Twitter: Fisher: Teams plan to call Cowboys on Taco Charlton trade ideas

Jipper

Reaction score
And here goes the Lawrence comparison again.

There is zero comparison. Lawrence showed way more than Charlton has at this point in their careers.

If the Cowboys trade him, that should tell you something about Charlton.

Saying there is no comparison is a dumb remark when they were selected in similar spots, play similar positions and had not accomplished much in the early part of their careers

And yes if the cowboys trade him it will say something but the fact remains there is much to compare between the two with you want to admit it or not

Q_the_man

Reaction score
It'll be nice if we fetched a 3rd for Taco but a 5th with another 5th depending on his play is probably the best we could do.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
8ccad9228e6be4e86991af0027f0499e45eb3cca8c2261ac146ae56807492575.jpg

PUSHfold

Reaction score
This is dumb...let Taco develop...DE's take time and we knew damn well Taco was a project and that's okay since we drafted him late in the first round.

Imagine if we sold off DLaw for a 4th round pick after his 2nd season...Nobody on these forums knows AT ALL what kind player he's going to end up being. He has shown some flashes, his problem from what I can tell is an attitude one and if he can fix that then he's got all the tools to become a decent player for us.

Wood

Reaction score
Saw him working hard in the off-season. I think he's due for a breakout year. I wouldn't trade him.

I will give some of you credit...you hang in there to very end. Every sign is pointing to Taco being at best a 4th DE on any team...and you dig in. Respect.

basel90

Reaction score
dallas will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Taco . So far he is a bust due to the fact he is not even a starter , a first round pick lineman has to start , it is not like a QB which has to learn a lot. Even first round QBs start these days. Don't know what the cowboys saw in Taco . Michigan is full of busts all over the NFL .

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
You guys are funny.. although i would entertain ideas for taco. Some of you guys give up way too quick on a player going into his 3rd year when he had better pass rushers ahead of him (gregory, lawrence)..

Hardline

Reaction score
dallas will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Taco . So far he is a bust due to the fact he is not even a starter , a first round pick lineman has to start , it is not like a QB which has to learn a lot. Even first round QBs start these days. Don't know what the cowboys saw in Taco . Michigan is full of busts all over the NFL .
DEs have a lot to learn in the NFL also.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
yes but you agree that he has not shown promise yet like other rookies in the same position , who are first rounders.

What kind of promise were you expecting? When drafted, we were told he needed time to develop his skills.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
This fan base is a riot, it takes 3/4 years for a 1st round DE to develop be patient, 4th round pick QB starts first season, leads team to playoffs, he's the bum.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If teams call, they will listen.

I honestly think Taco is a good rotational end right now and can be a decent starter. But I don't think the team makes the Quinn trade if they really believe in him

Gaede

Reaction score
I'd imagine Taco's fate hinges on our draft. If we pick a DE in round 2 or 3 then he is gone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Saying there is no comparison is a dumb remark when they were selected in similar spots, play similar positions and had not accomplished much in the early part of their careers

And yes if the cowboys trade him it will say something but the fact remains there is much to compare between the two with you want to admit it or not
Lawrence had EIGHT sacks in year two.

In case you need help with math, that is twice the amount that Charlton has in his first two seasons.