Frank Clark is a could have been Cowboy

Proof

Reaction score
Really good player but a real punk. Didn’t think it was possible to have worse hair than Odell either

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I liked the talent but the DV sounded pretty bad. I also believe that was when Hardy was here or had just left hard to draft a player like that when you just went through the Hardy circus. I’m not mad at them for that pass.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I liked the talent but the DV sounded pretty bad. I also believe that was when Hardy was here or had just left hard to draft a player like that when you just went through the Hardy circus. I’m not mad at them for that pass.

Forgot about Hardy........ now it makes sense

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
How many other teams passed on him? Why dwell on missed opportunities when all teams have them?

With new coaches in, maybe we'll see a shift in the type of defensive drafting for the better...still no point in dwelling.

I don't know but boy our board is infected with it. We hold our players up against the best game of a given player (how about Mostert who has run for 1,069 yards all time in the NFL) has a great game you hear we should have taken them vs our players. If only we had Derrik Henry, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Thomas we would be so much better. Don't you think EVERY other team would be as well? We aren't idiots for missing on players every time a player does well. Have we selected players based on our idea of the right kind of guy or our scheme. Sure. Am I happy JG is gone? Heck yes! Do I think our FO misses on players (especially when Jerry gets locked in on someone)? Yes. But we also hit on quite a few and have a reasonable roster. Now would I like to have the Tristen Hill and Taco picks back? I do think Rod hurt us by being so stubborn in the kind of player he wanted. But again I think all teams have those type of hind sights. You can at least say that Jerry didn't pick the guys. We all know that it was Rod who was the hard head.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know but boy our board is infected with it. We hold our players up against the best game of a given player (how about Mostert who has run for 1,069 yards all time in the NFL) has a great game you hear we should have taken them vs our players. If only we had Derrik Henry, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Thomas we would be so much better. Don't you think EVERY other team would be as well? We aren't idiots for missing on players every time a player does well. Have we selected players based on our idea of the right kind of guy or our scheme. Sure. Am I happy JG is gone? Heck yes! Do I think our FO misses on players (especially when Jerry gets locked in on someone)? Yes. But we also hit on quite a few and have a reasonable roster. Now would I like to have the Tristen Hill and Taco picks back? I do think Rod hurt us by being so stubborn in the kind of player he wanted. But again I think all teams have those type of hind sights. You can at least say that Jerry didn't pick the guys. We all know that it was Rod who was the hard head.
shiny object syndrome. SOS. people think people having a great game equates to a great career.

larry brown had a hell of a superbowl for us but wasn't that same player for his entire career.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I love these. So the other 31 teams passed on him for other players.

Can be said about every player.

We passed on domestic violence for “Because I got high” Gregory
gets old right and the fact that KC defense is NOT GPOPD at all..they are as inconsistent as ours..they sure give up a lot of early points.. a player make few good plays and hes king..lmao

like 6 teams in 4 years for that SF RB now we and every team should ahve seen that in 4 years he had like 500yards TOTAL until this season and somehow hes now the talk of the tow,, blah blah blah..man SF are genuiuss' lmao or just got lucky and lets see what he can do with 325 carries vs spot duty..

last week it was henry, what happened he got 3.6 YPOC and only 69 yards total thats 10 yards in the 2nd half..huh thought he was all world.. you mean astar rb can be slowed or stopped? yups

ccb04

Reaction score
If I'm gonna play the what could've been game, give me Danielle Hunter. He also had a pre draft visit with the team, could've been selected in the later 3rd, and has 54.5 sacks in 5 seasons, to include 29 sacks over the past 2 seasons (14.5 sacks each of the last 2 years). He also signed a 5-year $72 million dollar extension with $40 million guaranteed...not to mention he has no off-field issues.

John813

Reaction score
We would of had to pay him and D-Law this past offseason.

Doubtful that would of helped this year.

You realize why he was a red flag, right? Domestic violence and was kicked off the Michigan squad over it.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/10/15609360/frank-clark-natalie-weiner-domestic-violence-seahawks
Clark was arrested at a resort in northern Ohio in 2014 and charged with assault and disorderly conduct. His girlfriend had visible injuries to her face and neck, which were documented by law enforcement in the police report and with photographs. Police were called to the hotel after Clark’s girlfriend’s teenage brothers asked other hotel guests to help because they were afraid Clark was going to kill their sister.

The police report, obtained by the Detroit Free Press, says that Clark told officers that his girlfriend was drunk. When police administered a breathalyzer test, it registered a .000 reading. Clark told police that his girlfriend had sustained the injuries to her face and neck by falling.

Clark’s girlfriend did not want to press charges because of “what Frank has going on.” In the state of Ohio, in any case where there are visible injuries and witness accounts suggest that domestic violence occurred, officers are required by law to charge the alleged offender regardless of the other party’s wishes. Clark spent two days in jail, and Brady Hoke, who was then Clark’s college coach at Michigan, kicked him off the team.

Clark reached a plea agreement and was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. The assault charge was dismissed without prejudice as part of the plea deal. The Seahawks drafted Clark in the second round of the 2015 draft, and Pete Carroll talked around the issue in his post-draft press conference.

“I would say there are always two sides to a story,” Carroll said, according to Larry Stone of the Seattle Times.

You are telling me you wanted the Cowboys to draft this guy, over a guy who smokes pot in 2015?

blueblood70

Reaction score
HINDSIGHT , dont you luv it, isnt this his second team? so the chiefs past on him as well? then had to use draft picks and big money to land him? their defense is still average ..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy got arrested twice in college, once for home invasion and once for domestic violence, and was kicked off his team in college, and now, almost 5 years later, we are using hindsight to say the Cowboys made a mistake, and at the same time ignoring that passing on him wasn't just a Cowboy thing?

Every team passed on him in the first round, and almost every team passed on him in the 2nd round. In fact, he was projected to go in rounds 3-4 because of his issues. If Seattle hadn't taken the chance with the 2nd to last pick of the 2nd round, who knows where he would have gone in the draft, so let's not act as if it was just the Cowboys that failed to get on board.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
HINDSIGHT , dont you luv it, isnt this his second team? so the chiefs past on him as well? then had to use draft picks and big money to land him? their defense is still average ..

He's a hell of player though but like I said in a couple post, I honestly didn't remember his DV issues. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I now understand why we passed oh him.......I would have done the same.​

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
shiny object syndrome. SOS. people think people having a great game equates to a great career.

larry brown had a hell of a superbowl for us but wasn't that same player for his entire career.

For those who are old enough you'll remember Lincoln Kennedy. He out played Emmitt in the ice/snow game on Turkey day because the man had big feet. Just think if we would have ditched Emmitt because Kennedy played better. For anyone who doesn't know the game here is an account of it https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...-bad-weather-games-in-football-history/634973

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For those who are old enough you'll remember Lincoln Kennedy. He out played Emmitt in the ice/snow game on Turkey day because the man had big feet. Just think if we would have ditched Emmitt because Kennedy played better. For anyone who doesn't know the game here is an account of it https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...-bad-weather-games-in-football-history/634973
yea, that's much like my larry brown reference from back in the superbowl days. he had an amazing game and cashed in and from what my memory allows me to remember after 18 years of alcohol, he never lived up to the money he got as a FA. but hey - fans got the player that did well.

that one time. at band camp...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I love these. So the other 31 teams passed on him for other players.

Can be said about every player.

We passed on domestic violence for “Because I got high” Gregory

31 other teams weren’t necessarily looking for a DE at that point or even had Clark on their boards’.

Rule of Thumb dictates you always take the domestic violence guy over the pot head.

Always.