Twitter: Fisher: Teams plan to call Cowboys on Taco Charlton trade ideas

InTheZone

Reaction score
What about other players? Do teams that need a QB and worship ours like the next greatest thing ready to give us a Herschel Walker-type trade?

Jipper

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade him...got to see if he breaks out in year 3....trading him now for a mid round pick would be such a waste...

cowboyec

Reaction score
I was hoping he wouldn't be Kevin Brooks.
I think I was wrong.
now that I think about it...Kevin Brooks was better.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade him...got to see if he breaks out in year 3....trading him now for a mid round pick would be such a waste...

I would, in a second, especially if it’s for a pick and there’s a player on the board I really like. I get your point and yeah it’s a waste but if he does nothing this year, he is a total bust and has no value whatsoever. With DLaw and Quinn in front of him, I don’t see much chance of him having a breakout year so I’d cut my loses while it may still be possible to get something of value for him.

Jipper

Reaction score
I would, in a second, especially if it’s for a pick and there’s a player on the board I really like. I get your point and yeah it’s a waste but if he does nothing this year, he is a total bust and has no value whatsoever. With DLaw and Quinn in front of him, I don’t see much chance of him having a breakout year so I’d cut my loses while it may still be possible to get something of value for him.

the grass is not always greener....just getting a pick in the 3/4/5 round vs having a chance on a player that was a 1st round talent actually showing up is not a good risk to take....

Dlaw didnt really have that big year till year 4...taco is going into year 3....they are very similar....unless you get a high 2nd round pick he should not be going anywhere

Sydla

Reaction score
the grass is not always greener....just getting a pick in the 3/4/5 round vs having a chance on a player that was a 1st round talent actually showing up is not a good risk to take....

Dlaw didnt really have that big year till year 4...taco is going into year 3....they are very similar....unless you get a high 2nd round pick he should not be going anywhere

And here goes the Lawrence comparison again.

There is zero comparison. Lawrence showed way more than Charlton has at this point in their careers.

If the Cowboys trade him, that should tell you something about Charlton.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think the consensus here is giving Taco a chance to bloom here in his 3rd season.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
And here goes the Lawrence comparison again.

There is zero comparison. Lawrence showed way more than Charlton has at this point in their careers.

If the Cowboys trade him, that should tell you something about Charlton.

Yep. DLaw earned a starting spot in year two and responded with 8 sacks and 14 TFL. I think people kinda forget it because it was a crummy year, or because in year 3 he had to deal with a suspension and an injury he tried to play through. But, if people were paying attention, his years 4 and 5 were not a surprise because he had become pretty dominant during his second year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd be happy to get a 1st for him. Maybe we will be involved tomorrow.

A first? I'd jump at it. If anything higher than 58 is offered, take it.

Otherwise, see if year three is his wake up call. Tank had a decent year two but year three was a disappointment, then year four eventually got him paid.