Twitter: Five year Anniversary of Dez's Catch

aria

Reaction score
lol in the link you posted, it says that Dez actions don’t warrant an automatic penalty and it’s to the refs discretion.

And literally in the same paragraph they discuss the suh play it says “Cowboys informed of several missed calls against Detroit”

so yeah, valiant effort to discredit your favorite team and fans, but no screw job. Thanks for doing the leg work
Did you read any of the other links? They clearly show video of Hitchins making initial contact and every single one says Detroit got screwed.

I’m well aware that the Dez non call was a judgement call but just as when the Cowboys get called for ticky tack penalties or other teams don’t get called for ticky tack penalties, this fan base has a complete break down and throws a temper tantrum akin to a 2 year old. Here we are with people still crying about Dez almost 5 years later and there is zero mention of Detroit getting screwed. Not to mention, people act as if that was the Super Bowl, it wasn’t even a Conference title game, and that there’s no way Rodgers would have marched down the field and still beat us like he has every other time.

Point about Dez being, if that were a player for another team, who ran that far out on the field with his helmet off and started arguing with officials while they were discussing the flags they PICKED UP and didn’t get flagged, the Cowboys cry babies would say “if that were one of our guys we would have been flagged, that was clear bias against the Cowboys, the NFL/Goodell doesn’t want us to win. Show me how many other times that has happened and the player hasn’t been flagged”.

Some you need to grab your jock strap (if you need one) and move on. While we’re at it, why don’t we talk about how many Super Bowls we would have won if Romo were still our QB.

Proof

Reaction score
Did you read any of the other links? They clearly show video of Hitchins making initial contact and every single one says Detroit got screwed.

I’m well aware that the Dez non call was a judgement call but just as when the Cowboys get called for ticky tack penalties or other teams don’t get called for ticky tack penalties, this fan base has a complete break down and throws a temper tantrum akin to a 2 year old. Here we are with people still crying about Dez almost 5 years later and there is zero mention of Detroit getting screwed. Not to mention, people act as if that was the Super Bowl, it wasn’t even a Conference title game, and that there’s no way Rodgers would have marched down the field and still beat us like he has every other time.

Point about Dez being, if that were a player for another team, who ran that far out on the field with his helmet off and started arguing with officials while they were discussing the flags they PICKED UP and didn’t get flagged, the Cowboys cry babies would say “if that were one of our guys we would have been flagged, that was clear bias against the Cowboys, the NFL/Goodell doesn’t want us to win. Show me how many other times that has happened and the player hasn’t been flagged”.

Some you need to grab your jock strap (if you need one) and move on. While we’re at it, why don’t we talk about how many Super Bowls we would have won if Romo were still our QB.

It’s just strange man. You have this weird hard on for calling out fans and take a lot of leaks in your arguments. You argue hypotheticals and straw men and it wouldn’t even be that noticeable if it was every once in awhile or maybe in response to a poster saying something like “Cowboys fans never do that”. But it’s not you just pop up to be what, the angry voice of reason? Lol

all fans complain about calls and ignore some of (most of) their own. Just part and parcel of being a fan.

as far as the lions game, I don’t care if Hitchens could’ve been called for PI, holding, or illegal contact since Pettigrew could’ve been called for facemask. Just is what it is.

As far as whether our fans would lose it if another player did what Dez did without penalty, maybe? Probably? So what.

and lastly, when you’re a fan of a perennial loser, a call of that magnitude (enough that it literally changed the rule and is the reference point) at that critical stage, against your nemesis, and ultimately the closest that some of your favorite players ever got to playoff success and potentially more, it’s just one of those things that stick with you.

does with me anyway.

Alweezy

Reaction score
It’s just strange man. You have this weird hard on for calling out fans and take a lot of leaks in your arguments. You argue hypotheticals and straw men and it wouldn’t even be that noticeable if it was every once in awhile or maybe in response to a poster saying something like “Cowboys fans never do that”. But it’s not you just pop up to be what, the angry voice of reason? Lol

all fans complain about calls and ignore some of (most of) their own. Just part and parcel of being a fan.

as far as the lions game, I don’t care if Hitchens could’ve been called for PI, holding, or illegal contact since Pettigrew could’ve been called for facemask. Just is what it is.

As far as whether our fans would lose it if another player did what Dez did without penalty, maybe? Probably? So what.

and lastly, when you’re a fan of a perennial loser, a call of that magnitude (enough that it literally changed the rule and is the reference point) at that critical stage, against your nemesis, and ultimately the closest that some of your favorite players ever got to playoff success and potentially more, it’s just one of those things that stick with you.

does with me anyway.

Yeah I don't see the point that OP has of going on and on about the Lions game. If anything, arguing the point that the NFL would "correct" the Cowboys in the next game makes the reversal even worse.

Coy

Reaction score
We beat the Giants twice in 2007. Lost to them in the playoffs.
We beat the Packers on the road without Dez in 2016. Lost to them in the playoffs.

Regular season success against a team does not mean much when it comes to the playoffs.

Yep, but that doesn’t mean Dallas couldn’t beat Seattle once again.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
5 years later, and still not one angle which shows indisputably that the ball hit the ground.

So .....

854qd53562goxi16g.jpg

hjebbxvb03uwarb6g.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They win that game and they go to the NFCC...

Regardless, a divisional round playoff loss isn’t as devastating as a championship game loss. Those who are still suffering over the Dez catch loss must not have been around for the Ice Bowl and The Catch.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I still think its a catch, even under the old rules but whatever.

The bigger missed opportunity was the Demarco Murry fumble with nothing but green grass in front of him, if he doesn't fumble that is a walk in TD and the Dez play is moot.

Look on the bright side fellas, the following week Green Bay was up big on Seattle and was headed to the SB but Seattle started coming back and the Pack muffed an onside kick late in the game and lost.

I would much rather lose like we did in the Division round than lose the NFC Championship because of a muffed onside kick, talk about a horrific way to lose when a trip to the SB was literally in your hands.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Come to think of it, all the NFC teams that year had their seasons end with brutal losses.

Detroit lost to Dallas in Wildcard round on what they say was an overturned PI call...……..called PI on field, overturned and ruled "face guarding".
Dallas then goes on to play the Pack in the Division round and loses on Dez catch...……..called catch on field, overturned on review.
Packers go on to play Seattle in the NFC Title Game and loses game on botched onside recovery.
Seattle then goes to the SB and marches down to 1 yard line and they dont run Beastmode, instead Wilson throws pick from 1 to end the game.

Just brutal losses for all the NFC teams that year.:(

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I still think its a catch, even under the old rules but whatever.

The bigger missed opportunity was the Demarco Murry fumble with nothing but green grass in front of him, if he doesn't fumble that is a walk in TD and the Dez play is moot.

Look on the bright side fellas, the following week Green Bay was up big on Seattle and was headed to the SB but Seattle started coming back and the Pack muffed an onside kick late in the game and lost.

I would much rather lose like we did in the Division round than lose the NFC Championship because of a muffed onside kick, talk about a horrific way to lose when a trip to the SB was literally in your hands.
Clinton-Dix was in the secondary waiting for Murray. Another defender was on his horse and would have easily caught up to Murray. There was no way Murray was scoring a TD on that play regardless of what Aikman said in his broadcast. He would have gained ~30 yards, out the team in FG range, and continued the drive but it was definitely not a walk in TD.

And while that was a big play, I believe it was just a continuation of the real momentum shifter in the game, which was the sequence of events in the final 1.5 minutes of the 1st half when Garrett called a stupid timeout allowing the refs to overturn a 1st down ruling on the field, Romo tumbling the 3rd down snap, Bailey missing the FG and having the retry blocked, defense giving up a long pass play and GB kicking a FG when we had complete control of the game with the call poised to take a 2 possession lead into halftime.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Clinton-Dix was in the secondary waiting for Murray. Another defender was on his horse and would have easily caught up to Murray. There was no way Murray was scoring a TD on that play regardless of what Aikman said in his broadcast. He would have gained ~30 yards, out the team in FG range, and continued the drive but it was definitely not a walk in TD.

Truth.

Murray-Fumble.jpg