For the DJ Moore fan club

cnuball21

Reaction score
The only way I can accept us taking a WR in the 1st round is if we trade down.

I'd be ok with Ridley as he's the best in the class and is the most NFL ready...he'd likely come in and be the best WR on the team day 1.

Even if he's available though WR isn't my top choice at 19 due to the depth of the position in this draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Unlike rookie RBs, rookie WRs rarely put up big numbers.
It's a much harder position transition

There are very rare exceptions (Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin) but even Hall of Fame WRs often put up WR2 or WR3 numbers in year 1.
Just an fyi.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Unlike rookie RBs, rookie WRs rarely put up big numbers.
It's a much harder position transition

There are very rare exceptions (Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin) but even Hall of Fame WRs often put up WR2 or WR3 numbers in year 1.
Just an fyi.

I think Ridley will because he's one of the best route runners coming out I can remember from a pro style offense.

Not saying he'll light the world on fire in year 1, but I think he could easily come in and lead our teams in catches and yards.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Ridley will because he's one of the best route runners coming out I can remember from a pro style offense.

Not saying he'll light the world on fire in year 1, but I think he could easily come in and lead our teams in catches and yards.
Id say 45/750/6

Who knows, maybe that would lead us...but its average WR2 numbers
Btw, those rookie numbers would be better than several HOFers, so it may be optiistic

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Just say no to a wideout at 19. NONE of them are worth it.

WhizKid

Reaction score
My top 5 (based on potential)
Calvin Ridley (only one worth 19)
Antonio Callaway
Eq. St. Brown
Michael Gallup
DJ Moore

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Those feet didn't do him any favors in college.

I get that you cherry picked his worst two statistical games last season but he had over 1000 yards and 8 TDs with some godawful QB and oline play backing him up.

This notion that his quickness didn't serve him is ignorant.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get that you cherry picked his worst two statistical games last season but he had over 1000 yards and 8 TDs with some godawful QB and oline play backing him up.

This notion that his quickness didn't serve him is ignorant.
College stats are almost meaningless when evaluating most players, esp WR's. A skillset evaluation is much more useful.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
College stats are almost meaningless when evaluating most players, esp WR's. A skillset evaluation is much more useful.

No production is not meaningless. They are not the end all be all but the best prospects have the production, athletic traits, and skills.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Id say 45/750/6

Who knows, maybe that would lead us...but its average WR2 numbers
Btw, those rookie numbers would be better than several HOFers, so it may be optiistic

Those numbers would be exceptional for a rookie WR...

RoboQB

Reaction score
Sorry, I've already joined the Will Hernandez and Anthony Miller Fan Clubs.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
My gut says the team would go Sutton if they're both available.

I'd be pissed with either.

I think we can find a wr later but imo Moore is the best WR coming out by a large margin and Miller is #2 but because of age he has dropped.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Moore is a shorter faster version of Dez Bryant. He is a great athlete but will he develop into a good receiver.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
:omg:
Go bold or don't go at all!:laugh:

The only thing Ridley has on Moore is route running.
Moore is the better athlete, more physical player, a bigger threat from anywhere on the field, fights for contested balls, and has potential to play all 3 WR positions.

Ridley is a great route runner who will start outside but lack of strength and physicality might be a slot WR long term.