Video: Fox: Jason Whitlock: Prescott's mounting frustration is writing a $40M check Cowboys can't cash

Flamma

Reaction score
The exclusive tag is what Jerry is slapping on Dak. Maybe you're right about Johnny Walker telling him to do it. The point is, talking about what others will offer for Dak, or whether Dak is worth two 1st round picks is irrelevant. The Jones boys are committed to making Dak the team's franchise QB for the next several years.

Think about it. The exclusive tag is so pointless insofar that it actually hurts the team more than if they just signed him to a contract. IMO if you don't want to lose the player, sign him and take the lower cap hit. But I can see it happening in a worse case scenario.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
There you go again responding to what you've read. You weren't there so how do you know what he said he wants? What's there to be critical about? You need to stop getting so emotional over the hype in the grapevine.
I am just as certain he’s seeking mid 30s as you are certain about the uncertainty of news sources surrounding the situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The man has the courage and conviction to say what he believes, regardless of the price it costs him.

I very much admire Whitlock, though I don't always agree with him.
You think it takes courage to go against the grain all in the power of a dollar? Seems more like a coward to me.

erod

Reaction score
You think it takes courage to go against the grain all in the power of a dollar? Seems more like a coward to me.
He's not afraid to say what others don't want to hear, even if he's considered a sellout by some.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If we sign Dak before the new contract we’ll still be ok considering every qb after the cap goes up will be 38+ not to mention Mahomes will reset the market with 45+. Daks contract will actually be good by then to be honest.
But will Dak be good by then?

He still needs way to much support around him to be effective.

You guys do understand we are on a downward slide starting in 2020?

What do you guys think is happening over the next 2 years?

We are turning over a couple of dozen players and raising our salary by $100s of millions each season.

The window is not opening wider, its rapidly closing. Four years with Zeke and Dak in their primes added nothing to this franchise.

A couple of meaningless playoff wins. Pathetic.

I think this all is madness.

Stop the high paying contracts. Draft young and accept a few losing seasons to get higher in the next couple of drafts and then see what happens with McCarthy.

As much as we all want to win, we have not had the players, ownership or coaches to win as we have in the distant past.

Dak is not an Aikman nor a Staubach.

McCarthy is not a Landry or a Jimster.

So we have to figure out how we are going to get there now.

I no longer am going to listen to Jerrah sell our future to us as in days gone by.

I am going to have to see it before I will believe it going forward.