Former OT Jake Fisher moving to TE

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would bring him in and cut Rico

JAKE FISHERT, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Free agent OT Jake Fisher worked out for the Texans.

Fisher is shopping himself as a blocking tight end. He's down to 285-pounds after playing at 305 last year. The Texans are the only team that's been connected to Fisher.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Mar 15, 2019, 8:02 PM

JAKE FISHERT, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Free agent OT Jake Fisher is moving to tight end.
He's down to 285-pounds as he tries to convert into a blocking tight end. Fisher was struggling to hold his own as a swing tackle, but the add versatility could help extend his career. There's enough name value for Fisher to get a chance somewhere this offseason. We don't expect him to land more than a veteran minimum deal.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2019, 10:44 AM

J.

Fisher

T
Unsigned Free Agent
10385.jpg

DOB (Age): 4/23/1993 (25)
HT/WT: 6' 6" / 305 lbs.
College: Oregon
Drafted: 2015 / Rd. 2 (53) / CIN

Mr_437

Reaction score
Heck, if they signing ex-basketball/baseball players to play TE why not an ex-OT, at least they know he can block. Fish, could watch Witten to pick up some nuance in route running.

If he leaves HOU w/o a deal DAL should give him a chance.

Verdict

Reaction score
Wasn't this guy a top 10 pick or is that a different Fisher?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I had to turn my gaze away from his photograph as the exuding intellect emanating from it was seemingly thru unseen capabilities , eerily extracting my very own aura of intellectual essence o_O
Oh brother..

Melonfeud had his orange blossom and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

Dizzy this morning?

"Aura of intellectual essence?"

:omg:

Give me a shot of that orange blossom. I want to see what you are seeing.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh brother..

Melonfeud had his orange blossom and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

Dizzy this morning?

"Aura of intellectual essence?"

:omg:

Give me a shot of that orange blossom. I want to see what you are seeing.
:lmao: lol,actually I had whataburger biscuits & gravy, w/hash browns& o.j. around 6:30 this morning out in the parking lot of an albertsons supermarket, in fact,I'd parked next to some kinda' monster looking Ford F550 4x4 off road R.V. with a H.D. motorcycle trailer hitched on behind ,it was labeled as hailing outta' Santa Fe N.M. so I started talking to 'em while sitting in my truck eating breakfast, they were heading to old Mexico ( as to their reasonings for wanting go there? I'm beyond clueless in that matter :huh:)
Then I dropped $211 in the grocery huntin' groundso_O

* I was merely expressing ( in a roundabout way) my thoughts of " that dude ain't sportin' the looks of no brainiac",,,:lmao:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Given the addition of Witten and McElroy, I've pretty much written off Rico already.
Rico is still our full sized TE. He'd have more to worry about from Fisher than the other guys we have.

Jake Fisher sounds like a clever guy. It's probably not that hard to turn an OT into a short yardage TE. We should be trying that with our own linemen. See if anyone has decent hands, and teach them some basic short routes. I don't think it's that's complicated to run a 3 yard out.

You're hoping that a blocking TE blocks well and will catch the ball if he gets lost in the wash of the LOS. He doesn't have to run routes like Beasley.

Pants

Reaction score
Did people mention Rico??? Pffffft

Now that Swaim has taken his talent to the jags (irony), he must be excited to catch from Foles.....but, who knows??? How many roster spots do we normally have at TE?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wow, one team is looking at a 4th string TE that we had no interest, or any other team did either?! This is great news! :facepalm: