For the DJ Moore fan club

DFWJC

Reaction score
The only thing Ridley has on Moore is route running.
Moore is the better athlete, more physical player, a bigger threat from anywhere on the field, fights for contested balls, and has potential to play all 3 WR positions.

Ridley is a great route runner who will start outside but lack of strength and physicality might be a slot WR long term.
I like them both, but we'll see.
I think Ridely is more dynamic than Moore--more explosive on the front and back end,,imo,,,, but Moore is the more physical runner.
To exaggerate; Ridley is Antonio Brown or Marvin Harrison like. Moore is Donald Driver
:muttley:
But I'm not going to beat the subject to a pulp.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying, I am 100% against a wideout at #19. That said, Moore runs crisp, precise routes, has tremendous hands and ability to separate, is a burner and can play all 3 WR positions.

He's a better athlete than Ridley and an equal route runner. He's a better athlete and route runner than Sutton. He's bigger and more explosive than Kirk. All of those are why people are on his jock and why he could be the first receiver taken.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying, I am 100% against a wideout at #19. That said, Moore runs crisp, precise routes, has tremendous hands and ability to separate, is a burner and can play all 3 WR positions.

He's a better athlete than Ridley and an equal route runner. He's a better athlete and route runner than Sutton. He's bigger and more explosive than Kirk. All of those are why people are on his jock and why he could be the first receiver taken.
Moore does NOT run crisp,clean routes and is not a burner. He timed better than expected because he does not play as fast as he timed. People assumed he was 4.5+.
No WAY he is as explosive as Kirk in real football.
He IS a dynamic runner though.
I cant believe you think he's Ridley's equal at route-running
Come on. Ridely is truly outstanding in that area.

He is a very good player...I actually like him...but I disagree with this assessment.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Moore does NOT run crisp,clean routes and is not a burner. He timed better than expected because he does not play as fast as he timed. People assumed he was 4.5+.
No WAY he is as explosive as Kirk in real football.
He IS a dynamic runner though.
I cant believe you think he's Ridley's equal at route-running
Come on. Ridely is truly outstanding in that area.

He is a very good player...I actually like him...but I disagree with this assessment.

Ridley is as overrated a WR prospect as I can remember. He's a career #2. Moore has "it". To each their own. I honestly don't want either, but Moore over Ridley all day.

Gaede

Reaction score

I've never been a big fan but I think you just convinced me. I think you're wrong on the route thing though

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've never been a big fan but I think you just convinced me. I think you're wrong on the route thing though

I could be. Its happened a few times. Evaluating WRs isn't really my thing, I'm much better with DB's.

Plankton

Reaction score
Consider me not a fan of this WR group as a whole. Ridley is good, but I think his ceiling is a #2. I like Moore’s physical ability, but am not a fan of his route running. I think Sutton has huge bust potential. In the first, I wouldn’t take any of them, especially with the needs at LB, DT and S.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I just don't see it. 2 biggest teams he played against and he didn't show anything. Most of his catches where gimmick plays and a lot of stuff inside ten yards. His combine numbers are impressive but they are just combine numbers. A lot of guys play faster with the pads on and some play slower. I don't see what all the hype is about with this guy.

DJ Moore has never had a good QB and this past season he had 4 QB's which none of them are good. If it was all about numbers OBJ would have been a 2nd day pick and his lack of big numbers was also because of poor QB play.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Consider me not a fan of this WR group as a whole. Ridley is good, but I think his ceiling is a #2. I like Moore’s physical ability, but am not a fan of his route running. I think Sutton has huge bust potential. In the first, I wouldn’t take any of them, especially with the needs at LB, DT and S.
I'm really a big fan of DJ Moore. Has the ability to play in or outside. Route running is not on the level of Ridley but IMO he was playing a lot of school yard football due to the lack of talent at the QB. "If" teams have done their due diligence during official visits...specifically the Cowboys....I would imagine they have discovered his potential as a route runner.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I'm really a big fan of DJ Moore. Has the ability to play in or outside. Route running is not on the level of Ridley but IMO he was playing a lot of school yard football due to the lack of talent at the QB. "If" teams have done their due diligence during official visits...specifically the Cowboys....I would imagine they have discovered his potential as a route runner.

He has also had 3 less years to refine his craft he is 21 years old vs Ridley who is 24.

People say DJ Moore tested better then he ran which might be slightly true, but I didn't see him have trouble running away from people with the ball in his hand. People talk about the separation Ridley gets on his routes and there's no question he is a better route runner but he also had every defense not terrified of Hurts arm but the running game so if you watch teams were focused more on the running game then being glued to the receivers. Moore was one of their only playmakers and bad QB and he still found a way to get open.

Moore with the ball in his hands is a dynamic YAC player and that shouldn't change in the NFL. Ridley is an arm tackle player who is going to go down within 5 yards of the reception more times than not. When it comes to hands I think Moore has the better hands he really goes up and snatches the ball like a basketball player in the paint and he is able to go up and get the ball where I haven't seen Ridley be able to do.

I'm not the biggest fan of going WR in the first but Ridley might have the better Rookie year, but Moore IMO is going to have a better career. With that being said if we are going WR in the 1st I'm going for Moore and to me, the margin isn't close.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ridley is as overrated a WR prospect as I can remember. He's a career #2. Moore has "it". To each their own. I honestly don't want either, but Moore over Ridley all day.
Im sure you can remember more overrated prospects if Ridley ends up being a career 2.
Hes only project to go in the mid to late 1st round....not top 10.
You could probably think of 50 more overrated without even breaking a sweat.
Lets start with Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith and go from there:laugh:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He has also had 3 less years to refine his craft he is 21 years old vs Ridley who is 24.

People say DJ Moore tested better then he ran which might be slightly true, but I didn't see him have trouble running away from people with the ball in his hand. People talk about the separation Ridley gets on his routes and there's no question he is a better route runner but he also had every defense not terrified of Hurts arm but the running game so if you watch teams were focused more on the running game then being glued to the receivers. Moore was one of their only playmakers and bad QB and he still found a way to get open.

Moore with the ball in his hands is a dynamic YAC player and that shouldn't change in the NFL. Ridley is an arm tackle player who is going to go down within 5 yards of the reception more times than not. When it comes to hands I think Moore has the better hands he really goes up and snatches the ball like a basketball player in the paint and he is able to go up and get the ball where I haven't seen Ridley be able to do.

I'm not the biggest fan of going WR in the first but Ridley might have the better Rookie year, but Moore IMO is going to have a better career. With that being said if we are going WR in the 1st I'm going for Moore and to me, the margin isn't close.

IMO if we do not go WR in the first there is really no reason to focus on the WR spot in the later rounds unless one falls into our laps. But even if we dont DJ definitely has the most star potential in the WR class. It really looks like he and Ridley could be available when draft at 19 and if we go WR in the first I would definitely prefer DJ

cnuball21

Reaction score

I agree with this for the most part with the exception of Moore having the better career. I think the only thing Moore has on Ridley is strength/power which like you said will help him a little more in creating YAC and breaking tackles.

Ridley is just so advanced in his routes and looks to have better game speed than Moore so I can't buy into Moore being a better prospect.

I'd be shocked if Moore is taken over Ridley by any team.

cnuball21

Reaction score
IMO if we do not go WR in the first there is really no reason to focus on the WR spot in the later rounds unless one falls into our laps. But even if we dont DJ definitely has the most star potential in the WR class. It really looks like he and Ridley could be available when draft at 19 and if we go WR in the first I would definitely prefer DJ

Why would you not want to go WR after the 1st? This is one of the deepest classes I can remember and think doing that is the BEST time to go WR.

So many quality dudes will be available in rounds 2-4.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Why would you not want to go WR after the 1st? This is one of the deepest classes I can remember and think doing that is the BEST time to go WR.

So many quality dudes will be available in rounds 2-4.

Everyone is saying its a deep class but I personally do not see it. It would come down to do we find WR after the first that is highly probable to be better than what we already have. However, my point was that its not a priority to make it happen unless someone falls to us that is already on our draftboard. No need to reach after the first IMO.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Everyone is saying its a deep class but I personally do not see it. It would come down to do we find WR after the first that is highly probable to be better than what we already have. However, my point was that its not a priority to make it happen unless someone falls to us that is already on our draftboard. No need to reach after the first IMO.

So you don't like any of the prospects at all after Ridley or Moore as viable #2 options?

That blows my mind...this class is loaded with depth.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So you don't like any of the prospects at all after Ridley or Moore as viable #2 options?

That blows my mind...this class is loaded with depth.
I'm with you. The meat of the draft for WRs is after Rd1, unless a bunch get pushed up.

Wayne Staats put out his latest mock today
He has Sutton, Ridley, Washington and Kirk all going in the 1st round. No Moore, by the way.

btcutter

Reaction score

Why do people keep saying that Ridley is going to be a career #2? What is the bases for that?
I don't have a cat in this fight and believe both are good players.

I just remember Ridley as a freshman while Amari Cooper was still on the team and Ridley was the deep threat. Even then I thought that kid is a star. I think he can be the next Marvin Harrison. Silky smooth with sneaky speed.