Fisher: The Cowboys aren't looking to dump Zeke this year or next year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, May 23, 2022.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,930 Messages
    152,646 Likes Received
    6:30 mark of the video.

2. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

14,234 Messages
    27,044 Likes Received
    I believe it.

You get drafted by the Cowboys, especially high, then you basically have a job for life. The only way you don't is if you decide with your own freewill that you want to go somewhere else.

3. Majic

Majic Well-Known Member

916 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Mike's spot on here.

Pass2Run and Stash like this.
  4. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

26,915 Messages
    46,188 Likes Received
    Morris Claiborne says what’s up

5. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,717 Messages
    9,400 Likes Received
    Sounds like Zeke will get an extension.:omg::huh:

6. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

3,222 Messages
    5,651 Likes Received
    Jerry is hoping Zeke returns to his rookie form.

7. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

6,363 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    what else is he going to say at this point. I believe him though

Truck, Vanilla2 and Stash like this.
  8. MountaineerCowboy

14,234 Messages
    27,044 Likes Received
    Claiborne actually got a 1 year contract from the Cowboys after his 4 year rookie contract expired.

So they still resigned him for another season after watching him be a bust for 4 years.

I'm telling ya, Jerry has a really hard time letting guys go that he drafted.

9. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

4,215 Messages
    4,821 Likes Received
    For those looking for Dallas to move on from that awful contract, having Fish stand out in public with his unshaven waddle and his sun's out guns out wardrobe to pontificate about Zeke's long term future is the best news possible. If Fish says he's staying, bet the house on him leaving.

10. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

4,215 Messages
    4,821 Likes Received
    Fish said that Dallas kept playing Taco to prop him up? Was he in a coma? They made him a healthy scratch for weeks until he literally had no trade value. Much like the Cooper public trashinng in the media, Dallas is a master at devaluing assets when other teams are pumping sunshine on earnings calls.

11. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,960 Messages
    80,426 Likes Received
    Lol. Fish is such a click baiter. He pulls this stuff out of his hat w/no FO sources whatsoever. Elliott would have been gone this year if not for that humungous cap hit. Jerry's not going to keep paying a guy that lump sum of money whose numbers keep declining. Hilarious!

12. Stash

Stash Well-Known Member

73,552 Messages
    90,619 Likes Received
    I think he’s spot on with the Tank Lawrence comparison. A long time Cowboys player does an extension/pay cut to stay with the team. Team looks better, player looks better, costs come down, everybody wins.

Truck, Pass2Run, Pantone282C and 4 others like this.
  13. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,131 Messages
    76,845 Likes Received
    LOL.

The idiocy of Jerry and Stephen is mindnumbing if that's the case. Elliott has an 18 million and 16 million cap hit the next two seasons. The stupidity of that is epic.

But, IMO, I think if Elliott has a so-so 2022 season, Jerry and Stephen might change their minds. The fact they didn't restructure Elliott this year tells me they want the option to dump him if he slides.

Pass2Run, basel90, MS17 and 3 others like this.
  14. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,723 Messages
    8,993 Likes Received
    Fish tends to report messages and rumors based off his own bias.
    He frequently "reported" that Cowboys will keep Dez Bryant, no way departing with him.

He wants so badly to want to be the first to report, and generally that's just not the case.
    His goal is to throw a dart in the dark and see what happens to stick.

Amarillofan82 and Cowboyny like this.
  15. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    I hope his knee gets better. They didn’t leave themselves many other options and I’m convinced you need 3-4 RBs now. So I didn’t see them relying on the run game.

They don’t have many options at WR either so it’s strange they’re not very deep at the skill positions. James Washington might step up and have a monster year or the TEs. Maybe they think Gallup will be back, the rookie will step up, Fehoko or Noah brown can do something. There’s. One else to make plays.

16. Risen Star

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,930 Messages
    152,646 Likes Received
    Don't dismiss the QB's uncomfortable relationship with Zeke being a factor in this.

That's how poorly this team is managed.

17. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,937 Messages
    21,522 Likes Received
    Keep the buds together(Zeke+Dak) forever I guess because the glory we have witnessed as fans is priceless the past 6 seasons!!:rolleyes:

Truck, 5Stars, basel90 and 4 others like this.
  18. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,131 Messages
    76,845 Likes Received
    They were stuck with Elliott this year anyway. The only way they could have saved any cap space was via trade and what team is trading for an aging TB with base salaries ranging from $10.0 million to $16 million over the next 3-4 years?

No one was. Elliott will go down as one of the dumber contracts Jerry/Stephen handed out. If they were smart, they'd pull the parachute at the first realistic chance, and that's next year.

But the reality is that Elliott is a favorite of theirs. They used the 4th pick on him. They also love this whole notion of going against the grain to show how smart they are. So with fans and experts saying it was a silly contract and they need to dump Elliott soon, those two guys will be like "Screw that, we are smarter than they are! We are gonna keep Zeke."

As I said, my only hope comes from the fact they didn't touch his contract when they restructured guys this offseason. That leaves the "out" still possible after this year.

19. MountaineerCowboy

14,234 Messages
    27,044 Likes Received
    True.

Dak said he would like to have input on decisions that gets made, so best believe keeping his bff is #1 priority to him.

20. Risen Star

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,930 Messages
    152,646 Likes Received
    Where the team loses is he won't be worth any reworked contract they give him by that point. You can replace him in day 3 of the draft at pennies on the dollar.