For those that wanted the Cowboys to sign Jarran Reed

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the type of comments Chiefs' fans are making about the signing of Reed:

"Literally just pure garbage. Complete waste of $8 million dollars.

If the Chiefs had any balls they would deactivate these overpaid scrubs like him and Clark and at least let the young, hungry guys play. These two both are just stealing money at this point. Make a statement that this crap is not acceptable."

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. You can get a feel for whether or not players are going 100%. Even our 1-15 year wasn't as painful to watch as what I was watching last year. Losing is one thing. Losing while showing little effort is painful.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

If the Chiefs had any balls they would deactivate these overpaid scrubs like him and Clark and at least let the young, hungry guys play. These two both are just stealing money at this point. Make a statement that this crap is not acceptable."

DT is a tough position to fill. There are just a lot of college guys who are highly touted who end up as busts due to motor and technique issues.

Then on others, the shelf life isn’t long and they don’t play well after their second contract.

If you compare the bust rate to QBs drafted high, it ends up pretty close or at least did a few years ago

kskboys

Reaction score
Research, my friends.

Reed is a 3 tech gap shooter type. Chris Jones........is a 3 tech gap shooter type.

The DT positions are not interchangeable. One of them has to play NT. Since Chris Jones no way no how is a NT, I'd imagine Reed is being forced to play on the nose. Which would easily explain why he isn't producing.

Gawd, why is this team so stupid?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Research, my friends.

Reed is a 3 tech gap shooter type. Chris Jones........is a 3 tech gap shooter type.

The DT positions are not interchangeable. One of them has to play NT. Since Chris Jones no way no how is a NT, I'd imagine Reed is being forced to play on the nose. Which would easily explain why he isn't producing.

Gawd, why is this team so stupid?

Reed hasn't been "all-that" in a long-time.

Yeah, he's worse this year ranking 100th out of 116 DT per PFF.

But in the previous 6 seasons he never ranked higher than 63.

Over-rated player who's suddenly gotten worse.

kskboys

Reaction score
Reed hasn't been "all-that" in a long-time.

Yeah, he's worse this year ranking 100th out of 116 DT per PFF.

But in the previous 6 seasons he never ranked higher than 63.

Over-rated player who's suddenly gotten worse.
Only by those who those who mistakenly thought he ws great to begin w/. Reed is a Malik Collins type, a decent player as long as you don't pay him too much.

I think you might've missed that they're apparently playing him out of position.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only by those who those who mistakenly thought he ws great to begin w/. Reed is a Malik Collins type, a decent player as long as you don't pay him too much.

I think you might've missed that they're apparently playing him out of position.

Just not a good player.

visionary

Reaction score

would you making this thread is Reed were a CB

enquiring minds want to know

:muttley: