Fletcher Cox threw a punch at Zack Martin

Scotman

Reaction score
Asking out of curiosity, is there a way to look at the fines levied by the NFL week to week?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Steven liked the burger but not as much as Lauri.

DallasFann thought the hit was malicious but not as much as DallasEast.

Malicious means to do harm or intend to harm. I don't think he was trying to harm Zach as much as you. Hell, I'm willing to bet Cox could swing at Zach way harder then he did.

I don't see the big deal in that. I'm sure there are a lot of things in this world that offend me more then they do you.
The power behind the swing determines if it was malicious or not? He's just trying to love tap him when he throw the punch, cuz they are Bros and wrestling?

He may not have hulk smashed Martin but a swing is a swing.
Go punch someone at work, without full force, then tell them you didn't put your all in the swing, let me know how that turns out.

Btw Martin didn't surprise him or jump out and scare him, it wasn't a reaction swing, it was a cheap shot in a scrummage he didn't think anyone would see.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The helmet is protection, but guys still get concussions in them. You can make someones brain move in a helmet

The helmet doesn't make the brain stay in place

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't see a problem on this play with either Cox or Martin. Chop blocking is a dirty tactic, but every offensive lineman in the NFL does it, and extracuriculars like this go on in the pile every Sunday.

Martin made a technically-correct call to chop Cox and cut off his pursuit, Cox freaked out when he felt a guy dive into his legs, and he threw a blind punch at the first guy he saw on the ground. It doesn't make him a dirty player, it makes him a guy who wants to protect his $100 million dollar knees.

You said it wasnt much of a punch. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. I think that was the point, wether its slowed down or not. Of course its not a huge controversy, its just another example of philly being philly. Hell with that team.

Having a 320 pound man blindside you with a dive into your knees is also a cheap shot.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Shifting goalposts never kept an argument on a straight path.

Whether conscious or instinctive, any sucker punch is malicious. Someone decides and then punches you dead in the mouth, they tell you 'My bad my brother', and you respond with 'It's okay I know you didn't mean it'.

Perhaps you meant to say the hit did not look that vicious? It was not. Whatever. This was old before I logged back on. You may have the final word if you so choose. :)

Wasn't a big deal. That's it.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The power behind the swing determines if it was malicious or not? He's just trying to love tap him when he throw the punch, cuz they are Bros and wrestling?

He may not have hulk smashed Martin but a swing is a swing.
Go punch someone at work, without full force, then tell them you didn't put your all in the swing, let me know how that turns out.

Btw Martin didn't surprise him or jump out and scare him, it wasn't a reaction swing, it was a cheap shot in a scrummage he didn't think anyone would see.

Not a big deal. Did he even get in trouble?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Zack Martin didnt break him in half....so it musta been weak....just like his coach's guarantee and the way his teammates backed him up.
weak.
That he walked away from it he should consider himself lucky.
Zack Martin showed ALOT of grace.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
LOL....he's a team captain

Fletcher Cox with two intentional hits to the Martin's head in the same play. The second may have been him trying to punch Zack Martin in the jaw from that angle. He should be suspended immediately.

Can't stand dirty players with malicious intent.

We don't need dirty players in this league. Players like Vontaze Berfict should be kicked out of the league permanently. I mean if the NFL is advertising player concussions etc. Then stand by what you say.

Here is a small sample size of what Berfict does. He should never be allowed to garnish an NFL uniform again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fletcher Cox with two intentional hits to the Martin's head in the same play. The second may have been him trying to punch Zack Martin in the jaw from that angle. He should be suspended immediately.

We don't need dirty players in this league. Players like Vontaze Berfict should be kicked out of the league permanently. I mean if the NFL is advertising player concussions etc. Then stand by what you say.

Here is a small sample size of what Berfict does. He should never be allowed to garnish an NFL uniform again.

He seems like a waste of human flesh.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

He's awesome. Old school.