For those of you wanting Wade Phillips replaced.

Batman

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit, he is not the best coach in the NFL. While he is not the best coach, on a scale of good to bad, Wade definitely would be more in the direction of good than bad. So this leads me to ask those of you have want Wade gone - who would you replace him with????

I am very curious about this. Do you really think a coach like Bill Cowher, or any coach with that kind of talent is going to want to coach the Cowboys? It has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it is just any top end coach like that just will not want to deal with Jerry Jones and put up with his horses***. I just do not see another Parcells or Johnson or any top coach like that ever coming here as long as Jerry is running everything.

So who could we get that would be better than Wade at not only giving us one of the best and most dominating defenses I have seen, who still finds a way to get this team a winning record and still have to deal with Jerry causing problems and antics. Truth be told, I think you would be hard pressed to find another coach who with all the conditions put forth would do a much better job.

There are better coaches than Wade, but they just could not put up with Jerry. As for coaches who are able to put up with Jerry and still have this team as a contender, you might find yourself looking for a long time before you find someone who could do much better.

Wood

Reaction score
I like the Giants Defensive Coordinator. He fits the mold of what alot of teams are heading toward....young and dynamic in their approach.

Batman

Reaction score
theogt;2479892 said:
Stealth Jerry Bashing thread alert!

Wow, I guess we better contact the screenwriters for Bones and have them do a series on your amazing investigating skills. Thanks for ignoring the respect I have for Wade given the circumstances.

gmoney112

Reaction score
we have an excellent defensive coordinator now who just also happens to be one of the best judges of talent in the NFL according to reports, and we want him gone. i don't get it.

he's not a tough nosed football coach, but how well did the players respond to tuna?

like i've said before. there's two coaches on this team, an offensive coordinator who makes as much as the HC and there's wade who's calling the defense. who's doing their job? why does the offense stall in every big game we play? why is romo throwing 3-4 picks in every big game? WHY IS EVERYONE BLAMING WADE? can we please bring in someone that can run an offense full of all stars? please

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Batman;2479905 said:
Wow, I guess we better contact the screenwriters for Bones and have them do a series on your amazing investigating skills. Thanks for ignoring the respect I have for Wade given the circumstances.
Summary: "Wade's okay and we could do better, but Jerry's terrible and no one would work with him."

Oh, yay.

Nexx

Reaction score
Give me Mooch, Cowher, JJ (not gonna happen i know but i can dream), Bob Stoops over Wade please. Money talks.

Batman

Reaction score
theogt;2479918 said:
Summary: "Wade's okay and we could do better, but Jerry's terrible and no one would work with him."

Oh, yay.

I see plenty of Wade bashing, but who would you replace him with that would put up with Jerry and still get the same or better results than Wade. Wade has done a good job all things considered.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nexx;2479921 said:
Give me Mooch, Cowher, JJ (not gonna happen i know but i can dream), Bob Stoops over Wade please. Money talks.
:lmao2:

Batman;2479924 said:
I see plenty of Wade bashing, but who would you replace him with that would put up with Jerry and still get the same or better results than Wade. Wade has done a good job all things considered.
I wouldn't replace him at all. I think he's one of the best defensive minds in the game and has turned our defense from one of the worst to one of the best. We just need Tony and the offense going like we know they can.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Cowher? You guys really wanna wait 15 years for a Super Bowl win?

I don't...

It's worked out so well to have these coaches lay off and come back with a new team (or with Gibbs, the old one), hasn't it?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't fire Wade no matter what just yet. He has the defense playing better than since the early 90s. We have a very talented team that is killing itself with turnovers, mistakes, and penalties. Which is not unique to Wade. Mostly the same guys.

He deserves another year at least.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2479924 said:

Uh-Jerry gave Parcells alot of leeway. When Tuna wanted to part ways with Larry Allen, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted to draft Jacob Rogers DESPITE all the scouts warning him not to, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted Vinny T one year, and Bledsoe the next, only to ride Romo on the bench for so long, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted to trade for old-man, albeit disgruntled Meshawn, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Jerry wanted TO, he and Stephen asked Tuna over(and over and over again) whether he was OK with the deal before anything was signed off.

Hey-sounded to me like Jerry did everything to bend backwards and forwards when Bill P was here.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
5Countem5;2479928 said:

I don't...

It's worked out so well to have these coaches lay off and come back with a new team (or with Gibbs, the old one), hasn't it?

Or 29 for 2 like Landry?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Batman;2479890 said:
I will be the first to admit, he is not the best coach in the NFL. While he is not the best coach, on a scale of good to bad, Wade definitely would be more in the direction of good than bad. So this leads me to ask those of you have want Wade gone - who would you replace him with????

I am very curious about this. Do you really think a coach like Bill Cowher, or any coach with that kind of talent is going to want to coach the Cowboys? It has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it is just any top end coach like that just will not want to deal with Jerry Jones and put up with his horses***. I just do not see another Parcells or Johnson or any top coach like that ever coming here as long as Jerry is running everything.

So who could we get that would be better than Wade at not only giving us one of the best and most dominating defenses I have seen, who still finds a way to get this team a winning record and still have to deal with Jerry causing problems and antics. Truth be told, I think you would be hard pressed to find another coach who with all the conditions put forth would do a much better job.

There are better coaches than Wade, but they just could not put up with Jerry. As for coaches who are able to put up with Jerry and still have this team as a contender, you might find yourself looking for a long time before you find someone who could do much better.

Jones can get any coach he wants, and any coach would take this job if they are interested in coaching in the NFL. it's the premier job in the lague, if not all of sports.

It's ******** for people to continue to suggest Jones cant get a good coach for whatever reason. He wants to win badly, he will spend money on players, he has a money factory of a stadium about to open and he can pay coaches bigtime $$$. Coaches that want to win want those things.

Boysboy

Reaction score
5Countem5;2479928 said:

I don't...

This also isn't the Cowher of '92 when he was a young hotshot w/ tons of energy in his 30's. He's like 52 now, which doesn't give him a big window like he had in Pitt.

I can easily see him bolt after 4-5 years with his next team if things aren't working out too great-alot like Parcells did with the Pats, Jets, and Cowboys. I can also see him bringing in his former players as starters like Neil O'Donnell, Kordell, Bettis, Chad Scott, Mike Vrabel, etc...alot like Parcells did here with old farts like Vinny T, Bledsoe, Meshawn, Terry G, Ritchie Anderson, etc.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nexx;2479921 said:

I'd just assume keep Wade over any of those except Jimmy. One is a has been (and an overrated has been at that), one would only come back for money and was overrated anyway, and one is a college coach who would be vastly overmatched in the NFL.

Jimmy isnt coming back for any amount of money.

JRid21

Reaction score
I like Cowher and he's a good coach but that would never work here because of Jerry. I also like Marty, one of the best ever as well but he probably will be involved with Cleveland in some fashion next year.

With that being said, I honestly don't want Wade fired. Wade isn't the best head coach in the league but he is one heck of a defensive minded coach and it has shown since he took over the defense. It's hard to not like Wade because he just comes off as such a nice guy.

If anything our offense has been way too predictable at times this year and that falls on Garrett. You also have to remember Romo being out with the pinkie injury for three games.

All things considered this has been a pretty good season when you take into account the injuries this team has had. Has it been what everyone expected or hoped for? Absolutely not, but we are still in the wildcard race and quite honestly I think when we do make the playoffs no one will want to play a healthy Dallas Cowboys team.

Even analysts on ESPN since the Pittsburgh game this past Sunday, have commented on how impressed they were Sunday and how dangerous this team can be. Jon Ritchie said on ESPN First Take this morning he thinks we can win out and will be dangerous in the playoffs.

Just believe in this team and have faith we will make the playoffs ;)

Batman

Reaction score
dbair1967;2479954 said:
It's ******** for people to continue to suggest Jones cant get a good coach for whatever reason. He wants to win badly, he will spend money on players, he has a money factory of a stadium about to open and he can pay coaches bigtime $$$. Coaches that want to win want those things.

I am sure Jones wants to win, but his ego is bigger than winning. If he was real serious about putting winning above his universal sized ego, he would hire a real GM who knows something about football and sit his a** down and let the football people run this team.