Fixing OL has to be priority 1

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by darthseinfeld, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

4,167 Messages
    2,512 Likes Received
    We've needed a DT the past 3 seasons and we keep using bandaids

HungryLion likes this.
  2. 88sAndHeartbreak

88sAndHeartbreak Well-Known Member

852 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Dak has shown he's capable, even with a O-line as bad as this years. This team has problems bigger than Dak.

3. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,724 Messages
    16,686 Likes Received
    This has to be the priority number one. Even Martin's been abused few times this year by someone not named Donald.

I never saw that before this year. He is still one of the best, but he is getting older and starting his decline.

4. Strykerscm

Strykerscm Member

39 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Don’t draft longhorns. Shocker I know. They are weak and limp wristed cucks.

5. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

4,677 Messages
    4,378 Likes Received
    No sir. Most important position on the field. He's never been good enough to elevate the team and now he's completely gone in the toilet. Until you fix that, nothing else matters.

6. McKDaddy

4,677 Messages
    4,378 Likes Received
    It's actually been happening for a while now. I get attacked for saying it. Glad to know someone else is honest enough to admit he isn't what he once was. But keep it on the down low. Don't want to hurt his trade value.

Zman5 likes this.
  7. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,521 Messages
    10,336 Likes Received
    Anyone who says our OL is better than 20th at best is delusional. We suck. Holding penalties count. Tyron is a shell of himself. Williams is beyond words. Biadasz is weak. Collins is bad and only playing due to his rep. Even Zack missed a stunt today. It's getting contagious.

Blast From The Past likes this.
  8. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,724 Messages
    16,686 Likes Received
    I've seen him get beat before. All OL get beat at times. Even the great ones but this year, I've actually seen him get abused where he is getting pushed around easily more often.

Blast From The Past and McKDaddy like this.
  9. 88sAndHeartbreak

852 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Then they should protect the "most important position on the field" by putting a better O-line in front of him. Ignoring a position group won't do anything but keep your qb hurt or rushing thru reads or bailing out the pocket... know matter who that may be. Ask Andrew Luck.

10. McKDaddy

4,677 Messages
    4,378 Likes Received
    Agree that the OL has to be fixed but you said the QB wasn't the highest priority. Simply saying that it will not fix anything if your QB can't make plays.

11. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

11,551 Messages
    27,453 Likes Received
    Or couldn’t find them because he was too busy panicking over a phantom pass rush.

mardwin likes this.
  12. 88sAndHeartbreak

852 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    He's not the highest priority, having a good all around team is. We can't win being the highest penalized team in the NFL, or not utilizing two top rb's, etc.

I'm not excusing Dak, but thinking he is the biggest problem means you're not seeing the big picture.

13. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

10,520 Messages
    10,067 Likes Received
    Steele at RT, Collins to LG, the line is fixed. Farniok will be the backup center next year, I think McGovern has one more year, maybe Josh Ball can be swing tackle. Alarcon might be ready to push for a spot. I think we will take an OL in top three rounds and maybe another around the 5th. We need at least one starting level LB since Vander Esch is likely gone. We can hope the kid from LSU can come back from the ACL but we need LBs. Gotta decide what they are gonna do with Gregory and I think Armstrong is also a FA. All meat and potatoes draft.

Doomsday likes this.
  14. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,972 Messages
    29,987 Likes Received
    There hasnt been any stud DT's available to us in the first

15. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

18,406 Messages
    16,338 Likes Received
    I would agree....But Steele isn't the answer either. I thought @ some point we would move Mcgovern into RG and move Martin to RT. Hate to say it....but Martin is getting beat down playing inside.....his end is getting near.

16. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    11,128 Likes Received
    Very easy to defend a one dimensional team like the Cowboys became post Denver

17. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

4,167 Messages
    2,512 Likes Received
    So we do nothing?

18. McKDaddy

4,677 Messages
    4,378 Likes Received
    We disagree. If you are going to advance in the playoffs, your chances largely depend on your QB being one of the better QB's in the league. Everything else is window dressing.

19. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,697 Messages
    10,447 Likes Received
    OL is a priority because the offense has to have a good to great running game to win. Draft a run blocker or two. Maybe even snag a RB. Get a new OC that will run the ball and play the hot RB no matter what.

20. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,186 Messages
    8,448 Likes Received
    i would actually say start with the coaching issues first .. and then on to player personnel ... .. :oops: