Forgive forget Jerry and have actual hope

Kwyn

Reaction score
I've felt like many of you that the culture and working atmosphere that Jerry creates undermines most coaches authorities. Generally by perception mixed with actual reality. Players and coaches that are forced into the roster. Selling instead of proving. Going to bat for problem players with talent, etc. Giving routine interviews and rarely saying no to the microphone.

What would ever convince you that he was really changed and ready to trust the organization?

Mine is a full meal culpa from Jerry nationally televised that details how his method of doing things has significantly contributed to failing in the playoffs for the past 24 years. That Jimmy orchestrated the 90s super bowls and is a vastly better evaluator of football talent. That he is naming someone with extensive football knowledge and proven record as the general manager and personnel manager for the team. That those individuals will not ever have to share the stage with him or anyone else from his family about Cowboys related professional business decisions (including drafting, singing players and coaches). That he will no longer give weekly interviews, go to player coaches meetings personally, or give speeches to the squad about performance unless it is after a super bowl win. That his performance as GM has been inadequate and deserving of termination and to that end he will finally be accountable and follow through with this decision.

Yes, I know. Pie in the sky. How about you guys? Any signatures in blood? Public sacrifices? Crying and begging?
Jesus

That’s not just pie in the sky, that’s insanity put into text.

Do you want him to walk through the streets of the city naked with Fanzone posters walking behind him yelling “SHAME” while random citizens throw rotten fruit and feces at him?

This is probably just a troll post. Maybe I should go fall on my knees and give myself 20 lashes for taking the bait.

Last edited:

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Honestly , I would forgive jerry if he relinquished his gm duties and cut back on his attention seeking antics.

catiii

Reaction score
I don't know that it's about forgiveness.
Jerry slapped the truest fans of the Cowboys in the face for twelve years.
It remains to be seen if those fans care anymore.
It remains to be seen if those fans have the ability to care anymore
I've been a fan since Don Meredith......and to answer your question, after Jerry has wasted the last 25 years of my football fanhood for this team, "My Giveadam's busted." (Thanks JoDee Messina.) Permanently. So there ya have it. I'll have just as much invested watching the Chiefs play as "The Jones Cowboys" (See what I did there?) Which is NOTHING.Time to do more on Sunday than RUN home from church just to see the rubbish product on the field which is all about making a certain person another billion true----but more about stroking his ego, not about winning.
When ya see the same circus over and over so many times and realize you're being taken for a fool as a fan, one day ya wake up and just say "no more."
:grin::popcorn:

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score
Considering the single common denominator was and continues to be GM Jerry, having yet another HC/staff change since our last SB win isn’t gonna automatically erase 24yrs of no appearances beyond the divisional round.

Let’s see it on the field.