Fixing OL has to be priority 1

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Steele sitting on the bench while Conner Williams is out there single-handily losing games vs good teams.

Collins should have been moved inside when he came back from his suspension, it was clear as day CW was trash back then and his 2 holding penalties today were huge!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Pro/Anti Dak, there isnt much to say. We are married to him for the next couple.

We fell apart this because our offense is erratic and we are undisciplined.

The only we can really do with the former is fix the OL.

Our defense did their part all season. I dont want to here more of "We need to spend as manu picks on defense as possible" again from fans this offseason
What this team needs is a bonified hard *** to coach this undiscipline team. I've near seen so many penalties that just killed this team. On defense they couldn't get off the field because of them and on offense they couldn't stay on the feild because on them. Prescot isn't good enough to overcome all the ridiculous penalties the O-Line was committing. What a sh^t show...................

JMPearson

Reaction score
Need a rb and more touches for Pollard OL will be fine if you draft a LT to replace SMith

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Pro/Anti Dak, there isnt much to say. We are married to him for the next couple.

Our defense did their part all season. I dont want to here more of "We need to spend as manu picks on defense as possible" again from fans this offseason
Priority number 1 is improving our lines defensively and offensively. We also need to realize Dak does not have the arm to win games with no running attack. The NFC East is hot garbage and did us no favors getting us ready for the playoffs.:facepalm:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Definitely agree, part of offense's regression has been directly tied to the run game and offensive line. I would like a new offensive coordinator, oline coach, and some new offensive line pieces.

HanD

Reaction score
Totally agree. Tyron may need to retire. He can’t be counted on for his current $ level. Connor luckily expires.
He's like 16th in lt salary. You can replace him but you aren't going to be saving any money on the free market. His deal is very team friendly. Yes he has health issues....but LG is the biggest liability by far.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We can certainly find a way to trade him. Three teams traded away their expensive QBs. But let's say that won't happen.

The fastest way to upgrade is signing or trading for one...but we can't afford anyone due to Dak's cap number. So that likely means drafting, which takes time. Time wasted for some of our younger players, who then too will need to be resigned. It is a very tough situation and easier said then done.
Dak has a no trade clause, he is not going anywhere. Plus we don’t have anyone to replace him. Maybe the Ole Miss quarterback will fall to our spot in the draft. I would take a look.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
This OL has been making stupid penalties at worst possible time for years, no matter the coaching. Stupid players that Jerry keeps paying.

Verdict

Reaction score
Right now on the OL we have Martin, that we can count on (and he has chunks in his armor as well). The rest of them are replaceable. Steele has some cheap potential at the RT. I would keep Connor McGovern for his versatility as his backup.

The rest are pretty much garbage. At least as presently “coached up.”

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Steele should have been starting instead of Collins.

Collins has regressed significantly since 2019.

Cutting Collins and Lewis saves a good deal of money.
Steele has a chance to be a very good RT, and much cheaper.
Start Joseph and Diggs, Ball goes into the slot.
Draft well.

Of course, none of this matters if our coaches can't get us ready for the first quarter of our playoff games.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

Defenses don’t stay the same. We were good in 2018. Then bad in 19

RonWashington

Reaction score
A stud plug and play tackle or guard or heavens to Betsy a Center any of those three positions please before another year of Zack Martin and Dak is wasted .

RonWashington

Reaction score
And while we’re on the topic of priority # 86 has sold me on the need to keep him . Priority # 1 in free agency things break down Daks running for his life Schultz is an outlet 10-15 yards stretch the chains.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I agree the OL has gotten to the point where it's a significant issue. I also agree with those who mention that Steele should have been starting. The Cowboys were playing their best football when Steele was the starting RT. Martin is still a stud at RG, but that's it for upper level talent. Considering injuries and some age now, Smith is at best a little above average. He is good enough for now.

Steele seems promising at RT, but the sample size is small. LG and Center need talent added next year. If those two spots had good players and Steele was at RT playing the way he was, then the line becomes a strength.