Fisher: The Cowboys aren't looking to dump Zeke this year or next year

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
1. Fish has no idea what Dallas will do in regards to Zeke

2. 70 year old men should not be wearing muscle shirts

3. Buy a phone holder if you are going to record videos on your phone… shaky cam is not a good look

4. Record inside to avoid the wind jacking up your audio

Sydla

Reaction score
So say you and the rest of the RB's are disposable crowd. There are those of us who KNOW better

Know what better?

Who was the last highly paid TB to win a SB? Smart fans realize that the age of ground and pound, invest in your TB are over. The Rams just won a SB and that was AFTER they realized what a mistake it was to have a TB on a big, long term deal.

Rams - Akers, Michel
Bucs - Fournette, Jones II
Chiefs - McCoy, Williams
Pats - Burkhead, Michel
Eagles - Ajayi, Blount, Clement

Build an OL and you can find TBs to be effective.

Loso86

Reaction score
I believe it.

You get drafted by the Cowboys, especially high, then you basically have a job for life. The only way you don't is if you decide with your own freewill that you want to go somewhere else.
I've heard but not sure how true, but I believe they are working to try and drop that cap number. Not restructure

blueblood70

Reaction score
likelihood zeke is here in 23 is slim to none unless he gets and extension that cuts his salary by 50% and spreads it out to 2yr reduced role type final contract,

my gut say the FO has made many tough cuts of late guys like AC, Collins, Williams, Gregory, and others recently but Romo and ware as well as others..they will make the tough cut when money vs production come into play,,...Tank would be gone if he didnt restructure..

so those that keep saying the FO plays faves and wont make that tough cut hasnt been paying attention..

Sydla

Reaction score
I've heard but not sure how true, but I believe they are working to try and drop that cap number. Not restructure

Only way to do it would substantially cut his base salary. Seems unlikely.

Sydla

Reaction score
likelihood zeke is here in 23 is slim to none unless he gets and extension that cuts his salary by 50% and spreads it out to 2yr reduced role type final contract,

my gut say the FO has made many tough cuts of late guys like AC, Collins, Williams, Gregory, and others recently but Romo and ware as well as others..they will make the tough cut when money vs production come into play,,...Tank would be gone if he didnt restructure..

so those that keep saying the FO plays faves and wont make that tough cut hasnt been paying attention..

Why do people keep saying Gregory was a tough cut? They literally offered him $70 million and he gave them the finger over a technicality and went to Denver.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lets say Zeke rushes for 1500 yards? Then what ? His Trade value is off the charts. Then what?

I think it is more than just rushing yards, I think how this team does and how far they can advance will play a factor in what they will do. If Cowboys were to reach the SB and Zeke is a big part of it then I could see him remaining with the team. This year his contract hits it high mark going into 2023 the contract becomes a little less

Loso86

Reaction score
Lol. Fish is such a click baiter. He pulls this stuff out of his hat w/no FO sources whatsoever. Elliott would have been gone this year if not for that humungous cap hit. Jerry's not going to keep paying a guy that lump sum of money whose numbers keep declining. Hilarious!
Sir every MEDIA guy is, soooo...

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I was in the pay Zeke camp and really liked him and wanted him to get payed. Boy was I wrong! I thought he was built like truck and would be a solid back and would last 8 years. Didn't realize the shelf life was going to be so short for him. It seems like ever since Leveon Bell started that dancing routine behind the line of scrimmage waiting for a hole Zeke has seen that and ruined his game. Most of us can see that Zeke is done but it's going to take one more year for Jerry to realize.
All the touches have taken a toll but I also think Zeke’s skill set is not a good match with Moore’s style of offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All the touches have taken a toll but I also think Zeke’s skill set is not a good match with Moore’s style of offense.
apparently neither is, pollard is dominating?? i mean do you need more proof no RB is safe in moors pass happy unbalanced nonsense down the stretch.

counterpoint

zeke was by far the best RB the first 7 games of the season and the 6-0 run was about balance and Zeke at 5.2 YPC was producing and the offense was humming..injuries to OL, both rbs and other factors had them, shy away from it late down the stretch but seemingly didn't try to go back to it..

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Fisher will end up wrong again as usual. The only thing he’s right about is that Zeke will not be dumped this season. However, he will not be back in 2023. His guaranteed money is the only thing that’s keeping him on the team this season.

I believe this also, barring a spectacular season this year, they will look to move on from Zeke next year.

His guaranteed money this year is why he is still on the team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dallas is a master at devaluing assets when other teams are pumping sunshine on earnings calls

It's unbelievable how badly they screw football things up yet seem to operate other businesses really well.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sorry but no. Let's not forget how he "negotiated" his last contract. Nah, let him show that he can earn his money for two seasons in a row without sitting out or anything and then sign him in the middle of his last year. If he plays it ugly again, let him walk.
He would have to have a great season, and still take a pay cut.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I was thinking the same, would be the best way to reduce his rising cap hits if they plan on keeping him longterm
I don’t think one running back that got an extension has played well recently or has been injured. You just draft backs in the 2nd round or later and run them into the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I believe this also, barring a spectacular season this year, they will look to move on from Zeke next year.

His guaranteed money this year is why he is still on the team.

Even if Zeke were to have a spectacular season he would have to take a significant pay cut to be back in 2023. The Cowboys moved on from DeMarco Murray after four seasons because they didn’t want to pay him. They felt he had a lot of wear on this tread due to all the carries he got in 2014. Zeke is no longer a bell cow he’s splitting carries with Pollard, which is going to make it difficult for him to have a big rushing season. He’s bound to hit a wall in the next year or two. I just don’t see them bringing him back in 2023.

basel90

Reaction score
6:30 mark of the video.

Fisher has become basically a publicist for jerrry and his bum stars . Zeke , dak etc . offering rationale for Jerry's mistakes. this is why he gets invited to press conferences and probably gets endorsement deals.