Former Falcons’ QB Marcus Mariota reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hmmm I wonder is this an upgrade from Minshew? I like Mariota better but seems like Minshew is capable of putting more yards on you…

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Minshew signed with the Colts. He’ll be there starter until the guy they draft is ready.

Mariota is making the same money as Andy Dalton.

Decent signing. Don’t like that he seemed to walk away from his team last year but I’m sure the Eagles have some insight since so many on the staff have connections to him.

Motorola

Reaction score
HC Arthur Smith decided to start rookie QB Desmond Ridder to see what he could do for the last 4 games of season.
Instead of sticking around to help the young guy, Mariota pouted - then said he had to leave the team take care of a "knee injury" - that no one on the Falcons' medical staff or coaches were aware of --- because Mariota did not miss a snap during the first 13 games.
Atlanta had lost 4 of its previous 5 games when the head coach benched the veteran QB. When that happened, Mariota all of a sudden had a "knee injury" that required him "stepping away" from the team.