Football Movie Time!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's that time of year for football movies and this year, just in case, I am getting them all in under the wire.

Got mine racked according to high school, college and pros and will begin with Friday Night Lights tonight, followed by Varsity Blues and saving my favorite high school one, Remember the Titans, for the finale of the high school run.

So, what's your favorite football movie?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
It's that time of year for football movies and this year, just in case, I am getting them all in under the wire.

Got mine racked according to high school, college and pros and will begin with Friday Night Lights tonight, followed by Varsity Blues and saving my favorite high school one, Remember the Titans, for the finale of the high school run.

So, what's your favorite football movie?
All good stuff mentioned but I'm gonna have to go with The Longest Yard.

cowboyec

Reaction score
high school:All The Right Moves
college:The Program
pros:North Dallas Forty

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
I could only watch "We Are Marshall" one time--too heartbreaking. But, it's a powerful story and I'm glad they made it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Necessary Roughness with Kathy Ireland kicking field goals

The Program is good too but damn depressing also (alcoholism, rape, steroids, Mack career ender) Got me crying over here :laugh:
The Program was good. Halle Berry and Omar Epps are both excellent actors.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The Program was good. Halle Berry and Omar Epps are both excellent actors.
Very true, and were both young at that time too. Kind of surprised Epps didn't blow up more. He's still good in most I see him in outside of this Netflix horror movie with him and Nia Long (was so bad....)

You're right regarding The Program. Was a good drama, not just a good football movie.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Very true, and were both young at that time too. Kind of surprised Epps didn't blow up more. He's still good in most I see him in outside of this Netflix horror movie with him and Nia Long (was so bad....)

You're right regarding The Program. Was a good drama, not just a good football movie.
my favorite scene was when the 2 running backs meet each other for the 1st time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
my favorite scene was when the 2 running backs meet each other for the 1st time.
I forget the names, but you mean when Epps introduced himself as "(name here); tailback.", then the other guy answered, "(name here); starting tailback."?

cowboyec

Reaction score
the longest yard(original)
semi-tough
number one
the replacements
the last boy scout
what price victory
remember the titans
gus
rudy
trouble along the way