Twitter: Fox picks Kevin Burkhardt to replace Joe Buck

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one will ever be the next "Madden".
Have caught a few games with Olsen; he is knowledgeable and personable (and his looks don't hurt him).
From press conferences\interviews, Payton appears and sounds bland to me; if he gets the shot - he doesn't need to be offbeat or funny - just provide game commentary from an HC point of view.

They’ll never be another Madden but that won’t stop them from looking. It’s anyone’s guess how well Sean Payton will take to the broadcast booth. He may be great at it and he may be terrible we’ll just have to see. The first time I heard John Madden in the booth I thought he was drunk. He didn’t have the looks or the voice. I didn’t think he would last long but his style and personality grew on everyone.

conner01

Reaction score
They’ll never be another Madden but that won’t stop them from looking. It’s anyone’s guess how well Sean Payton will take to the broadcast booth. He may be great at it and he may be terrible we’ll just have to see. The first time I heard John Madden in the booth I thought he was drunk. He didn’t have the looks or the voice. I didn’t think he would last long but his style and personality grew on everyone.
Madden was special and what he was can’t beat duplicated
He was not only entertaining but he help fans learn the games
Some fans here know football better than the avg fan watching on tv. Yet so many of the guys in the booth talk about gaps and routes but don’t explain what that is too fans. Madden broke down things in simple terms

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Anyone but Charles Davis to the number one slot, personal preference of course but i have a very difficult time listening to him.

Something about his cadence -- style, irritates the heck out of me.

Olsen would be a good choice.

I think Davis moved to CBS. I may be wrong...

Burkhart and Olsen together is the easy choice here.

Motorola

Reaction score
I knew Madden first as the Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders. It was under his tenure that the team's appeal = craze, renegade reputation, and great players started, then grew to become an NFL franchise legend - because his teams were always championship contenders.
Madden was the antithesis of the long-viewed image of NFL HCs back then; his look was unique, and on the sidelines he was boisterous and demonstrative.
His on-the-air persona as an analyst was an extension of that.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Thank goodness. No more mute. I need red flag challenges, Injurie and weather reports. The rest I already Know what they are going to say. My wife just shakes her head. :laugh:

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Greg Olsen cracks me up. He looks like a giant kid that just did something wrong. That sheet eating grin :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fox is trimming the budget. I don’t blame them after seeing what they paid the NFL to keep games.
They do not have to worry about the popularity of the broadcast team, just the lineup of games and if they get stuck with the NFC past DAL, GB, LAR, SF and TB, they're going to be hurting. The stars are aligning for the AFC

pancakeman

Reaction score
Moose was my favorite color guy until Olsen came along. Burkhardt and Olsen work really well. It'd be a shame if fame, rather than aptitude, won out in determining the team.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If they don’t stay with Greg Olsen then they’re obviously looking for a bigger name. My guess is Sean Payton would be one of the front runners.
They could put billboards on his forehead to generate extra advertisement revenues

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They could put billboards on his forehead to generate extra advertisement revenues

If they were looking to put billboards on someone’s forehead to generate extra advertisement revenues they would hire Peyton Manning.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Burkhardt is kinda boring and plays it safe...I guess FOX wants him to be their version of Jim Nantz. He is the studio host for their MLB games and he's much better in that type of environment

yimyammer

Reaction score
I did a double take and thought Greg Olson was Stifler for a minute

Hmmm...just realized I the photo didnt attach:

fMKRHc6.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they don’t stay with Greg Olsen then they’re obviously looking for a bigger name. My guess is Sean Payton would be one of the front runners.
I hope not. Olsen has definitely earned a top spot. There might be bigger names, but dude is a natural in the booth

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Good choice, but yeah I'd be more excited for the Olsen part of the duo.