For Those Who Want To Fire Garrett Now, Who’s Your Replacement?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
If Jerry really wanted Lincoln Riley, he would find a way.
LR would 100% come if he got the call. He signed an extension but by that point it was apparent Dallas was winning the division and JG was staying.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Do you think we will win a Superbowl with Garrett as the HC? If you say no, then you should want Garrett fired immediately!!!

Then go out and take a chance on a coach with a creative mind, remember, we are NOT winning a Superbowl with Garrett anyway.

My Choices: NE’s OC, Romo. Again anyone would be better than Garrett if you want to win a Super Bowl!

cml750

Reaction score
Weill Garrett has DEFINITELY proven not to be one of the 500 hundred coaches who can win it all that Jerry said could replace Jimmy Johnson. I would take my chances on just about anyone. Chances are they would do better than Garrett. If they are worse they will not be here long because Jerry would not have an extremely irrational attachment to them like he does with pet red headed step child.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a lot of legitimate answers in this thread. Shocking.

SSoup

Reaction score
I don't want to fire him. I want him as GM.

New HC? Dabo Swinney

:cool:
I'd love to move Garrett to G.M.

Our draft process has gotten really good and coherent, and a coaching change threatens to end that. I don't want our drafting to immediately tank again like it did when Jerry hired Jimmy's replacement or Gailey's replacement or Parcells' replacement.

If we could keep Garrett's drafting while entirely changing the coaching staff, that would be the best of all worlds. But would he go for it? And would Jerry be able to help himself by following through and actually letting Garrett function like G.M.s who work for competent owners get to?

ghst187

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of Garrett but I’m objective enough to see he’s an average to good coach, not great nor elite.

But look around and tell me who you’d hire right now to replace him from the available candidates? Obviously we can wish Lincoln Riley or Sean Payton but as of now they’re not a serious option.

Great coaches don’t come in bunches and firing a good coach because he’s not elite without an option better isn’t a smart move.

Barring a surprise hire, I think the FO will give JG the playcalling and offensive reigns and have him coach for his job. It’s his last year on his deal and it looks like the NFL executive circles really see Moore as a bright mind and future coach.

This will most likely be Garrett’s last year unless we win an NFC Championship/Super Bowl and at that point he deserves to stay. Last year was perfect as it proved personnel is damn close to SB caliber, it just needs the coaching to match.

Let’s be patient one last year and watch the future of the team be decided in 2019

Bag of chips or the AI in Madden video game

CCBoy

Reaction score
Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of Garrett but I’m objective enough to see he’s an average to good coach, not great nor elite.

But look around and tell me who you’d hire right now to replace him from the available candidates? Obviously we can wish Lincoln Riley or Sean Payton but as of now they’re not a serious option.

Great coaches don’t come in bunches and firing a good coach because he’s not elite without an option better isn’t a smart move.

Barring a surprise hire, I think the FO will give JG the playcalling and offensive reigns and have him coach for his job. It’s his last year on his deal and it looks like the NFL executive circles really see Moore as a bright mind and future coach.

This will most likely be Garrett’s last year unless we win an NFC Championship/Super Bowl and at that point he deserves to stay. Last year was perfect as it proved personnel is damn close to SB caliber, it just needs the coaching to match.

Let’s be patient one last year and watch the future of the team be decided in 2019
Literally anyone...

ItzKelz

Reaction score

6 in wins since he has been a HC and the last 3 seasons are excellent coaching jobs considering the things he had to overcome. Not many are available or was available that are better.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
John Fassel
Dave Toub
Mike Kafka
Pete Carmichael and/or Sean Payton
Chris Petersen
Mike McCarthy

Literally anybody but Garrett.