Foles is not taking Eagles offer. What if

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you want completion why would you get Foles?

...because he's legitimate competition? Pretending Foles is on the level of some bum player is ridiculous. Foles can win you games, clearly. Foles has started in this league. He helped win a Super Bowl. His resume is there, and he's not THAT old.

Who would you bring in for competition? Go ahead, rattle off that list of QBs.

You're against Foles because he was with the Eagles and you're a homer. I really don't give two craps about that - if Prescott is going to be here "long term", I want to see how he handles having someone behind him that can challenge him. That red head scrub and some small school dude is not going to do that for Prescott.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anyone against getting competition behind Prescott shouldn't be discussing this.

We should be wanting to get the best we can out of Prescott - having two scrubs behind him does nothing for job security.

I'm all for adding competition. Someone suggesting gutting the team of prime assets just to add competition, both draft compensation and CAP space, should delete their account immediately.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if we could get him?

Perhaps a pipe dream.
Two things stand in the way. Eagles would not trade the QB to another NFC east team.
And the Eagles can still put the franchise tag on him.

But blimey!
I still wonder if pipe dreams could happen.
Hollah

Maybe a crack pipe dream. The Cowboys aren't going to pay what it would take, nor should they. Foles career is much too spotty to spend that kind of money on. and it isn't even clear that he would be a dramatic upgrade anyway.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...because he's legitimate competition? Pretending Foles is on the level of some bum player is ridiculous. Foles can win you games, clearly. Foles has started in this league. He helped win a Super Bowl. His resume is there, and he's not THAT old.

You're against Foles because he was with the Eagles and you're a homer. I really don't give two craps about that - if Prescott is going to be here "long term", I want to see how he handles having someone behind him that can challenge him. That red head scrub and some small school dude is not going to do that for Prescott.

You don't spend the kind of money it would take to sign Foles for training camp competition, you spend that money to have a definitive starter.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You don’t waste resources on completion. You have holes in your starting lineup.

Stating that depth isn't needed is why we haven't won a Super Bowl in years. With depth comes competition.

Heck, just the simple fact that we don't have at least a decent backup to Prescott in case he gets injured is a big mistake.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You don't spend the kind of money it would take to sign Foles for training camp competition, you spend that money to have a definitive starter.

I think Foles will get franchise QB money, which I mentioned in my post. However, I'm guessing the initial post is more about giving him backup QB money. If that was the case, I have no idea why anyone would be against this - just for injury security, it would be worth it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Because you don't spend draft picks and pay $20+ million/yr for a guy to be competition. That's a waste of resources and money unless he was brought in to be the starter and not just competition for the position. The Eagles are not trading him to the NFC East, unless someone is willing to significantly overpay other offers. Foles would not want to play under Jerry, after he felt slighted by Jerry in the past.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stating that depth isn't needed is why we haven't won a Super Bowl in years. With depth comes competition.

Heck, just the simple fact that we don't have at least a decent backup to Prescott in case he gets injured is a big mistake.

Backup QB isn't a big issue unless we get in a big game and the backup has to come in and win it for us.

Having an awful season wouldn't be the worst thing for this franchise if Dak went down. The next couple of drafts will have some nice QB's that will be an upgrade over Prescott.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Eagles did it right.

They signed Foles to a 2yr- $11M contract to back up their young QB. We need to find that Nick Foles for us. Not this Nick Foles.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Backup QB isn't a big issue unless we get in a big game and the backup has to come in and win it for us.

Having an awful season wouldn't be the worst thing for this franchise if Dak went down. The next couple of drafts will have some nice QB's that will be an upgrade over Prescott.

....kinda like the Eagles just a year ago.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I swear some of yall just started watching football last year because Foles was a starter in this league prior to last year and it wasn't good.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Foles will get franchise QB money, which I mentioned in my post. However, I'm guessing the initial post is more about giving him backup QB money. If that was the case, I have no idea why anyone would be against this - just for injury security, it would be worth it.

If we could get him for backup money, I would be happy to have him. Obviously he isn't turning down $20 million this season to seek backup money though.