Fix the DL before spending money at Safety

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Reid got abused in the rams game and Daniel Ross played a grand total of 284 plays last year . if that's the cowboys depth they are in trouble

Ross played 25% of the snaps. That's not nothing. And he played ok. There's no sign that he couldn't have played more.

Collins, Woods, Ross, Crawford. We've gone into seasons looking like we had a lot less. Likely we sign another reclamation project, and very likely take someone in the draft.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The sad part about Taco is the team actually did the right thing in addressing a need, before it became a need. The problem is we got a guy who does have the heart and desire to be good, let alone great

We should include bio picture as one of our draft metrics. Look at the expression for the camera. WKG. The Cowboys roster picture is similar, and more so. Looking down his nose, turning away. Tude.

conner01

Reaction score
We should include bio picture as one of our draft metrics. Look at the expression for the camera. WKG. The Cowboys roster picture is similar, and more so. Looking down his nose, turning away. Tude.
I suspect his attitude is why he was a healthy scratch many weeks
In college you play against some inferior teams and you can get by without giving it everything you got. In the nfl you can’t
I hope I’m wrong because we need Taco
But I question if he had the heart and desire to do what it takes to be good in the nfl

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
At this point, I'd be pretty okay signing Timmy Jernigan and trading for Emmanuel Ogbah...sigh

kinda sad really

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I suspect his attitude is why he was a healthy scratch many weeks
In college you play against some inferior teams and you can get by without giving it everything you got. In the nfl you can’t
I hope I’m wrong because we need Taco
But I question if he had the heart and desire to do what it takes to be good in the nfl

After they sat him, the interview with him was encouraging. Let's hope. We need him to be more.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Ross played 25% of the snaps. That's not nothing. And he played ok. There's no sign that he couldn't have played more.

Collins, Woods, Ross, Crawford. We've gone into seasons looking like we had a lot less. Likely we sign another reclamation project, and very likely take someone in the draft.

Ok is the new benchmark? Woods, Collins and Crawford were also abused during the rams game. Actually their were more than a few games were the cowboys d line played poorly .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ok is the new benchmark? Woods, Collins and Crawford were also abused during the rams game. Actually their were more than a few games were the cowboys d line played poorly .

I think the stories about the tells in the Rams game were true.

Getting run over against the Rams was a complete outlier from the rest of the year. Woods was injured. LVE had the flu. Almost a hundred yards more than the next.

With the next worst game being Eberflus abusing us. If anyone is going to scheme your run defense, it's your former genius LB coach. The announcers were diagramming how he was doing it.

Outcoached.

The defense was 5th for rushing yards and rushing ypc in the regular season. I don't think that players who had top 5 rushing defense turned into bums on the last game of the season.

But I'm not surprised at seeing Marinelli get pantsed in the playoffs. We saw that same in 2016.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The 1tech market is still stocked for the Cowboys, they should look into that. Get one guy who comes in and is capable of starting instead of a question mark.

Still some DEs too when you consider Benson Mayowa is probably the floor.

CWR

Reaction score
Dline is a huge issue that's being ignored. Even if they keep dlaw the dline is meh. The way things stand now Dallas wont have him playing or get picks for him. Then really how is the dline. Theyll draft dline and sign backups.

I think they need to admit to themselves hes got them bent over a barrel and just pay him. I cant imagine waiting for someone to "set the market" will be beneficial anyways. Im curious to know how far apart they really are.