Twitter: Fox picks Kevin Burkhardt to replace Joe Buck

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m assuming Greg Olsen will continue to be paired with him. He’s been terrific in the booth.
Per the article:

While Olsen is a top candidate, he is not guaranteed the spot, as Fox has been determined to look at all candidates. It made overtures to Tom Brady, according to sources, prior to Brady returning to football.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Surprise they didn’t try to bring in Gus for the first team or they probably feel that no one is as good as Gus in the college game to take his spot.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Fox is trimming the budget. I don’t blame them after seeing what they paid the NFL to keep games.

Motorola

Reaction score
If they don’t stay with Greg Olsen then they’re obviously looking for a bigger name. My guess is Sean Payton would be one of the front runners.
Moose has been the No.2 /3 analyst for a long time....perhaps he gets his chance to succeed Troy.

Motorola

Reaction score
Surprise they didn’t try to bring in Gus for the first team or they probably feel that no one is as good as Gus in the college game to take his spot.
"Hollerin' Gus" is just fine on the No. 3/4 team on FOX NFL games.

rynochop

Reaction score
I like him and Olson together. I bet Thomm brennamen would have got it if not for his dumb remarks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Moose has been the No.2 /3 analyst for a long time....perhaps he gets his chance to succeed Troy.

I doubt it. If they replace Greg Olsen my guess it would be with Sean Payton. The fact that Tom Brady was in the mix before he unretired tells me the direction they’re headed. Fox is looking for a big name and the next John Madden.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Anyone but Charles Davis to the number one slot, personal preference of course but i have a very difficult time listening to him.

Something about his cadence -- style, irritates the heck out of me.

Olsen would be a good choice.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they don’t stay with Greg Olsen then they’re looking for a high profile QB or HC with a ring. With Tom Brady coming back to football Sean Payton would be the guy.

CoachD

Reaction score
I knew that it was only a matter of time until these guys took over the number one spot on Fox because they're really good.....WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN!!!!!

Motorola

Reaction score
I doubt it. If they replace Greg Olsen my guess it would be with Sean Payton. The fact that Tom Brady was in the mix before he unretired tells me the direction they’re headed. Fox is looking for a big name and the next John Madden.
No one will ever be the next "Madden".
Have caught a few games with Olsen; he is knowledgeable and personable (and his looks don't hurt him).
From press conferences\interviews, Payton appears and sounds bland to me; if he gets the shot - he doesn't need to be offbeat or funny - just provide game commentary from an HC point of view.