Fletcher Cox threw a punch at Zack Martin

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love these idiots that punch helmets.
The best part of that play is Zack Martin getting punched and saying "You realize I'm wearing a helmet, right?"
I always think back at examples like this during those few fights when someone is totally pissed but has the presence of mind to TRY and remove the other guy's helmet BEFORE throwing a punch! :muttley:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It looked like that to me as well. Almost like a reflex reaction from Cox. Still uncalled for but I don't see it as malicious as some others might.

I think he should be fined for throwing the punch, though, even if he was simply reacting to being cut.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
My question is what is Zeke doing to finish his block for the #20?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Looks like that was the only reason he went to the ground, to take a cheap shot.

Yeah, that's it. He probably planned it in the huddle.

More like linemen lose it when guys block them low, even when it's legal to do so.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
He has issues. It was reported that a guy came to his house last week looking for his girlfriend. Cox or the guy had a bat.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Martin was laying face down. When are sucker punches NOT malicious? :huh:

Meh. It's football. Dude was laying down and threw a half *** punch at a dudes helmet. Hell it probably hurt his hand more then it hurt Zach. Bottom line is I dont find it as big of a deal as you. Sorry if that bothers you.

InTheZone

Reaction score
That doesn’t look like much of a punch. Seems like now everyone slows stuff down just to show whatever they want.
Lol seriously. Did you watch his right arm or left arm because there's no way you can deny that. Smh

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin cut him, so I think he was going to go to the ground no matter what. He likely was mad about having his legs knocked out from under him. Defensive linemen hate getting chop blocked.
And Martin went low intentionally and caught him on the outside of that right knee that it appears Cox was trying to protect by going airborne.

Usually those guys do their dirty work in the pile and not out in the open. When I first started watching the game, I used to wonder how the lineman got those abrasions, black eyes, bruises and bloody noses and just who did that blood belong too? I remember DL showing the refs bite marks from Conrad Dobler after coming out of the pile.

Two of the more notorious characters from back in the day were Sam Huff, who Jim Taylor credits with making him run angry because of what he did to him when he'd tackle him but the best was Dick Butkus. The most famous player on the Arkansas national champ team that Booger and Jimmy played on was Lloyd Phillips, AA DL and older brother of one of my frat brothers and one night he regaled us with stories but this one about Butkus had us doubled over.

Butkus was known to do some wacky and bizarre things before and during games like eat a whole head of raw garlic, puke and hold ball carriers down and breath in their face. But in one game, he crapped his pants, and they were wearing the black ones, in Q2 and all of his teammates knew it and the other team's OL that had to try and block him and the ball carriers were to soon find out because he was trying to sit on their facemasks before getting up and those weren't the cages they are today. So it's halftime and they expect him to shower quickly and change pants but he just sits there on the end of the bench looking at them and smiling. Lloyd said he'd never seen players move that quickly to beat Butkus out of the locker room. The funniest part was that after the game, one of the OL told Lloyd he and the RB had complained to the ref and asked him to tell Butkus to clean himself up and change pants and the ref looked over at Butkus, looked back at them and said "you tell him" and walked off.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If folks wanna see him suspended, retweet that and tag the NFL office and commish, etc. (@NFL , @nflcommish , @TroyVincentSr)