For the DJ Moore fan club

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I just don't see it. 2 biggest teams he played against and he didn't show anything. Most of his catches where gimmick plays and a lot of stuff inside ten yards. His combine numbers are impressive but they are just combine numbers. A lot of guys play faster with the pads on and some play slower. I don't see what all the hype is about with this guy.

Aven8

Reaction score
Because he had a big game against UT?? Lol

Him and the other 11 WR's they played against throughout the year!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guess a couple of guys on a message board should really be working in an NFL front office.

rkell87

Reaction score
Because the offense goes as he goes. Few WRs are consistently the difference in his team winning or losing, DJ Moore is one of those receivers. Even in that Michigan game he had 8 catches, he also had 8 against (national champion) UCF, Michigan st, and Penn st.

It's ok though I'm sure you missed the same thing with Stefon Diggs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just don't see it. 2 biggest teams he played against and he didn't show anything. Most of his catches where gimmick plays and a lot of stuff inside ten yards. His combine numbers are impressive but they are just combine numbers. A lot of guys play faster with the pads on and some play slower. I don't see what all the hype is about with this guy.

I don’t see it either man. I’m just chalking it up to me missing something.

I have St. Brown #1 and some people don’t even have him top 10.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No knock intended here to DJ Moore but most college highlight tapes are extremely overrated because most of the people they are playing against will never sniff an NFL training camp.

I’m always amazed at the highlights for any college player that some fans get drunk on. In some of those college highlights, the prospect is playing against some small school like “Our Lady of Misfortune” and looks like a HOFer against that level of talent. Buyer beware.

DJ Moore is a very solid day 2 player IMO. Like early 2nd rounder. If he fell to us in round 2...maybe.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I don’t see it either man. I’m just chalking it up to me missing something.

I have St. Brown #1 and some people don’t even have him top 10.
Not a hater on Brown but I got someone else as my number one and Im drawing it up now.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I watched every dj moore video I could find today for the first time and I don't see it either. If we draft him at 19 we are in worse shape than I thought.

I've been sure we would continue with the defensive rebuild but now I think this they are going to try and get Dak some weapons he can use. I am 90% sure we're going WR in the 1st round.

I don't like it but I think that is what will happen.

I also guaranteed last year we would never draft Taco Charlton in the first round. So what the **** do I know.

I'm off to watch ridley tape now

jday

Reaction score

Funny you should mention it...I was watching a scout breakdown and when they were describing his deficiencies it sounded like they were describing Dez. Limited route tree, doesn't get separation, more of a guy you have to manufacture space for and let him create.

I don't think that is what the Cowboys are looking for any more. Could be wrong...

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Funny you should mention it...I was watching a scout breakdown and when they were describing his deficiencies it sounded like they were describing Dez. Limited route tree, doesn't get separation, more of a guy you have to manufacture space for and let him create.

I don't think that is what the Cowboys are looking for any more. Could be wrong...
Most of his stuff was designed screens and slants and he couldn't even run those right.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The thing is, none of us fans know jack squat about these prospects. How can we? We don’t watch hours and hours of film. We don’t see them in person at the combine, or NFL pro day, or 30 player visit. We don’t sit down one on one and interview them. So anyone claiming that we just HAVE to draft this player or must NOT draft that player is just talking out their ***. And that includes all the sports show talking heads.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I watched every dj moore video I could find today for the first time and I don't see it either. If we draft him at 19 we are in worse shape than I thought.

I've been sure we would continue with the defensive rebuild but now I think this they are going to try and get Dak some weapons he can use. I am 90% sure we're going WR in the 1st round.

I don't like it but I think that is what will happen.

I also guaranteed last year we would never draft Taco Charlton in the first round. So what the **** do I know.

I'm off to watch ridley tape now

He’s good when he makes the catch but I just can’t see the Cowboys simply putting the ball in his hands.

Chark is a great fit IMO.. Just run the crappy offense we run and it will actually play into Charks strengths.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The thing is, none of us fans know jack squat about these prospects. How can we? We don’t watch hours and hours of film. We don’t see them in person at the combine, or NFL pro day, or 30 player visit. We don’t sit down one on one and interview them. So anyone claiming that we just HAVE to draft this player or must NOT draft that player is just talking out their ***. And that includes all the sports show talking heads.

You’re wrong..

NFL teams do get more information but some of them still suck at evaluating.

These NFL coaches and GMs do dumb stuff all of the time.

The Eagles coach was like a high school coach not long ago and he beat Bill Belichick with a backup QB.

They are human and not some all knowing football minds. They screw up a ton.

YouTube full game clips have gave the fans a ton of information that allows them to make educated evaluations. Especially if you know what to look for.

If we on this forum don’t have a consensus about Moore I promise you neither do NFL teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I like him ok, but I've been saying for a month now that some of our CowboyZone brethren are a bit too enthused.

I think Ridley is clearly better and that guys like Sutton and maybe Chark have more upside.

Dont want any of these except maybe Ridley at 19.
The rest, later

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Watch Moore's feet when he's trying to release. Those damn things are like a machine gun, and he can just instantly explode whenever he decides to break.

That's how he is going to win in the pros. It's not the cheesy pick-and-slant offense, it's not the YAC on manufactured plays, it's not that the Combine times, and it certainly isn't the bums throwing him the ball. Look at the traits that will translate to the NFL. Those feet are going to get him open.