News: FoxSports: Tony Romo widely praised for commentary during AFC title game

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo widely praised for commentary during AFC title game

tony-romo-basketball-career.vresize-6c934b189f03c510VgnVCM100000d7c1a8c0____.jpg

By the time Sunday's AFC title game ended, retired quarterback Tony Romo, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys, was drawing high praise for his game commentary.

Read Full Story

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I like Romo. I think he's a good talker. But are you really a good analyst because you can predict plays before they happen? Doesn't that kinda spoil the surprise? He might be better suited for a coaching gig.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I like Romo. I think he's a good talker. But are you really a good analyst because you can predict plays before they happen? Doesn't that kinda spoil the surprise? He might be better suited for a coaching gig.
No. it illustrates the incredible study that players process in real time. I imagine the teams may not like it because it exposes some predictability

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He will be a coach someday, it is obvious from his passion and excitement. We saw the same in Gruden, just a matter of when. Both were/are itching to get back in.

I give Tony about four more years before the kids drive him over the edge and throw his hat back in the ring :muttley:

SHAMSzy

Reaction score

He’s analyzing the schemes & strategy of the teams.. would you prefer him to be like Aikman & aimlessly criticize people after every play?

Romo is outstanding in his analysis and his enthusiasm.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
He was on.

Amusingly my 10 year old always says "they always say what you said, like a minute after." All day - but not when Romo had that great string of calls - that was an impressive stretch
I literally said the ball don’t lie thing at the exact same time as him today

Cas2800

Reaction score
I noticed he called out a ton of New England's plays but not many of KC's. I wonder of that years of studying Brady's film and having great knowledge of New England's schemes?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The enthusiasm was what surprised me more than anything. Calling plays is one thing, but he was hyped up like a 12 year old playing Madden. I can't remember the last time I heard a color commentator get that into the game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Tony Romo widely praised for commentary during AFC title game

tony-romo-basketball-career.vresize-6c934b189f03c510VgnVCM100000d7c1a8c0____.jpg

By the time Sunday's AFC title game ended, retired quarterback Tony Romo, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys, was drawing high praise for his game commentary.

Read Full Story
He predicted all of the freaking plays! There will never be another Madden in the booth but Romo has most definitely found his calling and I, for one, believe he should be the next Dallas OC. . . Dude's mind is brilliant. It there was any doubt before, he removed it all with that booth mastery last night.