Free Agency Tracker

John813

Reaction score
Malcolm Brown is still available. I wanted him over Byron Jones. He's still just 25 years old.

It seems he could be had for something like 15M/3YR. I would definitely do that.

I agree. Wonder if his agent is taking offers wondering if the Pats will match or are they not interested at all in bringing him back. Had a strong postseason IIRC for his role.

I'm also getting concerned about slot WR. They let Beasley go for 7M/YR, passed on Crowder and Humphries at around 9M/YR. The market is set and we're not in it. If they actually are creative on offense under KM then maybe we get Cooper in the slot and this doesn't matter.

Think you answered your own question. We'll see Cooper and Hurns* in the slot. I think they will rely on Cedric Wilson, later FA signing and maybe a draftee to round out the WR spot.

Or maybe Lance Lenior finally sticks on the roster and stops making mistakes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
...Meanwhile, the holes this team really has or will have based on who they are likely to lose were addressed by numerous other teams, almost in a flash. Safety, universally considered a top three need for the Cowboys, saw a few big names already change teams.

The Rams pounced early, inking former Charger and Raven Eric Weddle to a two-year, $10.5 million deal with $5.25 million guaranteed. Tennessee came to an agreement with Kenny Vaccaro for four years and $26 million with $11.5 million guaranteed. That’s the basement and floor for free agent safeties.

Former Texans’ safety Tyrann Mathieu turned down a one-year offer to return to Houston, rumored to be worth $9.5 million. The Chiefs paid off his bet on himself so now Mathieu is in Kansas City for three years and $42 million with $14 million guaranteed...

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/03/12/dallas-cowboys-free-agency-urgency/2/

Falco78

Reaction score
...Meanwhile, the holes this team really has or will have based on who they are likely to lose were addressed by numerous other teams, almost in a flash. Safety, universally considered a top three need for the Cowboys, saw a few big names already change teams.

The Rams pounced early, inking former Charger and Raven Eric Weddle to a two-year, $10.5 million deal with $5.25 million guaranteed. Tennessee came to an agreement with Kenny Vaccaro for four years and $26 million with $11.5 million guaranteed. That’s the basement and floor for free agent safeties.

Former Texans’ safety Tyrann Mathieu turned down a one-year offer to return to Houston, rumored to be worth $9.5 million. The Chiefs paid off his bet on himself so now Mathieu is in Kansas City for three years and $42 million with $14 million guaranteed...

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/03/12/dallas-cowboys-free-agency-urgency/2/
KC who was already beastly adding him to their mix made them scary good

CCBoy

Reaction score
KC who was already beastly adding him to their mix made them scary good
I think that Andy Reid not only is football smart, but a wiley veteran Head Coach as well.

He WANTS a Lombardi...and may now get one. lol

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm also getting concerned about slot WR. They let Beasley go for 7M/YR, passed on Crowder and Humphries at around 9M/YR. The market is set and we're not in it. If they actually are creative on offense under KM then maybe we get Cooper in the slot and this doesn't matter.

The draft is full of talented slot WRs that can be had from the 2nd round through rookie free agents like Beasley was. You have to save money and have players on rookie deals somewhere. Slot WR isn't a bad spot for a young guy to fill with Cooper and Gallup on the outside and Witten back patrolling the middle.

Falco78

Reaction score
I think that Andy Reid not only is football smart, but a wiley veteran Head Coach as well.

He WANTS a Lombardi...and may now get one. lol
Andy Reid knows how to build a team!