Video: Fisher: Coaching staff a little tired of Amari Cooper's unavailability

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jul 29, 2021.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,340 Messages
    25,490 Likes Received
    If they cut Cooper, he’ll be on a roster the next day. Imagine him on turf, with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Do people forget how bad this offense was, especially Dak, before Cooper got here? Just a reminder and after this article, when playing the Colts, who played plenty of cover-2, shifted help to the side of Cooper, the Cowboys were shut-out:

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

who can guard Amari one on one? This also shows the impact of the RG, forcing these type of coverages.

CowboysRule, eromeopolk and charron like this.
  2. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,799 Messages
    5,495 Likes Received
    Agree 100%

3. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,799 Messages
    5,495 Likes Received
    Just down next to the fence Amber, I’ll buy you a beer and we can watch together

4. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

10,077 Messages
    5,497 Likes Received
    The obvious point is that it doesn't matter what his opinion is, if you like what he says, he's real. If you don't, he's a hack. Michael Irvin can be loud and obnoxious, but he loves the Cowboys and you like him, so that's cool. Stephen A Smith is loud and obnoxious but he's a hack because you hate his opinions.

5. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    2,987 Likes Received
    Go back and see how many pre-season practices the players I name missed in early camp. Amari works hard at getting his body ready for the regular season just like Haley, Allen, Sanders, and I did not name Irvin. I am naming guys who new they had issues back, shoulder, foot, toe, etc and worked on getting their bodies right for the regular season game and not the Hall of Fame game. What regular games did Amari miss in his career? 3 out of 112, that is 97.3%, and 0 in the last 3 years. 4 straight Pro Bowls, and 5 in the last 6 years. He has done the same thing every Preseason the last 6 years.

Leave it alone. The man knows his body. Coach is an idiot. Jimmy Johnson said I treat all players differently on a scale (production and importance).

charron likes this.
  6. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

13,486 Messages
    20,748 Likes Received
    Who actually takes this reject serious

AsthmaField likes this.
  7. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

8,145 Messages
    5,147 Likes Received

I wasn't arguing pre season...except that some guys were given passes because of how HARD they PLAYED INJURED during the SEASON.

So...you are telling me Amari works as had as Irvin AND EMMITT...and even Romo...on THE Field...during the season? Thiose guys played HARD..INJURED...DURING the season...and did get slack PRE season because of it.

Leave it alone man.....you are making up huge excuses that do not make any sense. VERY weak.

Amari is a good player...I like. But he is weak kitten. Does not lay it all on the line like emmit or romo or even witten. Amari would fall down without his helmet. You know it.; So shut it./

Fastpitch Dad and blueblood70 like this.
  8. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

10,737 Messages
    8,968 Likes Received
    I vomited at th 8:10 mark

Risen Star likes this.
  9. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

24,871 Messages
    18,274 Likes Received
    he wont be cut thats nonsense , he will be traded or attempted to be traded first..we are talking 2022

10. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    2,987 Likes Received
    You lost all credibility when you said Romo worked hard in the off season. Remember what even his daddy Jerry Jones said after Romo signed his mega contract. We now expect "Peyton Manning-type time". So what was his commitment prior, and he never gave "Peyton Manning-type time". This frustrated Dez, and T.O. about Romo.

https://www.foxsports.com/arizona/s...-from-romo-after-big-contract-052513?amp=true

Hennessy_King likes this.
  11. charron

charron Well-Known Member

9,209 Messages
    9,722 Likes Received
    I'd rather him sit now than when it actually matters. Yes it sucks he has nagging injuries that cause him to miss some practices but rarely does he miss a game. I think some people just want to complain. This receiving corps is below average without coop.

12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,002 Messages
    74,052 Likes Received
    You knew he was like this before you signed him.

13. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    31,227 Messages
    31,032 Likes Received
    I’ll take the beer but about the fence what are you talking about?

14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

13,487 Messages
    7,275 Likes Received
    this a regurgitation from a charles Robinson article, with a lot of speculation and innuedo with no one willing to put their name on it. I guess it could be worse Cooper could have done a Micahel Thomas and have ankle surgery in June.

15. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,335 Messages
    16,722 Likes Received
    Separate issues to me. I won't want Gallup getting free agent money from us whether or not we keep Cooper.

And I would keep Cooper.

16. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,004 Messages
    19,529 Likes Received
    Is there a thread in here where I can just say WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

17. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,522 Messages
    12,882 Likes Received
    We better hope Cooper balls out this year. He’s definitely trade bait after this year. I’d hate to just have to cut him and get nothing in return. A 2nd would be ideal.

18. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,367 Messages
    6,120 Likes Received
    Cooper doesn’t love football… I don’t think he even likes football…

it is what it is

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  19. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

8,480 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    Cowboys have 15 receivers on the current roster, including a 6-2, 225 lb Brown. And don't forget Schultz, he can also be a possession receiver. They have plenty of "possession" receivers. Michael Irvin was 6-2 and 200, was as much a possession receiver as he was a no. 1, caught tons of tough and third down passes, so many of the current crop of receivers are of similar size.

At this point I'd go with who we have...

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  20. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

8,480 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    Agreed, at some point trying to improve your team turns into roster churning, with 15 receivers on the roster (assuming Fehoko and other rookies all sign, haven't looked to see if they have) that's a lot to sort out, especially with 3 that you absolutely starters, and that's not including Zeke and Pollard, both very good at receiving. So you only need 1 or 2 of the other 12 to be pretty good.

Now if Dallas wants to go to 4 receiver sets a lot, you'd need more, but if you can't really pay 3 receivers top money you certainly can't pay 4....