Twitter: Fox targeting Witten for TNF analyst

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I love Witten but his yards after catch this past season was 1.3 I believe it’s time to hang em up witt

cej757

Reaction score
My dream of drafting Mike Geisiki may actually happen. :dance:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Witten is a high character guy, they made a good choice if he's ready to hang up the cleats, although I would like to see him stay as a TE coach but he may be getting tired of Jerry also.

plymkr

Reaction score
Within a year, the board will be talking about how slow he is and holding back TNF and he needs to go...
Lol, yeah. He'll be a progress stopper for some young, fresh out of college announcer.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm confused.......is it Peyton or Witten? Is Witten a 2nd option if Peyton not interested? Either way, IMO this is enough for FO to make TE a draft priority. He probably won't say but this could very well his last year......

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Witten is a high character guy, they made a good choice if he's ready to hang up the cleats, although I would like to see him stay as a TE coach but he may be getting tired of Jerry also.
Broadcasting blows coaching out of the water for post career life. More money. Less pressure. Half the time. Witten was on NFL network years back for a trial run.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would like to hear him in the booth. Not yet though... I'd like him to mentor some young guys and be the reliable player he's always been for one more year.
Not 98% of the snaps guy, but he has a significant place on this team.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is the only way we can see Cowboys players in the playoffs and Super Bowls.......in the announcing booths. lol

Verdict

Reaction score
That's an offer he can probably get whenever he retires. It's not like the Romo offer for the #1 broadcast team.

He would be foolish to not get out of football and take that job unless he plans on coaching.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I'm confused.......is it Peyton or Witten? Is Witten a 2nd option if Peyton not interested? Either way, IMO this is enough for FO to make TE a draft priority. He probably won't say but this could very well his last year......

Last year's draft was loaded with TE's and the Cowboys didn't take one. This year's class is very thin.
So this will probably be the year this team tries to target a TE yet again