Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys to attempt two tier two signings this week

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Meh. They’re Eagles fans. Their judgement is bad by definition. Just remember what they all thought about Chip Kelley. Until they didn’t.
Meanwhile we're still stuck with the process.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Foles ever come back ? no

Collar bones take about 8 weeks to heal. If I remember correctly, he broke his collar bone in the 8th game. He wouldn't have been ready before the last game of the season. Even if he'd come back for the last 2 games, the season was lost by the time he would've come back. And stop making me stick up for Chip Kelly.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Point is, this team isn’t going anywhere with the same dudes from last year.

Irving is gone next season. Hopefully the lock up Lawrence long term.

We are placing all of our chips to the draft ... which can be like 2014 ... or could be the 2009 draft
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
Field the same team against opponents who have gotten stronger means worse results. Couldn't beat them last year now they have improved

erod

Reaction score
By the same measure, Garrett should have won a few more of those win and in games. But he didn't.
Fair enough, but there is zero room for error with this team.

I thought Garrett coached a helluva game in Green Bay. If Demarco didn't fumble on that TD-blocked hole, it would have been 24-7 at halftime. And then Dez' catch.

The coaching staff looks befuddled these days. Very different team without Romo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Coaches go how the players go and visa versa. Its all cyclical in the NFL. Was Garrett a bad coach in 2014,2016 when they exceeded expectations? Linehan? Marinelli? I mean these dudes didnt all the sudden forget how to coach well.We had a down year for multiple reasons in 2017,but give Philly credit...they were a buzz saw...they weren't gonna be denied. It was there year,and we move on. It is what it is. Fast forward to 2018...its a fresh start. Not sure I agree with the current strategy in free agency,but hey what do I know. Time will tell.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So who the hell are these FA's??
This guy (fleming)s actually a young proven RT that started a bunch of games and played at a high level..won a SB with the Pats. This signing makes a ton of sense.

Aven8

Reaction score
This guy is actually a young proven RT that started a bunch of games and played at a high level..won a SB with the Pats. This signing makes a ton of sense.

That will work, but it sounds expensive. I'm still amazed that we have to have this All Pro Oline with a mobile QB. This offense needs to be taken to the woodshed already!!!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This guy is actually a young proven RT that started a bunch of games and played at a high level..won a SB with the Pats. This signing makes a ton of sense.

shhhh we don't want to hear how good they are we just want to hear how bad they are. He must have a bunch of negative or he wouldn't play here:rolleyes:. In all honesty, an O-linema that wouldn't want to play on this line and block for Zeke would have to be a slug

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fleming is at least as good or a touch better than Doug Free...and Free wasn't bad at all...so its a good deal if we can sign him. He's just 25..which is an added bonus. Basically a rookie with tons of NFL experience and a ring.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Thanks for posting, but these type of threads should be are so boring and commonplace by now. Some Cowboys media type posts about Cowboys are bargain bin shopping for FAs again and the usual suspects and some new usual suspects on here, try and educate the masses about how inept Jerry and the F.O. is on here. Wash, rinse, repeat...

tm1119

Reaction score
Check the roster. You know who.

I look at the roster and see the team is adding talent through the draft at roughly the same rate as the top 1/3 of the league. The rest of those teams supplement through free agency, we don’t. How do you expect to catch up? With our great and innovative coaching staff??

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, but these type of threads should be are so boring and commonplace by now. Some Cowboys media type posts about Cowboys are bargain bin shopping for FAs again and the usual suspects and some new usual suspects on here, try and educate the masses about how inept Jerry and the F.O. is on here. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Problem is, whoever you are speaking of is right.

We are doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...insanity.

There is your wash, rinse, and repeat. Sometimes people just get tired of seeing the same inactivity or failures year after year in free agency.

J12B

Reaction score
I'm guessing the FO is being conservative in free agency for a few reasons:
1) They have the young core of guys on their roster they want to build around.
2) Ten picks in this coming draft and will be very aggressive by trading up and possibly trading next year's second for an additional 3rd rounder. I see them picking 7 guys. 6 picks within the first 4 rounds.
3) With the high number of picks, they will choose to be majorly aggressive in 2019 free agency. As of now they have approximately 68 million in cap space and that's with Dez and Witten on the roster.

We may be having a boring free agency period, but we're going to have an exciting draft.