Twitter: Five year Anniversary of Dez's Catch

stuckindc

Reaction score
Truth.

Murray-Fumble.jpg
it hurt bad and changed the game

aria

Reaction score
It’s just strange man. You have this weird hard on for calling out fans and take a lot of leaks in your arguments. You argue hypotheticals and straw men and it wouldn’t even be that noticeable if it was every once in awhile or maybe in response to a poster saying something like “Cowboys fans never do that”. But it’s not you just pop up to be what, the angry voice of reason? Lol

all fans complain about calls and ignore some of (most of) their own. Just part and parcel of being a fan.

as far as the lions game, I don’t care if Hitchens could’ve been called for PI, holding, or illegal contact since Pettigrew could’ve been called for facemask. Just is what it is.

As far as whether our fans would lose it if another player did what Dez did without penalty, maybe? Probably? So what.

and lastly, when you’re a fan of a perennial loser, a call of that magnitude (enough that it literally changed the rule and is the reference point) at that critical stage, against your nemesis, and ultimately the closest that some of your favorite players ever got to playoff success and potentially more, it’s just one of those things that stick with you.

does with me anyway.
Straw man? Come up with some new terminology or be more specific how it applies to my argument. I presented you 4 different articles with clear video and pictures of multiple angles of the several different penalties Hitchins could be called for (which the articles supported) and that’s not good enough. Show me 4 different articles of how the officials got that call right.

A large part of our fan base are cry babies and an embarrassment. Those same fans are the ones who blame everyone hating us for being “Americas Team” or because they’re jealous of something we accomplished over 20 years ago. News flash! We’re not hated for past accomplishments otherwise other teams are more deserving but not hated as much. We’re not hated for a silly nick name. We’re hated because we have the biggest cry baby and most arrogant fan base. We’re hated for all the undeserved media hype and attention. We’re hated because we have a bunch of fans that live in an early 90’s bubble and never stop talking about it.

I work with fellow fans that fit the description above and I can’t stand them, they make us all look bad and not only cause the hatred but the deserved mockery. How about we accomplish something in say the past 5 years before fans start running their mouths about how great of a franchise we are and how we’re going to the Super Bowl every year. How about we stop talking about a dumb “catch” that happened 5 years ago (while simultaneously ignoring the horrible calls that helped get us there; see Detroit).

You say there was a face mask (after Hitchins initiated illegal contact which was clearly displayed in the links I provided) and “it is what it is”. So how about saying “it is what it is” about the Dez catch and LET IT GO?

Proof

Reaction score
Straw man? Come up with some new terminology or be more specific how it applies to my argument. I presented you 4 different articles with clear video and pictures of multiple angles of the several different penalties Hitchins could be called for (which the articles supported) and that’s not good enough. Show me 4 different articles of how the officials got that call right.

A large part of our fan base are cry babies and an embarrassment. Those same fans are the ones who blame everyone hating us for being “Americas Team” or because they’re jealous of something we accomplished over 20 years ago. News flash! We’re not hated for past accomplishments otherwise other teams are more deserving but not hated as much. We’re not hated for a silly nick name. We’re hated because we have the biggest cry baby and most arrogant fan base. We’re hated for all the undeserved media hype and attention. We’re hated because we have a bunch of fans that live in an early 90’s bubble and never stop talking about it.

I work with fellow fans that fit the description above and I can’t stand them, they make us all look bad and not only cause the hatred but the deserved mockery. How about we accomplish something in say the past 5 years before fans start running their mouths about how great of a franchise we are and how we’re going to the Super Bowl every year. How about we stop talking about a dumb “catch” that happened 5 years ago (while simultaneously ignoring the horrible calls that helped get us there; see Detroit).

You say there was a face mask (after Hitchins initiated illegal contact which was clearly displayed in the links I provided) and “it is what it is”. So how about saying “it is what it is” about the Dez catch and LET IT GO?

I’d just suggest taking your frustrations out on them. They sound terrible and you’d be wholly justified. Here though YOU are the one that comes off whiny.

direct your vitriol where it is most deserved.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Just hope I'm still alive when we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Dez catch :)

In any case I guess I should send Dez a box of Butterfingers to celebrate :laugh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dallas still most likely loses the game. I was over it a couple days after.

aria

Reaction score
I’d just suggest taking your frustrations out on them. They sound terrible and you’d be wholly justified. Here though YOU are the one that comes off whiny.

direct your vitriol where it is most deserved.
Eh...I won’t argue this too much and I do know let them know how I feel but how would seeing threads about the same thing you suggest I take out my frustrations on and not saying anything be any different?

If someone I worked with started complaining about the Dez catch 5 years or even 2 years after it happened I would tell them the same thing I said in this thread, quit your crying/belly aching and move on. I would also reference Detroit and how every team gets good calls and bad calls.

Proof

Reaction score
Eh...I won’t argue this too much and I do know let them know how I feel but how would seeing threads about the same thing you suggest I take out my frustrations on and not saying anything be any different?

If someone I worked with started complaining about the Dez catch 5 years or even 2 years after it happened I would tell them the same thing I said in this thread, quit your crying/belly aching and move on. I would also reference Detroit and how every team gets good calls and bad calls.

I won’t speak for anyone else, but for me the Dez caught it is essentially a meme at this point and I’ll champion it just to do it. Also because it’s arguably my biggest heart break as a sports fan, along with the lakers coming back from 15 down against the 2000 blazers in game 7 and mike Tyson losing to buster Douglas. Just let us pout in peace :-(

aria

Reaction score
I won’t speak for anyone else, but for me the Dez caught it is essentially a meme at this point and I’ll champion it just to do it. Also because it’s arguably my biggest heart break as a sports fan, along with the lakers coming back from 15 down against the 2000 blazers in game 7 and mike Tyson losing to buster Douglas. Just let us pout in peace :-(
Lol, that “catch” is one of my biggest pet peeves. It used to be the “what if Romo” threads 2-3 years after he retired but those have gone away for the most part.

Anyways...since you asked nicely I’ll try but I won’t make any promises. It would be best if I don’t even click on the thread, maybe that will help when it comes up again next year :)