Frank Gore the boxer

RaZon

Reaction score
Yep, he fights tomorrow night, one thing for sure he definately looks the part.

Saw a fight yesterday, a guy who was undefeated and getting a push taking on a guy who gave up college football for boxing. He was also undefeated but it was real obvious.....just an opponet. Nobody told him, it was close with the footballer knocking up and comer down in the 8th.

Always have to be careful in boxing with guys being pushed, it was close but.....split decision footballer win.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yep, he fights tomorrow night, one thing for sure he definately looks the part.

Saw a fight yesterday, a guy who was undefeated and getting a push taking on a guy who gave up college football for boxing. He was also undefeated but it was real obvious.....just an opponet. Nobody told him, it was close with the footballer knocking up and comer down in the 8th.

Always have to be careful in boxing with guys being pushed, it was close but.....split decision footballer win.
Deron Williams is doing this too and I hate it.
Guys who have made a VERY nice living shouldn't be risking CTE to box.

It's insane.

RaZon

Reaction score
Deron Williams is doing this too and I hate it.
Guys who have made a VERY nice living shouldn't be risking CTE to box.

It's insane.

Nobody lives their life all worried about stuff like that, ya can't.

I played my last tackle in pads football game at 36, yep, high school alumni game. I did do some running and always lifted so was in great shape but still, this was very dangerous. I didn't care at all even when signing that form releasing the school from having to pay my funeral expenses.

Ya step up to the plate and swing for the fences, life is too short to play it any other way.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nobody lives their life all worried about stuff like that, ya can't.

I played my last tackle in pads football game at 36, yep, high school alumni game. I did do some running and always lifted so was in great shape but still, this was very dangerous. I didn't care at all even when signing that form releasing the school from having to pay my funeral expenses.

Ya step up to the plate and swing for the fences, life is too short to play it any other way.
Absolutely not, lol..
Choosing to go box AFTER a successful high earning career is just stupid on a level that is hard to explain.
Choosing to do so as a kid is very different.

Deron Williams, who grew up a few blocks from me, has made 157 Million. He has a high school sweetheart wife (apparently now separated) and 3 kids.
Risking health and enjoying that lifestyle you've afforded yourself is just insanely stupid.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Absolutely not, lol..
Choosing to go box AFTER a successful high earning career is just stupid on a level that is hard to explain.

Deron Williams, who grew up a few blocks from me, has made 157 Million. He has a high school sweetheart wife (apparently now separated) and 3 kids.
Risking health and enjoying that lifestyle you've afforded yourself is just insanely stupid.
FWIW Deron seems to agree with me lol

“I’m going to go sit my old dumb (expletive) down and let these professionals do their (expletive),” Williams said after the fight.

RaZon

Reaction score
Absolutely not, lol..

You can live your life in fear, I'll pass on that.