For all the criticism Dak Prescott gets

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont remember that too much tbh
Rewatch the 1st half, starting off with a called illegal substitution (Brice Butler) in the huddle bad call which negated what should have been a 1st down inside the Packers redzone due to a deep pass and catch by T-Will. Then later an obvious hold on Witten inside the Packers redzone on a deep pass on 3rd down that was never flagged. Those are 2 redzone opportunities in the 1st half that the officials screwed up against the Cowboys and kept points off the board. Even if the Cowboys don't score TDs but instead just convert FGs, those 6 points at a minimum wins them the game overall when it comes to the final score, thus the Cowboys would have made it to the NFC Conference Championship game.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Rewatch the 1st half, starting off with a called illegal substitution/too many men in the huddle bad call which negated what should have been a 1st down inside the Packers redzone due to a deep pass and catch by T-Will. Then later an obvious hold on Witten inside the Packers redzone on a deep pass on 3rd down that was never flagged. Those are 2 redzone opportunities in the 1st half that the officials screwed up against the Cowboys and kept points off the board. Even if the Cowboys don't score TDs but instead just convert FGs, those 6 points at a minimum wins them the game overall when it comes to the final score, thus the Cowboys would have made it to the NFC Conference Championship game

Agree completely. And had Butler been a better receiver he makes that catch on 2nd and 20. Get that ball, don't wait for it to come to you. That's the difference between Butler and good WRs. A top end WR reaches out and grabs that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Rewatch the 1st half, starting off with a called illegal substitution (Brice Butler) in the huddle bad call which negated what should have been a 1st down inside the Packers redzone due to a deep pass and catch by T-Will. Then later an obvious hold on Witten inside the Packers redzone on a deep pass on 3rd down that was never flagged. Those are 2 redzone opportunities in the 1st half that the officials screwed up against the Cowboys and kept points off the board. Even if the Cowboys don't score TDs but instead just convert FGs, those 6 points at a minimum wins them the game overall when it comes to the final score, thus the Cowboys would have made it to the NFC Conference Championship game.

I do remember the butler one that was bs. Otherwise I think I'm not going fault the refs for the game more than our team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I do remember the butler one that was bs. Otherwise I think I'm not going fault the refs for the game more than our team.
I could name more instances where the officials clearly were in the tank for the Packers, but it won't make a difference to those with minds made up like yourself.

Let me ask you, did you think Dez actually caught the ball way back during the 2014 playoffs loss at the Packers?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I could name more instances where the officials clearly were in the tank for the Packers, but it won't make a difference to those with minds made up like yourself.

Let me ask you, did you think Dez actually caught the ball way back during the 2014 playoffs loss at the Packers?

he caught it but Dallas wouldve still lost the game tbh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
he caught it but Dallas wouldve still lost the game tbh
Really? If the officials had called the Dez catch correctly, as they admitted last year they were wrong, the Cowboys would have scored a TD and taken the lead. You still think they would have lost? I don't. It was clear in 2014 as it was in 2016 the officials favored Green Bay and called bad calls against the Cowboys, which greatly contributed to those playoff losses. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to say.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak led the team to a 2nd NFC East crown in 3 years, a playoff hosted win and 2-deep into the playoffs. If you call that "fail", you need to critique a different player and follow another team.
2 deep into play off, and your happy after 3 years starting with a lot of high end players around him, sorry forgot everyone else's fault they lost that 2nd game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2 deep into play off, and your happy after 3 years starting with a lot of high end players around him, sorry forgot everyone else's fault they lost that 2nd game.
High end players? Back to making up facts?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really? If the officials had called the Dez catch correctly, as they admitted last year they were wrong, the Cowboys would have scored a TD and taken the lead. You still think they would have lost? I don't. It was clear in 2014 as it was in 2016 the officials favored Green Bay and called bad calls against the Cowboys, which greatly contributed to those playoff losses. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to say.
There was still 4 minutes left in the game. Our defense hadn’t shown the ability to slow Rodgers and the Packers offense in the 2nd half.

While a TD there taking the lead would have provided us momentum it’s highly likely the scoring in that game doesn’t conclude with that possession.

And based on the current rules the play was over turned. IMO if Dez hadn’t attempted to extend the ball and just come down with it we would have had 1st and goal, could have ran the clock down before scoring and placed ourselves in a better position to win.

Whether we believe it was a catch or not isn’t relative. And a Conspiracy against the Cowboys is typical fan paranoia that’s unsubstantiated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was the toughest loss in Cowboys history this Century. Brutal and heartbreaking loss. That was IMO our best overall team this era. We could argue 2007 but Romo was much more seasoned by 2014 with a strong running game, enough receivers , strong OL and average defense. That was definitely a championship caliber offense.

2016 was more unexpected success with our Rookie sensations. And that defense was below average. No doubt our best offense in Dak era. If we’d of had a defense like last year it might have been enough to slow Rodgers. But we had an opportunity on our last drive to score a TD instead of a FG which could have changed the outcome as well. Our defense just can’t give it up on 3rd and 20 though.

A miraculous play by HOFamer. That loss wasn’t as heartbreaking though as the 2014 game to me based on my expectations. I didn’t see us winning in 2016 where I did in 2014. But that’s just me. Both were tough losses.