Video: For the Zeke fans

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m going to put some respect on Zeke’s name.

Not just because of this video, but if football fans think he’s lost his talent and isn’t a premier RB I am of the opinion that their opinions will be highly challenged this season.

Viable receiving corps. Healthy franchise QB and the o-line is supposed to be healthy with a budding young center and young depth behind the starters.

Zeke is a viable weapon. Believe me, opposing teams have not forgotten about Zeke.

Zeke can tote the rock.. People who don't like him have their own reasons.. not my problem.. and certainly not his. The only critique I would offer from watching the video is that he's too upright and a lot of the cuts come at the expense of loss of momentum. If he's going to become a jitterbug type running back he's going to have to learn to make those cuts at near full speed without so much stop/start action. Frankly I don't want him to change up his running style much at all. The only thing he needs to change is his mentality to start games.. Instead of running to punish defenders and "set the tone" and wear them down over the course of the game he needs to come in looking to take it to the house from the git go. One because Moore doesn't seem to want to let him get enough carries to wear anybody down and two because the line is not as good so if you're only going to get a couple of open field runs per game so when you get one you can't afford to waste it just because you want to truck a DB.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm still a big fan of the "one the field" Zeke.

I think he still has all the tools, albeit not quite as fast now. But I believe he gives max effort, he's one of the best blitz blockers I've ever seen. It's hard to pick up yards when you are met 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage by half a dozen defenders.

I think if our line is intact he will have a big year. But just my opinion.

NotForLong

Reaction score
outside to f the fumbles your expectations behind 3rd string OL is ridiculous. Blocking wasn't putrid hard to stop unblocked DL and blitzing LBs and SSs that had head of steam and the ol didn't lay fingernail on them, same for running behind that mess with no passing threat at QB while hurt, while recovering from covid and all the while playing from 2-3 scores down before halftime..

right Zeke failed..all his fault..
ignorance is bliss in your household, isnt it..:facepalm::huh::omg::rolleyes:
How come you claim the line was such a mess to alleviate any blame on Zeke. . . and out of the other side of your mouth you also blame the QB for Zeke failures . . . shouldn't Dalton get a pass as well?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dang he over done it now he looks skinny!

Yeah he does look more slender than I'm used to seeing him. Especially in the lower body. That kinda worries me.. Skinny legs and the RB position don't mix. Ask Darren McFadden.. he of the cheerleader sized calves. Even though most power comes from the quads and hammies the lower leg is where the drive and tackle breaking ability comes from. To say nothing of how much more susceptible to injury skinny legs are. Again.. see Darren McFadden.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right....I can't even believe this has to be explained smh lol.
Amazing right .

I think it punctuates the type members we have which are not all Cowboy fans or trolls.

The longer I’m on this forum the more I realize many of the members here don’t align with Cowboy fans I know personally.

It’s one thing to be a critic. But many take it too far. They’re more concerned with being right or wrong than just being a fan.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How come you claim the line was such a mess to alleviate any blame on Zeke. . . and out of the other side of your mouth you also blame the QB for Zeke failures . . . shouldn't Dalton get a pass as well?
actually i was one who said Dalton did well under the circumstances and? why you coming at me with that mess..i believe the entire team should have got mulligan last year vs the hate ..heck im betting with proper draft and full true offseason

Nolan could have bounced back if you look at how they played with spares to finish the season yet showed improvement, was ranked very high in TOs etc.

but Daltons gone stop holding on to his 20220 season

dak was and will remain our starter so why rehash aplayer that chose to leave for more money and starting job..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah he does look more slender than I'm used to seeing him. Especially in the lower body. That kinda worries me.. Skinny legs and the RB position don't mix. Ask Darren McFadden.. he of the cheerleader sized calves. Even though most power comes from the quads and hammies the lower leg is where the drive and tackle breaking ability comes from. To say nothing of how much more susceptible to injury skinny legs are. Again.. see Darren McFadden.
non of you MOFOs are never happy find something to rip zeke on..to fat too skinny OMFG god people give it rest.,.he and his trainees know his body and whats best.

NOT FAT OLD Keyboard wielding fans..:facepalm::muttley::rolleyes:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Nobody gets a pass for what happened to this offense after Dak went down.. However it is possible to analyze guys' performances without assessing "blame." Zeke is a running back.. running backs need holes to be productive.. The line did not open a lot of holes so that impacted his performance as did those nagging injuries to his legs.. which also were a product of the line's poor performance.. I don't know if people realize this but poor line play gets the backs beat up more. Our line allowed contact in the backfield on something like 1/3 of our running plays last year.. On a lot of plays the only thing that kept the plays for going for a loss was Zeke's will and determination. An objective person can watch that and see it for what it is. As for "blaming Dalton..." It's not so much blaming him as it is blaming what he is.. which is a backup level QB. Several teams figured out early that Dalton was not going to throw the ball down the field which allowed them to really crowd the line which again impacted Zeke's ability to get anything done. Even though on a lot of plays the defense was technically in a 6 or 7 man box our lack of any down the field passing game allowed the backers and safeties to creep near the line of scrimmage effectively creating a 8 or 9 man box look. Dalton certainly was not placed in an advantageous situation with the line being in flux as much as it was.. but as a 10 year veteran he was expected to help manage it better than he did.. Now he did put together a couple of decent games down the stretch but overall he stunk.. There is no kind way to say it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Amazing right .

I think it punctuates the type members we have which are not all Cowboy fans or trolls.

The longer I’m on this forum the more I realize many of the anonymous members here don’t align with Cowboy fans I know personally.

It’s one thing to be a critic. But many take it too far. They’re more concerned with being right or wrong than just being a fan.
You are 100% right.

I've said as much. I tell people don't use this site to gauge how Cowboy fans as a whole feel because its full of trolls, people who feel power being anonymous on a site and full of opposing teams fans.

For someone to ask "who likes Zeke" or "who's a Zeke fan"? As if you have to ask smh....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
non of you MOFOs are never happy find something to rip zeke on..to fat too skinny OMFG god people give it rest.,.he and his trainees know his body and whats best.

NOT FAT OLD Keyboard wielding fans..:facepalm::muttley::rolleyes:

LOL! Who you callin fat!?!?! If svelte Zeke regains his home run form you will hear no complaints from this corner. They may have concluded that he carried too much weight last year and that contributed to the leg injuries. As for being happy? When it comes to football I'm only happy when my team wins. If this change to his body helps Zeke help my team win I will be ecstatic. Trust me. But there is a price to pay for slimming down.. His body will not absorb the punishment of running between the tackles as well if he's down 10-15 pounds. That's just reality. Hopefully Moore sees skinny Zeke and stops calling so much of that crap. Maybe run the kid outside more than twice a game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are 100% right.

I've said as much. I tell people don't use this site to gauge how Cowboy fans as a whole feel because its full of trolls, people who feel power being anonymous on a site and full of opposing teams fans.

For someone to ask "who likes Zeke" or "who's a Zeke fan"? As if you have to ask smh....
The Cowboys site and Facebook page are where it’s more exclusive Cowboy fans .

No doubt this forum isn’t usually a barometer for Cowboys Nation.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
outside to f the fumbles your expectations behind 3rd string OL is ridiculous. Blocking wasn't putrid hard to stop unblocked DL and blitzing LBs and SSs that had head of steam and the ol didn't lay fingernail on them, same for running behind that mess with no passing threat at QB while hurt, while recovering from covid and all the while playing from 2-3 scores down before halftime..

right Zeke failed..all his fault..
ignorance is bliss in your household, isnt it..:facepalm::huh::omg::rolleyes:

Does Pollard get the same built-in excuses as Elliott? Or are those only for the grossly overpaid, underperforming stars? Just asking.

Elliott was stinking it up even with Dak at QB last season.

Elliott fumbling led to opponents scoring and took points and momentum and time of possession away from the Cowboys. I guess that escaped you for some reason.

RBs often have to block blitzing LBs and safeties even if they are untouched by the OL. That is their job at times. It is called manning up. That fact escapes you? Seriously?

Covid? Injuries? Now you are really grasping at straws. If one is hurt and can’t perform, get off the field. Once one steps on the field, that excuse is lame.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL! Who you callin fat!?!?! If svelte Zeke regains his home run form you will hear no complaints from this corner. They may have concluded that he carried too much weight last year and that contributed to the leg injuries. As for being happy? When it comes to football I'm only happy when my team wins. If this change to his body helps Zeke help my team win I will be ecstatic. Trust me. But there is a price to pay for slimming down.. His body will not absorb the punishment of running between the tackles as well if he's down 10-15 pounds. That's just reality. Hopefully Moore sees skinny Zeke and stops calling so much of that crap. Maybe run the kid outside more than twice a game.

I dont see a difference from zekes year to year,,

those watch videos taken in loose clothing at odd angles and declare him too fat or too skinny..

again,

Fat keyboard wielding fans please leave the judgments for you own mirrors as the team, trainers and a honed professional athlete just do whatever they feel they need too..

no one said he lost weight or is actually trying to do so, nor have we seen true comparisons of his lower body to make an actual informed judgment..

unless hes been training naked 4years and we see some slomo exact shots of this mans body each season and lay them side by side, no one here can confirm any of this nonsense..

hes got it covered..

Zeke just sent this,

e679d053691c2157721c0ecb0d5f1dd2.png

blueblood70

Reaction score
Does Pollard get the same built-in excuses as Elliott? Or are those only for the grossly overpaid, underperforming stars? Just asking.

Elliott fumbling led to opponents scoring and took points and momentum and time of possession away from the Cowboys. I guess that escaped you for some reason.

RBs often have to block blitzing LBs and safeties even if they are untouched by the OL. That is their job at times. It is called manning up. That fact escapes you? Seriously?

Covid? Injuries? Now you are really grasping at straws. If one is hurt and can’t perform, get off the field. Once one steps on the field, that excuse is lame.

Pollards not even in the discussion hes never been nor will ever be on Zekes level(you believing that makes your arguments less valid thats for sure) but i believe i found my first May21 Zone ignore candidate

Ignorance is not allowed on my page..bye

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:facepalm: That fat slug reminds me of Jabba the Hutt. He's so slimy, no wonder the ball pops out so much. LOL

Seriously, It's good to see him working on his craft. I'm hoping for a career year for him. We need him to be the best.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Sorry but this just isn't accurate. If I'm not mistaken Zeke was in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing before Dak went down.. Through 5 games he had 364 yards on a 4.1 average with 5 TDs. He was on pace for about 1200 yards and 15 TDs. Not tearing up the league by any stretch but also not "stinking it up." He had also lost 2 fumbles. One of those came against ATL.. which I will remind you is a game the Cowboys won. So the only fumble he had while Dak was playing that could be construed to having contributed to a loss was the Cleveland game.. The only other fumbles he had all season were the two against AZ and the one against WFT on Thanksgiving. We lost both those games by over 20 points.. Tough to say his play was the difference between winning and losing in either of those games since the defense was in full laydown mode in both.

Again no one is saying he had an all pro year.. It was a terrible year by his standards.. and there were a lot of reasons for it. And yes.. some it was him.. It was a weird year for a lot of people.. I'm not shoveling dirt on Zeke or anyone else over 2020..