News: Former QB Coach Wade Wilson has passed

Rayman70

Reaction score
Live larger than the moment.
man you are so right. One minute your with your Dad, like I was for example...seems like yesterday, and the next, you get an unexpected call that your best friend has passed. The one person you just KNEW was unbreakable...has died. We know that day is comin, but when it happens...its a ton of bricks. My Dad passed around Thanksgiving of 2013...he had battled cancer and copd for years..but we all thought since we had spoken to him and he sounded chipper as heck...HE HAD MUCH MORE TIME., We were very wrong. When the Lord calls us home, that be all she wrote. Good post Typhus,its true. Take nothing for granted. NOTHING. Tell your kids you love them each day. NO MATTER. I am now a middle aged man with my own set of health issues that have crept up...and so what happened to Wade Wilson really hits home.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
man you are so right. One minute your with your Dad, like I was for example...seems like yesterday, and the next, you get an unexpected call that your best friend has passed. The one person you just KNEW was unbreakable...has died. We know that day is comin, but when it happens...its a ton of bricks. My Dad passed around Thanksgiving of 2013...he had battled cancer and copd for years..but we all thought since we had spoken to him and he sounded chipper as heck...HE HAD MUCH MORE TIME., We were very wrong. When the Lord calls us home, that be all she wrote. Good post Typhus,its true. Take nothing for granted. NOTHING. Tell your kids you love them each day. NO MATTER. I am now a middle aged man with my own set of health issues that have crept up...and so what happened to Wade Wilson really hits home.
So true brother, I just lost my father as well, but I took him to his favorite place Galveston Island for a few days just the week before his passing.
I try and live every day more than the last, I don't sit around,,, I really think that's the key,,, it is for me at least.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So true brother, I just lost my father as well, but I took him to his favorite place Galveston Island for a few days just the week before his passing.
I try and live every day more than the last, I don't sit around,,, I really think that's the key,,, it is for me at least.
your like me..I don't sit idle much. My wife and kids take care of that for me lol..I live in west Texas and love to drive to Galveston. Its a very good place to unwind.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I feel bad for Wade's Family. Wade was never a great player. He was a guy who got the most out of what he had. 19 seasons in the league, as a player and another 17 as Coach. Say what you want about Wade Wilson, and believe me we did, we were way to hard on him a lot of times IMO but, he lived, breathed Football for most of his life. Condolences to the Wilson Family and to all of his Friends.

RIP Charles Wade Wilson (February 1, 1959 – February 1, 2019)

dfan32

Reaction score
ditto here
My older brother passed away at 48 from battling juvenile diabetes. Wade was young but I believe he also had juvenile diabetes. And if so he may have actually stretched the average lifespan of a guy stricken with that disease. I'm guessing he managed his blood sugar levels meticulously. Healthy diet and close monitoring.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yup. I don't wish it on anybody.
I'm a Type 1 and it's an every single damn day, multiple times a day issue to handle.
Then you ought to not pull that cork all that often ,brother
*I speak only outta' heartfelt concern*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I feel bad for Wade's Family. Wade was never a great player. He was a guy who got the most out of what he had. 19 seasons in the league, as a player and another 17 as Coach. Say what you want about Wade Wilson, and believe me we did, we were way to hard on him a lot of times IMO but, he lived, breathed Football for most of his life. Condolences to the Wilson Family and to all of his Friends.

RIP Charles Wade Wilson (February 1, 1959 – February 1, 2019)
I remember he was labeled with that "Mad Bomber" shingle when he'd quarterbacked for the Falcons,,,:)

rynochop

Reaction score
We just never know when our # is going to come up.
Exactly..and it sucks. Had a cousin drop dead at 38 of a heart attack last week, just suddenly wasn't responding to texts or calls, dead as a doornail in bed

Macnalty

Reaction score
How did you know it was diabetes?
It was well known that Wade suffered from type 1 diabetes. From personal experience I can say that once it walks into your life it also slowly guides you to your last breathe unless an accident or external forces intervene. Maybe 2019 is the year we see real progress fighting this disease.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I am sorry to see that Wade Wilson died (busy in the ATL). He is known as the guy that discovered and request the Cowboys draft Dak Prescott. Having a rookie QB go 13-3 shows he was a great QB coach and judge of talent.

The NFL suspending him for performance enhancement when he was a coach having a diagnosed health issues was typical BS Goodell.