Video: Fox: Chris Broussard: Dak Prescott is still a winner despite the Cowboys' disappointing season

Grenic

Reaction score
Dak fan boys are dug in and really don't care about the Cowboys as much as they care about Dak.

Unfortunately I think ownership thinks this way..

Dak is good enough to keep us relevant but we probably won't win a championship with him because we'll never have a good enough team around him to get it done.
Amen!

12+88=7

Reaction score
Just looking at W-L records is not the whole picture.

If Dak wins against the Giants and Commanders and other teams that are non-contenders alot and loses to GB, 9ers, Seattle, and Philly or Buffalo..

then W-L is not accurate.

It's like saying Cooper should be the best WR in the NFL which he is at home..

but his production drops 70% when he plays on the road.

There are just alot of qualifiers to consider..numbers are not absolute indicators of value for a player.

But they do point you in a direction.

That's just it though. By only winning when you're the favorite and losing whenever Dallas stepped up in class makes you a pretender. This team was supposed to be a contender.

If Prescott had raised his level of play against the other contenders, Dallas would have won and been a contender themselves. But he didn't, and Dallas was doomed to a disappointing 8-8 season.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I guess that’s why I’m considered a Dak “hater” since I don’t think he can deliver. I definitely want him ousted even though I know it’s not likely but unil I get that breaking news alert can keep my slim hopes alive.
I'm hoping Dak can deliver with a better defense. Mike Nolan built one heck of a defense in S.F. If he can repeat that success here we could be a legit contender for a couple of years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm hoping Dak can deliver with a better defense. Mike Nolan built one heck of a defense in S.F. If he can repeat that success here we could be a legit contender for a couple of years.

Our defense worries me.

LVE is a monster but a neck injury already? Not good..

DLaw is fine..

Quinn? Will he even be back?

Jaylon? He needs a lot of coaching up and to play more disciplined.. I do feel good about him playing down hill and getting after the QB.

Byron is most likely gone.

The rest of our defense is just solid pieces. Nothing special..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The defense isn’t as bad as most claim it was. That’s why I say folks let the media tell them what to think and they just run with it. Now of course it would be great if we had one of those Baltimore or 9ers defenses but this defense overall esp against playoff teams wasn’t that bad.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh: A guy who's never won anything meaningful at any level is a "winner".

Brax

Reaction score
Hilarious!!!!

Text book of exactly what goes on here with the same argument. Dak fans talking about his body of work while the haters just stutter around going.............."bbubububububububut they went 8-8 this year" LOL
Garrett sucked but Dak is great yet they both had the same record and last time I checked it was Dak on the field, we get it that's how the blind apologists see it , fact is Dak and Jason are mediocre it's not hate it is what it is. 8-8 and Dak choked yet again, it's his best trait choking sad but true. 8-8 with tier 1 talent everywhere on offense but but but but he got those 9 points against Philly, sad just so sad.that media idiots keep propping him up just like this board.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Garrett sucked but Dak is great yet they both had the same record and last time I checked it was Dak on the field, we get it that's how the blind apologists see it , fact is Dak and Jason are mediocre it's not hate it is what it is. 8-8 and Dak choked yet again, it's his best trait choking sad but true. 8-8 with tier 1 talent everywhere on offense but but but but he got those 9 points against Philly, sad just so sad.that media idiots keep propping him up just like this board.
Maybe you're wrong.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Hilarious!!!!

Text book of exactly what goes on here with the same argument. Dak fans talking about his body of work while the haters just stutter around going.............."bbubububububububut they went 8-8 this year" LOL
Unfortunately, that is what qbs are judged on even Dak has mentioned it in interviews. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
How about if he had shown up in NO, NYJ, NE, or PHI, half of their losses.

What would the team record be then???

Who knows? Maybe if the defense make Darnold look like an ALL PRO as well as crap the bed against CHI, PHI, NO. What would the team record be then?

See how easy that is. Dak needs to improve or be replaced, as well as the defense needs serious, serious work.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Yeah, that was an all-time great practice team the Eagles had that knocked him out of making playoffs.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe if the defense make Darnold look like an ALL PRO as well as crap the bed against CHI, PHI, NO. What would the team record be then?

See how easy that is. Dak needs to improve or be replaced, as well as the defense needs serious, serious work.

In the NYJ game Dallas held NY to 3 points in the second half, but the offense couldn't overcome 24 total points being scored. I know, that's a ridiculous amount of points to overcome.

Dallas trailed at the half in 8 games last year and lost ALL 8.

In the Payton/Brees era first time held without out a TD in win. Held NO at home to 4 FGs, but it's the defense's fault. Right.

Held Philadelphia to 17 points, but once again a ridiculous amount of points to overcome. Offense didn't score a TD In the biggest game of the year. Damn defense.

I have said that the defense had 3 bad games(all against the NFC North), Green Bay, Chicago, and Detroit. Three out of 16 is not bad.

Brax

Reaction score
Maybe you're wrong.
Could be, we can only wait and see. My point was the "Dak is great guys" blame everyone and everything for Dak's short comings but Dak , when it was 13-3 all those short comings didn't matter to Dak apologist, stats meant nothing, it was look at his wins, oh lets not forget those 4th quarter wins now when he didn't have one it doesn't matter, now stats are everything, All the wins are all Dak that's how the Dak lovers see everything. Anyone who sees Dak as a top QB is fooling themselves , not sure why when a person says he is a average to good QB that makes one a hater. Just remember Dak has already killed a HC, OC, WR coaches, OL coaches and DC so don't expect any miracles from MM. This debate will go on after Dak sucks the cap space up and the usual HC, OC, and all the other players will all suck according to the Dakies if nothing changes and I don't see much changing and the bus driver debate just goes on and on.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Could be, we can only wait and see. My point was the "Dak is great guys" blame everyone and everything for Dak's short comings but Dak , when it was 13-3 all those short comings didn't matter to Dak apologist, stats meant nothing, it was look at his wins, oh lets not forget those 4th quarter wins now when he didn't have one it doesn't matter, now stats are everything, All the wins are all Dak that's how the Dak lovers see everything. Anyone who sees Dak as a top QB is fooling themselves , not sure why when a person says he is a average to good QB that makes one a hater. Just remember Dak has already killed a HC, OC, WR coaches, OL coaches and DC so don't expect any miracles from MM. This debate will go on after Dak sucks the cap space up and the usual HC, OC, and all the other players will all suck according to the Dakies if nothing changes and I don't see much changing and the bus driver debate just goes on and on.
I'm sorry positive fans bothers you so much.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Dak is the goat
Zeke is the goat
Amari is the goat
OL is the goat

but

somehow

the

o

only excels

against

weak

losers!

Swagger

Reaction score
Technically he isn't a loser.
13-3
9-7
10-6
8-8

We haven't had a losing season with Dak under center. If we can land a top notch SS, DT, and CB (or keep Jones) this off season I'm sure our record will improve, despite Dak's huge contract.
He hasn't played on a bad team yet.

Swagger

Reaction score
I always think back to Denver and Tebow.

They had every reason to stick with Tebow.. They spent a 1st round pick on that guy, their season was off the rails, then they put this guy in and they go on to make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

They had every reason to stick with Tebow...

Instead... They traded him and signed Peyton Manning who was coming off of a neck injury.

I don't think many teams would've done what the Broncos did.

I can't help but think that opportunity may be presenting itself again with Brady and we will be the team the plays it safe and he will go somewhere like Tennessee or San Fran and enjoy more success then us.
Bang on the money man

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Seems like we have ventured into weather man territory if results don't affect value at all.

starfan1

Reaction score
Technically Jason wasn’t a loser either but that didn’t stop people for wanting him ousted. I don’t see how the same record is hyped for one person and used as rationale to get rid of the other.
well Jason did have losing seasons technically Dak has not.Also I do believe Jerry stated all year expectations for the season. "Playoff success" He came on the fan multiple times now he did stop short of saying that JG would be fired if he didn't have that success but with Jerry sometimes you got to read the tea leaves.but I understand you're referring to the fans in the zone I think.

Last edited: