Football uni website

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3971609 said:
Here's a similar site.

http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/index.htm

You click on the decade then a year to the left and then if you click on Dallas it gives you a larger shot.

Nice site bb.

Unfortunately, that site's been defunct for years and is riddled with Dallas mistakes. I guess the new site picks up where they left off.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3971618 said:
Unfortunately, that site's been defunct for years and is riddled with Dallas mistakes. I guess the new site picks up where they left off.
You should do a site that is correct. I am dead serious too.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3971701 said:
You should do a site that is correct. I am dead serious too.

Nah. All I'd be able to do is post photos. The new site just needs to tweak a few things and they'll be fine. They have a forum where users can submit suggestions/corrections, so that's the route I'll take.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3971720 said:
Nah. All I'd be able to do is post photos. The new site just needs to tweak a few things and they'll be fine. They have a forum where users can submit suggestions/corrections, so that's the route I'll take.
Photos as evidence would be great though.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3971724 said:
Photos as evidence would be great though.

That's what I plan to do, although photos too can be deceiving due to issues like sunlight, overexposure, etc. I waste way too much time on this crap.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3971748 said:
That's what I plan to do, although photos too can be deceiving due to issues like sunlight, overexposure, etc. I waste way too much time on this crap.
Not in my opinion. You talk unis, I listen. Every time, over anyone. To me, that is never a waste.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
How come we never wear the WHITE Thanksgiving jersey? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a picture of us wearing the white with blue shoulders. Hmm. Digging I shall begin. If anyone has a photo, it'd be MUCH appreciated.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Nevermind, I had this in my photobucket...durp.

http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/flat_meredith_don_01.jpg

We should bust these out on Thanksgiving.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rynie;3971915 said:
Nevermind, I had this in my photobucket...durp.

http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/flat_meredith_don_01.jpg

We should bust these out on Thanksgiving.

When we were scheduled to play the "Dallas Texans" in Kansas City as part of the AFL celebration, I was hoping that because the home team would be in red that we would be wearing the other jerseys for the first time since 1962.

I was wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rynie;3971904 said:
How come we never wear the WHITE Thanksgiving jersey? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a picture of us wearing the white with blue shoulders. Hmm. Digging I shall begin. If anyone has a photo, it'd be MUCH appreciated.
One reason why it has not happened is that in 1964 the NFL allowed teams to choose dark or white jerseys for home. Tex Schramm, the greatest football genius of our times, determined that Dallas would wear white at home. But prior to 1964 we wore dark at home. So the Thanksgiving games with the 1960-1963 uniforms would put us in blue. To play in the white throwbacks we need a road game.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3972422 said:
One reason why it has not happened is that in 1964 the NFL allowed teams to choose dark or white jerseys for home. Tex Schramm, the greatest football genius of our times, determined that Dallas would wear white at home. But prior to 1964 we wore dark at home. So the Thanksgiving games with the 1960-1963 uniforms would put us in blue. To play in the white throwbacks we need a road game.

I see, makes sense.

...and the KC game. I thought it was weird BOTH teams wore dark.

CoCo

Reaction score
bbgun;3971591 said:
I've been going over their Dallas graphics for the last hour or so. A few screwups here and there, but a nice job overall.

http://nfluniforms.blogspot.com/

Very much appreciate the link. I have never come close to recalling the uni transitions and this site helps a lot.

I thought there was talk last year that the green pants were going away. More grey/silver would be cool with me.

That aside, we've had some really nice possibilities to work with over the years between the white, grey/silver & shades of blue. The current aways are some of my favorites. Never cared for the dark blues with the double bar sleeves. Neither imaginative nor traditional IMO.