For the money Dak wants, Cowboys could get just about any QB they want

leeblair

Reaction score
For the kind of money Dak Prescott is wanting, the Cowboys can get just about any quarterback they want- even an established veteran from another team.
Why would a new head coach want to be forced to base his success on a quarterback who choked in front of the entire NFL in 2019?
The Cowboys can make a deal to trade up to the number one overall pick and take Burrows or Lawrence, or they can take Case Keenum in free agency and draft a successor.
They could go after Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, or even Derek Carr. All of these quarterbacks mentioned have more impressive resumes than Dak.
I think Dak can be serviceable, but not great. And the Cowboys can't afford to invest the kind of money he is demanding in him after his poor performance in the last 8 games of 2019.
With a new head coach and personnel changes that will inevitably come with him, the Cowboys would be silly to invest big money into a quarterback who the film shows missed wide open receivers repeatedly with the 2019 season on the line.
The Cowboys can win next season, but they will have to do it with a more consistent quarterback.
Prescott was Garrett's last best hope.
They both showed all of the trademarks of Garrett's tenure in Dallas.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
@leeblair @JohnBoy Maybe we watched different games. I think overall Dak did a great job. Saying he “choked” was just stupid. What a dumb bias assessment.

Dak has heart and throws pretty darn good. I will take him over most quarterbacks. He is young, makes good decisions, good velocity and has the drive to win. Look at his record since he’s been in the league, pretty darn impressive; now throw in the number of yards. The man is great and you can’t even recognize it. He has improved his craft each season thus far.

I want a new coach to come in and clean up the drop passes, develop situational schemes, manage the game clock better and develop a game plan to confuse opposing teams.

Some of these threads are just stupid.

Last edited:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence isnt eligible to come out this year. And Foles got benched for Gardner Minshew. Case Keenum got benched for Dwayne Haskins.

Dak is NOT the problem. If you think the QBs listed above are as good or better than Dak you need to re evaluate.

He’s a top 10 QB. You can only win with guys like Keenum or Tannehill if you have an all star defense or a man child at RB. Dallas currently has none of those.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
For the kind of money Dak Prescott is wanting, the Cowboys can get just about any quarterback they want- even an established veteran from another team.
Why would a new head coach want to be forced to base his success on a quarterback who choked in front of the entire NFL in 2019?
The Cowboys can make a deal to trade up to the number one overall pick and take Burrows or Lawrence, or they can take Case Keenum in free agency and draft a successor.
They could go after Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, or even Derek Carr. All of these quarterbacks mentioned have more impressive resumes than Dak.
I think Dak can be serviceable, but not great. And the Cowboys can't afford to invest the kind of money he is demanding in him after his poor performance in the last 8 games of 2019.
With a new head coach and personnel changes that will inevitably come with him, the Cowboys would be silly to invest big money into a quarterback who the film shows missed wide open receivers repeatedly with the 2019 season on the line.
The Cowboys can win next season, but they will have to do it with a more consistent quarterback.
Prescott was Garrett's last best hope.
They both showed all of the trademarks of Garrett's tenure in Dallas.

This is going to not go well Lee but where is Jdnay, Amari, Pappy or K. will be there for you. Getting ready to get my laugh on because it is going to be like a pack of henias attacking the female lions and waiting for the male lions to arrive.

leeblair

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence isnt eligible to come out this year. And Foles got benched for Gardner Minshew. Case Keenum got benched for Dwayne Haskins.

Dak is NOT the problem. If you think the QBs listed above are as good or better than Dak you need to re evaluate.

He’s a top 10 QB. You can only win with guys like Keenum or Tannehill if you have an all star defense or a man child at RB. Dallas currently has none of those.
Wrong.
Foles missed most of the season after being injured in the first game. So Minshew had built some chemistry with the team, and the Jaguars chose to stick with that.
But Foles is a Super Bowl winning, MVP quarterback.
Case Keenum was benched after Washington fired Gruden so Haskins could be evaluated.
But Keenum led the Vikings to the NFC Championship game.
Dak has done neither.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You have a problem with this assessment. Lawrence is not available until next year if he comes out. The trade up to get Burrows would be more than the Rams did to get Goff (inflation). Dak will be the qb at least next year. After that who knows.

leeblair

Reaction score
This is going to not go well Lee but where is Jdnay, Amari, Pappy or K. will be there for you. Getting ready to get my laugh on because it is going to be like a pack of henias attacking the female lions and waiting for the male lions to arrive.
The 2019 season didn't go well with Dak, either. As a matter of fact, neither of the past three seasons went well with Dak.
So, I think I'll be okay.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is just gonna run the offense and take what is there.

The guy is team dependent. It’s so obvious at this point.

Paying him a trillion dollars and watching the team around him dwindle will be one of the dumbest decisions this franchise could make.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak isn’t the problem as much as a rookie OC and playcaller. Dak improved this year. But they went toooo pass heavy. You are a run first team and the OC got away from that. You put in another QB and they will have growing pains and we will have another bad season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
@leeblair @JohnBoy Maybe we watch different games. I think overall Dak did a great job. Saying he “choked” was just stupid.
Agree. Dallas was fortunate to get him. It's not like drafting QBs was Jerry's #1 priority since he purchased the team. Couldn't stand it when he picked up has beens from other teams. (Cassell, Bledsoe, Johnson)

We had such a drought after Aikman until Romo came along. Out of ALL those quarterbacks in between, Carter was the only one who took them to postseason.
3l8yn7.jpg

catiii

Reaction score
Dak clearly has bad accuracy most times (NOT due to injury!!) but I agree with the posts that say to give him a chance under a real HC!!
BUT........I think it's a HUGE mistake to go long term with him without another year evaluation under the new HC...
But JJ is such a knee-jerk emotional plunger, I wouldn't doubt if he signed him to 5 years before even hiring the new HC..

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Wrong.
Foles missed most of the season after being injured in the first game. So Minshew had built some chemistry with the team, and the Jaguars chose to stick with that.
But Foles is a Super Bowl winning, MVP quarterback.
Case Keenum was benched after Washington fired Gruden so Haskins could be evaluated.
But Keenum led the Vikings to the NFC Championship game.
Dak has done neither.
They brought Foles back after returned from IR and got benched again.

Keenum led the Vikings on the back of that defense. He flamed out last year in Denver and this year in Washington.

leeblair

Reaction score
They brought Foles back after returned from IR and got benched again.

Keenum led the Vikings on the back of that defense. He flamed out last year in Denver and this year in Washington.
Keenum never had a chance in Denver or Washington because they were going through coaching changes.
But his successes are proven.
Foles was also the victim of a franchise in transition.
And his successes are well documented.
Dak had Zeke and an established team loaded with weapons. His failures are glaring.
If it weren't for the contract demands he is making, he could possibly be evaluated for another year. But $32 million is a lot to pay for an unproven quarterback.