Free Jourdan Lewis

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
ShadyWiltedGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Welcome to the party pal!!!

75boyz

Reaction score
I get that Richard has his little stupid physical hang ups, but this kid can play.

He proves it every single time.

To me, when you have a player like that, you promote him.

You don't down him because he can't grow a few inches to meet some asinine standard.

True. Him and Woods actually have hands that catch. His corner blitz was very nice as well Sunday night. Seems to make momentum changing plays on a limited snap count.

Total mystery why he doesn’t start to me.

robbieruff

Reaction score
There is minimal size difference between Lewis and Brown. Brown is 1" taller with similar arm length and weight.

Lewis appeared to screw up in the Jets game on the big 92 yard TD play.

Lewis was lined up over the slot WR but didn't cover him and that made Heath the only defender between the slot WR and the endzone.

Heath was going to transition 5 yards earlier to run towards the WR that ended up catching the pass, but when Heath saw that nobody covered the slot WR, he continued to stay in his back-peddle on that side for the extra 5 yards.
The return of Sysiphus...let me guess - Brown have you on the payroll? ;)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Brown reminds me of Reeves back in the day, always close but chasing the player and not making plays on the ball. Borderline liability. If Lewis doesn't start of Brown permanently, then something is up because Lewis is better than Brown.

CWR

Reaction score
There is minimal size difference between Lewis and Brown. Brown is 1" taller with similar arm length and weight.

Lewis was lined up over the slot WR but didn't cover him and that made Heath the only defender between the slot WR and the endzone.

Heath was going to transition 5 yards earlier to run towards the WR that ended up catching the pass, but when Heath saw that nobody covered the slot WR, he continued to stay in his back-peddle on that side for the extra 5 yards.

There's a saying Ive heard at work many times. One oh crap erases a hundred atta boys. Maybe this is the case with how our coaches look at Lewis. Im not trying to justify it, only trying to understand thier thought process.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I get that Richard has his little stupid physical hang ups, but this kid can play.

You don't down him because he can't grow a few inches to meet some asinine standard.
Richard needs glasses on the sidelines if he can’t see that Lewis is better than Anthony Brown! I’d argue that Lewis is our best CB at this point. He’s the better tackler, and tracks the ball.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't know, i was with Richard on this . Question is will he play the same the longer he's on the field? In spot duty sometimes you look better. But after saying that, in his spot duty, He's made a case for a lot more playing time . Maybe even start.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion, I guess, but I think Lewis is overhyped. Looks to me in limited looks on the TV broadcast like he gambles, and that's probably why he gets his hands on the ball more often than the others. But gambling can cost you long TDs, too. And I suspect he blows assignments too often for the coaches to feel comfortable putting him out there.

Not saying he's terrible or anything, but I do think there are good reasons he's not out there more often.

blueblood70

Reaction score

can he? if he went from 20 snaps to 60, will he be the same player or will he level out after that many reps? one never truly knows until you're exposed in a full time capacity..

robbieruff

Reaction score

Amen and hallelujah. Brown is the weak like of this defense - with DT play and Chido both saying “hold my beer” - and it’s not even close. Anyone with two eyes can see it when the opposing QB comes to the line and scans for #30. He’s Mario Edwards, Jacques Reeves, and the worst version of Mo Claiborne rolled into one. If you don’t complete it then chances are high u get a PI.

Let’s hope the bye week finally rights this wrong...oh, and that we go get Atkins from the Bengals for a 5th.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Straight lies. It was underneath zone coverage. Your bashing of lewis is really sickening.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Something is giving pause to the coaches that Lewis can’t be trusted as a starter.

That’s why I don’t think it’s the size thing. When it comes to resigning players this will be something to watch if they even make an attempt to with Lewis. That will be telling.
Xwalker doesn't know what he's talking about. Go watch the play again you will see lewis and the LBs were in zone.