put on bad weight. He whined that teams were picking on him during his interviews. He bowed out of the Combine with what some think was a fake injury. Didn't even get better at his Pro Day like most do.

His agent is horrible at managing his optics is all I can say.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, Fisher, would a proofread been that hard?

“12) Much has been made of defensive assistant Kris Richard’s "physical prototypes'' for cornerbacks. (Height and length.) Less ballyhooed is that Kris Richard has thoughts on other defensive positions, too, as does Will McClay -- and that in most respects, their prototypes are the same.

13) Much has been made of defensive assistant Kris Richard’s "physical prototypes'' for cornerbacks. (Height and length.) Less ballyhooed is that Richard has thoughts on other defensive positions, too, as does Will McClay -- and that in most respects, their prototypes are the same.”

I hope this is referring to the difference of opinion regarding size at defensive tackle vs another Marinelli "Rushman" to get run over and abused. Kris Richard had no problem bringing in "run stuffers" when he was the defensive coordinator in Seattle. Time to tell Old Man River what linemen he's getting rather than getting Joey Ivie Part 2.