Twitter: Franchise Tag Tuesday

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO that Archer thinks he has a scoop. Does anyone think these agents/players/teams don't talk just because the league says they can't? And the league knows they do. They don't care, just keep it on the QT.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If Dak personally got involved last year at the 11th hour I think his agent has hosed this one up.
Certainly enough blame to go around. But in hindsight, his agent is going to get more for Dak than if would have last year.

Dre11

Reaction score
I did not need Archer to tell me this. It is pretty much known to all of us as common sense.

except until now, nobody had heard of any discussions, what folks have been saying is that there hasn't been any discussions.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Dre11

Reaction score
LMAO that Archer thinks he has a scoop. Does anyone think these agents/players/teams don't talk just because the league says they can't? And the league knows they do. They don't care, just keep it on the QT.

just because they can doesn't mean they have, so nobody knows, but if someone has given some info, he shared it. I don't know why folks people get triggered when someone does his/her job, by reporting what he he/she may have heard or been told.:facepalm:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Nahh, .. Based off the ever traditional " Deadlines make Deals "... I'm just not expecting Prescott to be re-signed all... at any March deadline date.
the Jones will wait to the very last day, ..very last counting minutes, .. to play " chicken first " game, just as they did last year. :confused:

Maybe, unless the Cowboys want more cap space for the start of free agency. For example, 10 million in cap savings frees up space to offer all-pros like Tyron Crawford big deals.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You sincerely don't think this is a team and organizational distraction?

The Cowboys are coming off a 6-10 season with a brand new coaching staff and still don't have a starting caliber QB under contract.

No, it is not a distraction for either the team or the organization. Definitely not for me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Starting Tuesday, the Cowboys can put the franchise tag on Dak Prescott at a cost of $37.7 million, but that will not happen until March 9, the tag deadline. Between Tuesday and March 9, the Cowboys hope to work out a long-term deal with Prescott. There have been discussions – if not actual negotiations – with Prescott’s rep. Without a long-term deal by March 9, the next deadline to watch is June 15, the final day the sides can reach an agreement or else Prescott has play the season on the tag.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Let's get Dak signed. That is our QB.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
At this pont my main concern is the long term effects of the Dak drama on the rest of the roster. Cowboys fans may be split on Prescott being "the answer" but he's probably the most respected player in the locker room right now. If the Cowboys do him wrong; it will send a message to the rest of the team and to prospective free agents that might want to sign here- and that message won't be a good one.

Qcard

Reaction score
We won't flip. We don't care anymore.

And we don't hate Dak. We just know emptying the coffers for him will spend the end of the Cowboys for the foreseeable future.

Jerry know you will scarf up jerseys, so he doesn't care one way or the other.
Yep, I bet you are as certain about Dak’s outcome as you were sure Wentz not getting benched this past season (remember our conversation in the off-season after Hurts got drafted).

We don’t listen to Dak Haters.....IF Dak wins the Superbowl, Dak Haters will find a way to downgrade Dak.

Most logical fans know “emptying the coffers”....is term used by gullible fans whom have been fed manure by lazy GMs and Cheap owners

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
to me looks like jerry and son have managed the dallas cowboys into the ground

erod

Reaction score
Yep, I bet you are as certain about Dak’s outcome as you were sure Wentz not getting benched this past season (remember our conversation in the off-season after Hurts got drafted).

We don’t listen to Dak Haters.....IF Dak wins the Superbowl, Dak Haters will find a way to downgrade Dak.

Most logical fans know “emptying the coffers”....is term used by gullible fans whom have been fed manure by lazy GMs and Cheap owners
Unless, of course, you understand fifth grade math and percentages.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"There have been discussions – if not actual negotiations – with Prescott’s rep"

Jerry's better not overpay.

What tough in all this is knowing what "overpaying" means relative to the yet unknown new tv deal. 40mil could be a bargain.

On the bright side, Jerry should know better than anyone what that deal is likely to be. My theory on the wave of signings a couple of years ago was that he wanted to lock in players prior to the new deal, expecting a big jump in cap. But Dak and his agent *also* expect a big jump, so don't want to sign until the new deal is out and the wage scale *generally* balloons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably because the Cowboys lose any leverage they might have had in FA negotiations, piss off Dak, and would definitely not pay the next level of the franchise tag.

I agree. If they don't get a deal done this year he's gone ala Kirk Cousins in Washington.
But if Cowboys offer him the most money how is he gone or is the assumption that the Cowboys wouldn’t?