Fitzpatrick To Start Vs. Cowboys

lkelly

Reaction score
I hear they also plan to start Minkah Fitzpatrick..

I'd target him right away.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pretty obvious what a team who has Fitzpatrick and Rosen as their QBs is trying to do.

Hold down the fort with a veteran while the 10th overall pick in the 2018 draft develops?

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score

If we were to drop this game it wouldn't surprise me none. I think this game in particular is the very litmus test they need: a deflated franchise looking to quit, mutiny in the rank and file and an up an coming team (maybe a little overconfident) opponent-Cowboys. With a loss ...It still won't end the season!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'll take fitz over Rosen. There is no Fitzmagic this year. I'm sure Marinelli will make him look all world tho

The Cowboys have made a number of journeyman QBs look like all world. Colt McCoy the Commanders third QB in 2014 carved us up for almost 300 yards and completed over 80% of his passes. Josh McCown ate us up a few years ago when he was with the Bears for 4 TD passes. Several years ago Matt Flynn for the Packers had 4 TD passes against us. We lost all those games. If we don’t show up to play on Sunday we’ll end up in a dogfight. I don’t trust our defense and with Gallup out who’s been our best receiver this season that could affect our offense. We have to show up on Sunday and give maximum effort.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Dolphins are as bad as people think. It doesn't mean they can't win if the team takes them for granted and starts beating themselves. There is no excuse for not winning this game in a blowout.

Although I prefer a blowout, comfortable win. I just want to win, even if it's by a point. I can live with griping about why we didn't blow them out while appreciating a 3-0 start.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
wouldn't it be funny if Fitzmagic started this week end.......
I'm borderline worried myself. This is a typical Cowboys game to blow, like Houston's first game years ago.

Hope those boys aren't eating the cheese this week, as Parcells would say.

Carson

Reaction score
The Cowboys have made a number of journeyman QBs look like all world. Colt McCoy the Commanders third QB in 2014 carved us up for almost 300 yards and completed over 80% of his passes. Josh McCown ate us up a few years ago when he was with the Bears for 4 TD passes. Several years ago Matt Flynn for the Packers had 4 TD passes against us. We lost all those games. If we don’t show up to play on Sunday we’ll end up in a dogfight. I don’t trust our defense and with Gallup out who’s been our best receiver this season that could affect our offense. We have to show up on Sunday and give maximum effort.

I get where you are going. But those teams we lost to, had talent and were fighting harder than the Dolphins.

2014 Skins still had a young healthy Alfred Morris, DeSean Jackson, Jordan Reed, Pierre Garcon.

McCowns Bears had a solid Brandon Marshall, Alston Jeffrey, Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett.

Flynn’s Packers had Eddie Lacy (before he was fat), Jordy Nelson, James Jones.

Those teams despite injuries, had decent defenses, solid talent all around. The Dolphins can win. But they are just not a good team outside of Parker, Williams, Howard, Jones (May be out)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wanted Rosen

They will bring in Rosen when Garrett has the defense switch to prevent mode.

It's a good way to give Rosen confidence.

End of 1st Quarter: Cowboys 49, Dolphins 0

Garrett tells Richard/Marinelli to switch to the prevent defense (also known as the Garrett ahead by a few points defense).

End of game: Cowboys 49, Dolphins 45.

Rosen looks like a hero for "almost" winning the game and justifies the trade they made to get him...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Would prefer to see Rosen. Fitzpatrick been God awful but he has some gunslinger in him.

Whereas Rosen appears to be an outright bust (though to be fair he's been in awful situations. Literally the Anti-Dak in that regard).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Would prefer to see Rosen. Fitzpatrick been God awful but he has some gunslinger in him.

Whereas Rosen appears to be an outright bust (though to be fair he's been in awful situations. Literally the Anti-Dak in that regard).
At the end of the day it probably won't matter. But Rosen had several very good throws that were dropped.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get where you are going. But those teams we lost to, had talent and were fighting harder than the Dolphins.

2014 Skins still had a young healthy Alfred Morris, DeSean Jackson, Jordan Reed, Pierre Garcon.

McCowns Bears had a solid Brandon Marshall, Alston Jeffrey, Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett.

Flynn’s Packers had Eddie Lacy (before he was fat), Jordy Nelson, James Jones.

Those teams despite injuries, had decent defenses, solid talent all around. The Dolphins can win. But they are just not a good team outside of Parker, Williams, Howard, Jones (May be out)

Regardless you can’t take anyone for granted in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is likely to try and turn this into a shoot out and if we don’t put pressure on him he could have some success. Woods is likely out at safety. We can’t allow the Dolphins to hang around into the 4th quarter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In 1975 a 4-0 Cowboys team lost at home to a 0-4 Packers team that was coached by Bart Starr. The Cowboys ended up in the Super Bowl that year and Green Bay ended up 4-12. Let me be very clear I’m not predicting the Cowboys will lose on Sunday but we can’t take Miami lightly.