Free Agency & Draft - Improving the roster

gmoney112

Reaction score
Mostly agree. I like Hockenson too. Hurns gone probably.

I'd also re-sign Fleming. He's cheap.

Bennie Logan didn't have a great year, but I'd be looking at him and seeing if he could help us out. Then there's ET.

There's going to be some DT that fall. Possibly a Dre'Mont Jones or something. 2nd-3rd will have some good value with this class. I'd be looking at moving up with one of our 4ths.

A thing I think we'll probably do is take a S somewhere. Richard's has a good track record so it'll be interesting to see who we go with. Probably an SS with some size that is a solid tackler and can bring the wood a bit while having some potential in coverage.

Last edited:

cristglo

Reaction score
Re-sign: D.Lawrence, R.Smith, LP Ladouceur
Cut/Let-go: C.Beasley, T.Austin, S.Lee, T.Williams, D.Wilson, D.Irving, J.Swaim, J.Olawale
New Contracts: A.Cooper, D.Prescott, J.Smith, B.Jones

Line up before FA & Draft

RB: Z.Elliott
QB:D.Prescott
XWR: Cooper TE: B.Jarwin YWR: Gallup RT: L.Collins RG: Z.Martin OC: T.Frederick LG: C.Williams LT: T.Smith
QB: M.White, C.Rush
FB/RB: R.Smith, D.Jackson
WR: Hurns, N.Brown
TE2: D.Shultz
Backup OL: Su'a Filo, Looney
Needed: FB, OT, TE, RB, SWR, QB

LE:
D.Lawrence 3T: L.Collins 1T: A.Woods RE: T.Crawford
LB: J.Smith LB: L.Vander Esch
CB: B.Jones CB: C.Awuzie
SS: J.Heath FS: X.Woods
CB: A.Brown, J.Lewis, CJ Goodwin
S: K.Fraizer
LB: J.Thomas, C.Covington
DL: R.Gregory, T.Charlton, D.Armstong
Needed: DT, S, LB

Free Agents:
M.Burton (FB)
- A minor position in our scheme but a significant upgrade on Olawale who isn't a great lead blocker. Burton is much better as a lead blocker and will be a weapon that will do a better job leading the way for Zeke.

G.Jarrett (DT) - We need a game changer at DT and rather than keep spend cap space on C.Beasley, T.Austin, S.Lee in backup roles, or sign Earl Thomas. I'd rather put money into a player that will be consistently on the field and a big upgrade as a starter.

Draft Need:
- Upgraded Starting TE
- Swing Tackle
- Slot WR
- Punt Returner

Draft
2nd Round: TJ Hoekensen (TE) -
A good blocking all around TE that shows good hand use and release and the ability to highpoint the ball. A little underutilized at Iowa, he's young and will need to develop a little but a really good fit in a Jason Garrett run-first scheme and good value.

3rd Round: Parris Cambell (WR) -
Not as productive as was hyped to be but has loads of speed and ability to return punts, play out of slot, run bubble screens, reverses and jet sweeps. I think he could be really effective and well utilized by us in a specialty/impact role.

4th Round: Marcus Norman (OT) - Longer than I wanted to wait for an OT but with limited options outside the 1st round it's not easy. It may be worth playing Connor Williams at RT/Swing tackle and having Su'a Filo/Looney compete at OG.

4th Round: Paddy Fisher (LB) - A backup for LVE & Smith is needed replacing Lee/Wilson. Fisher is a good option in a similar mold to LVE (raw) but not quite as talented. 3rd choice LB will probably start out as Thomas but looking for Fisher to work into that role and also play SAM.

Padding out the roster with some DL, WR and LB options later in the draft.
Not to bad I love the Idea of getting Garret we have got to get that DL straight Plain and Simple is a Must. Not so sure about Burton it would have to depend on who the OC is .lol I agree with your assessment on Olawale though was a wasted pick up I would rather move Smith to FB.
Cambell would fill in for our Slot nicely I love the pick! You forgot our S we need a Safety big time neither Heath or Woods is an answer back there.

DanA

Reaction score
Not to bad I love the Idea of getting Garret we have got to get that DL straight Plain and Simple is a Must. Not so sure about Burton it would have to depend on who the OC is .lol I agree with your assessment on Olawale though was a wasted pick up I would rather move Smith to FB.
Cambell would fill in for our Slot nicely I love the pick! You forgot our S we need a Safety big time neither Heath or Woods is an answer back there.

It's the tiny blanket idea. There aren't enough resources to cover everything and safety was the area left uncovered. I'd definitely clean house at the offensive coordinator and QB coach roles and I'd hope the new OC could make better use of a guy like Paris Cambell

cristglo

Reaction score
It's the tiny blanket idea. There aren't enough resources to cover everything and safety was the area left uncovered. I'd definitely clean house at the offensive coordinator and QB coach roles and I'd hope the new OC could make better use of a guy like Paris Cambell
I hear you it just the beginning of our off season and a lot is going to depend on who is our Next OC. I have watched parris all year long and He would be a force IMO if used right. Same goes with FB if we have the Right OC would be a great pick up but if we are not going to use him its a wasted pick. I myself like the FB role. if would could get Grady and maybe landon Collins in FA i would be a happy camper.