Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys to attempt two tier two signings this week

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It most certainly is my friend!

I don’t know how we’ve gone 20 years without a super bowl. Don’t think I’ll survive another 8-8 season :)

LOL, my world isn't falling apart over football. I don't play, don't coach and don't own a team. It's a pass time thing. I don't live in Texas either where I assume the world is football. I have enjoyed the game and the Cowboys for 40 plus years. No one can take that away from me but me

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Everybody’s tired of not winning more playoff games or Superbowls, which is what I imagine you mean when you refer to ‘losing.’ It’s not an excuse for acting irrationally.

Regardless, the team doesn’t spend big the first week of FA. That’s the philosophy. They’ve been pretty successful adding talent under Garrett with that philosophy. What matters is what they do with the resources they *do* spend, and that’s been dramatically lopsided in favor of the offense and has gotten us beat.

If you went into the offseason expecting a big first week of FA, it was naive. It wasn’t going to happen.
What do you consider acting irrational?

GreenMean69

Reaction score
LOL.

Living up here in the Philly area, Eagles fans will be disappointed the day the Jones’ have to finally fire Garrett.

that would still only fix one of the two problems and it would be the lesser evil :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an excellent point. Probably the best point I have seen on the board yet.

It is also the exact same way I’ve come to.feel about entering a season and expecting a playoff win.

There’s less data on that and the odds were a lot closer, but we do pretty much know they’re hard to win when you can’t stop the opposing QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading this from an Eagles fan kind of feels like I just got kicked in the stones.

:omg:

Meh. They’re Eagles fans. Their judgement is bad by definition. Just remember what they all thought about Chip Kelley. Until they didn’t.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That is treading water.

There has been ZERO added since the season concluded.

It is all being pushed towards the table, betting on the draft which is a process that cannot be controlled because there are 31 other teams on equal ground.

The only place where a team can tip the scales is in free agency.

In the draft, it is a battle of wits, not resources.

You tip the scales in practice, meeting rooms, and a quality drafting system. Free agency is for people who fail at those 3 things

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Meh. They’re Eagles fans. Their judgement is bad by definition. Just remember what they all thought about Chip Kelley. Until they didn’t.

hey now ..... not all fans were happy about Chump Kelly trust me . Did we like the first season had had hopes ? Of course we did . But mid way through the 2nd season Chip already started to show the ugly turth when he benched Foles for Sanchez ... Foles was 6-2 in 2014 after that amazing year before. Dont confuse team loyalty to automatically liking everything they do :p

Carson

Reaction score
LOL, my world isn't falling apart over football. I don't play, don't coach and don't own a team. It's a pass time thing. I don't live in Texas either where I assume the world is football. I have enjoyed the game and the Cowboys for 40 plus years. No one can take that away from me but me

Oh I was just messing. It’s never been serious to me. It’s a way to pass the time and I come to the message boards to pass time at work lol

garyv

Reaction score
The draft also involves luck to a degree.
The thing about the Draft I've been following it closely since mid 70's. It really doesn' have to involve Luck at all. The truth is the NFL Scouting puts wayyyy too much emphsis on whether a guys height is 1 inch too short or he is 1 second too slow. Stay where your at and take the Best Available Player that will help your team win. One year and this was years ago I entered a Draft contest with DMN...and won. The catch was each player you selected for Dallas. Naturally had to be available when they selected. The Cowboys I believe were missing either their 2nd or 3rd Round pick due to a previous trade. Anyway at that time the Cowboys sucked I believe coming off a 1 win season and we couldn' score more than 10 points in a damn game. I selected Randy Moss WR than Ahman Green RB and Brian Gresie QB. The point is just like this Draft this year take a player that helps your team the most. If they get there and no Defensive player is there you like go Hernandez build the OL run the ball and control the Clock he may turn out helping the Defense more than a good but not great Defensive player. It' time to get smart in the FO

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Oh I was just messing. It’s never been serious to me. It’s a way to pass the time and I come to the message boards to pass time at work lol

Same here Sean. Still love the game. Not the business. Never lost or made a cent on football. I just kill time on here too. Most of my posts are nonsensical. Prefer the lighter side of life. Sometimes far to heavy on here

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
hey now ..... not all fans were happy about Chump Kelly trust me . Did we like the first season had had hopes ? Of course we did . But mid way through the 2nd season Chip already started to show the ugly turth when he benched Foles for Sanchez ... Foles was 6-2 in 2014 after that amazing year before. Dont confuse team loyalty to automatically liking everything they do :p

CK didn't bench Foles for Sanchez. Foles broke his collar bone.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I certainly am not going to fawn over it since it is the greatest achievement in the last 20 years of team history like you and others who think just like you do.

Back in Landry's era, that was a failed football season.
I always get a chuckle out of the folks that recall the days of Landry and lament the lack of the same accountability while conveniently ignoring the fact that the guy won 2 Super Bowls in 28 years as a head coach.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Landry. The hat that he signed for me is one of my most prized possessions. He was one of my childhood heroes. He had coached as many heartbreaking losses as every other coach combined in the franchises history. If he would have coached in this era, he wouldn't have lasted 10 years with the pressure of social media and public whining and outcry by the fan base (and no, I'm not (by ANY stretch comparing Garrett to Landry). Yet, he's the standard.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Not to mention that we gave 3 games away last year, so we should have won 12 last year.

I really wonder why some of these guys even bother being fans. Being a fan should be having hope coming into every season, while our fans love to find stuff to be negative about and a good 75% of the time there is not even anything there to be negative about. They just love being miserable and want the rest of us to be miserable too.
20+ years of the dregs will do that to fans...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

And every single Eagirls fan was calling their coach an idiot country bumpkin before the season began. Everyone wanted him gone!

erod

Reaction score
I always get a chuckle out of the folks that recall the days of Landry and lament the lack of the same accountability while conveniently ignoring the fact that the guy won 2 Super Bowls in 28 years as a head coach.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Landry. The hat that he signed for me is one of my most prized possessions. He was one of my childhood heroes. He had coached as many heartbreaking losses as every other coach combined in the franchises history. If he would have coached in this era, he wouldn't have lasted 10 years with the pressure of social media and public whining and outcry by the fan base (and no, I'm not (by ANY stretch comparing Garrett to Landry). Yet, he's the standard.
A lot of truth here.

Landry didn't put up 3-11 seasons once he got ou rolling, so I don't think you're entirely on target here, but it's true that it wasn't all roses with him.

Amazing streak of winning seasons, but he we so cold and controlling at times that I think it cost them a bit.

He should have won at least two more championships.