For OTAs, your favorite S is still starting

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They both played for a year. Church was finished halfway through his 2nd year. On a 4 year deal. If they wouldn't lose that guarantee money he prolly woulda been cut earlier. And bumdrick was a fill in for the chiefs.

Again, you said they were jobless immediately after leaving, so nothing you have said changes the fact that was in accurate.

Church started 27 straight games for the Jags immediately upon leaving Dallas, including 11 last year (more than halfway).

As for Scandrick, he played in 15 games last year, starting 7. He played a similar role for the Cowboys for a number of seasons.

And, being a free agent now does not mean they will be jobless when the 2019 season starts. There are a lot of free agents that will still get jobs.

Techsass

Reaction score
Again, you said they were jobless immediately after leaving, so nothing you have said changes the fact that was in accurate.

Church started 27 straight games for the Jags immediately upon leaving Dallas, including 11 last year (more than halfway).

As for Scandrick, he played in 15 games last year, starting 7. He played a similar role for the Cowboys for a number of seasons.

And, being a free agent now does not mean they will be jobless when the 2019 season starts. There are a lot of free agents that will still get jobs.
I totally agree with you, but I don't think we really missed having either one of them on the team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree with you, but I don't think we really missed having either one of them on the team.
No, not major losses, especially at CB where we did a good job drafting replacements. But they have both been solid NFL players, so it doesn’t make sense to suggest otherwise.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, not major losses, especially at CB where we did a good job drafting replacements. But they have both been solid NFL players, so it doesn’t make sense to suggest otherwise.
Jags. Should have never been starters.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jags. Should have never been starters.
Yeah, Jags ... you know, the team with the #2 defense in the NFL in 2017 and #4 defense in the NFL in 2018 .... you know, the defense that included Church as a starting safety every game in 2017 and 11 games in 2018 ... those Jags.

Damn those facts, right? Lol

Oh, and STILL none of this changes the fact your claim about Church and Scandrick being unemployed after the Cowboys was a falsehood.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, Jags ... you know, the team with the #2 defense in the NFL in 2017 and #4 defense in the NFL in 2018 .... you know, the defense that included Church as a starting safety every game in 2017 and 11 games in 2018 ... those Jags.

Damn those facts, right? Lol

Oh, and STILL none of this changes the fact your claim about Church and Scandrick being unemployed after the Cowboys was a falsehood.
I knew they were employed but not at the capacity you would think. Church got lucky they were dumb enough to sign him to a 4 year deal. And scandrick performed in spot duty that had udfa's starting over him. 2 guys that you and other jag lovers I'm sure pounded the table for everytime someone like myself said they sucked and we need to get better players. The same now about heath and ty craw. I'm not a female i'm not gonna squander over small details to say "I was Right!!" like my wife would. I'll leave that to you.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yes, we have to remember he had Richard Sherman, et al, good players can make a coach look better than he is, and vice versa of course.

He's had time with the team, the secondary will bear watching this year...
Well you can hold my feet to fire but I'm not a fan of Richard in the least. But still like him better than bum bum marinelli

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew they were employed but not at the capacity you would think. Church got lucky they were dumb enough to sign him to a 4 year deal. And scandrick performed in spot duty that had udfa's starting over him. 2 guys that you and other jag lovers I'm sure pounded the table for everytime someone like myself said they sucked and we need to get better players. The same now about heath and ty craw. I'm not a female i'm not gonna squander over small details to say "I was Right!!" like my wife would. I'll leave that to you.

Okay, so finally we get down to you falsely stated they were unemployed ..

And actually you fought tooth and nail to claim you were right for a number of posts by trying to come up with arguments to justify your false claim. And you still are with this post.

As for them not being employed in a capacity one would think, Church was a starter for 27 straight games, just as he had been a starter in Dallas, and Scandrick was an every game contributor and sometimes starter, just as he had been in Dallas the first 5 years of his career.

And, of course, both are in their 30’s, so it’s not exactly a surprise that they may start slowing a bit. Apparently the Cowboys considered that and decided to move on and get younger players with cheaper contracts, which is exactly what a team should do.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Okay, so finally we get down to you falsely stated they were unemployed ..

And actually you fought tooth and nail to claim you were right for a number of posts by trying to come up with arguments to justify your false claim. And you still are with this post.

As for them not being employed in a capacity one would think, Church was a starter for 27 straight games, just as he had been a starter in Dallas, and Scandrick was an every game contributor and sometimes starter, just as he had been in Dallas the first 5 years of his career.

And, of course, both are in their 30’s, so it’s not exactly a surprise that they may start slowing a bit. Apparently the Cowboys considered that and decided to move on and get younger players with cheaper contracts, which is exactly what a team should do.
church just turned 29 when he signed with the jags. like I said 2 bums. Heath and ty craw are next. lets see how long they last when they get blown out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
church just turned 29 when he signed with the jags. like I said 2 bums. Heath and ty craw are next. lets see how long they last when they get blown out.
And he started every game with the Jags that year. You keep acting as if he had some lesser role like an afterthought when he left Dallas, and you didn’t even come to that false conclusion until being called out on your initial false conclusion that he didn’t even get a job after leaving Dallas. Dallas likely just wanted to go younger and cheaper. They didn’t think he was washed up, and neither did the Jags. You seem to be the only one who thought he was washed up and didn’t realize he continued playing after Dallas.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And he started every game with the Jags that year. You keep acting as if he had some lesser role like an afterthought when he left Dallas, and you didn’t even come to that false conclusion until being called out on your initial false conclusion that he didn’t even get a job after leaving Dallas. Dallas likely just wanted to go younger and cheaper. They didn’t think he was washed up, and neither did the Jags. You seem to be the only one who thought he was washed up and didn’t realize he continued playing after Dallas.
I knew he played after he left. and he was just as sorry. as soon as the jags could bail on that contract they did.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew he played after he left. and he was just as sorry. as soon as the jags could bail on that contract they did.

So, you knowingly made a false statement to make an invalid point ….

And obviously the Jags disagreed because he started every game on one of the top defenses in the NFL that year.

Sydla

Reaction score
BtB predicting Wilson will end up being the starter by season's end at SS. Said he showed pretty good ball hawking skills in OTAs and when they put on the pads and hit, which is his strength, he'll really shine.

We can only hope.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
According to some reports, Heath was the starting SS with Iloka backing him up.

Now it's OTAs, so it might only be a familiarity thing with Heath running with the 1s while Iloka and some of the young guys get up to speed.

But my god, if Jeff Heath is our opening day starting SS. These guys just can't "quit" mediocre players when they became coaches' pet cats.
#BumSauce