Free Jourdan Lewis

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lewis appeared to screw up.

Disclaimer!
It wasn't a screw up if the play call was three deep zone. None of us know the play call, so none of us know for sure.

Glad you used the word "appeared" in that sentence, but I still had to post my disclaimer. Just to let readers know," Know of us know for sure."
He thinks it was man but yet the lbs and JL both dropped into a zone lol.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There's a saying Ive heard at work many times. One oh crap erases a hundred atta boys. Maybe this is the case with how our coaches look at Lewis. Im not trying to justify it, only trying to understand thier thought process.
He's wrong they were in zone underneath. It was a terrible play call for what the jets ran.

Reactions: CWR

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
can he? if he went from 20 snaps to 60, will he be the same player or will he level out after that many reps? one never truly knows until you're exposed in a full time capacity..
He balled in 2017 when he started games and was our best corner going into the 2018 season. He was benched by richard even before the first otas.

CWR

Reaction score
He's wrong they were in zone underneath. It was a terrible play call for what the jets ran.

I cant understand why our staff isn't more enamored with Lewis if its not mental errors or something related to practice/work week habits. It seems trivial to dismiss a talented player because he's one inch too short.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I cant understand why our staff isn't more enamored with Lewis if its not mental errors or something related to practice/work week habits. It seems trivial to dismiss a talented player because he's one inch too short.
It's size. As dumb as that sounds this coaching staff and front office are still in the stone age when it comes to certain things. When we took taco stephen jones said a number of DE's were off the board because we only take DE's when a certain arm length. 2017 by the end of the season Jourdan Lewis was our best corner. Was playing better than Brown or Chido. Richard comes in and first OTA practice Lewis is the 4th corner. If it isn't size then Richard is just an idiot and he can leave with Marinelli in my opinion.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It has to make you wonder what is truly the reason he doesn’t get the starting nod?

I think the size thing is made up. There has to be something that Lewis is doing behind the scenes that is the root cause...

Late to meetings? Doesn’t accept coaching/criticism? Freelances?
I thought one of the announcers quoted Garrett as saying he loved Jordain Lewis

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm pretty much done with Richard because of how stupid he has been with Jourdan Lewis not to mention the overall defense performance. Marinelli has needed to be gone for a long time, now Richard can go too. Let someone else take him. We need a scheme that fits the players better.

75boyz

Reaction score
It's size. As dumb as that sounds this coaching staff and front office are still in the stone age when it comes to certain things. When we took taco stephen jones said a number of DE's were off the board because we only take DE's when a certain arm length. 2017 by the end of the season Jourdan Lewis was our best corner. Was playing better than Brown or Chido. Richard comes in and first OTA practice Lewis is the 4th corner. If it isn't size then Richard is just an idiot and he can leave with Marinelli in my opinion.

I saw all of this the same as you and agree. Nice post.

quickccc

Reaction score
I still think Richard is not sold on Jordan, ....and I think it goes beyond just size preference.
according to the measurements, there's just not much of a difference in size between
Brown at 5'11, 195 lbs.... vs Jordan Lewis at 5'10, 188 (assuming what source you find the measurements)

Just my guesswork,, but I wonder how much has to do with speed matchup on the outside.
when Jordan did start outside, speedsters (ala John Brown and Marquise Goodwin) could run by him, then I heard reports speedsters like jonvea Johnson, reggie davis and guyton were getting
plays on Jordan in camp.

For some reason, maybe Richard thinks Brown offers more speed on the outside, that makes him more flexibility of a CB that slots and outside. - it's just my guesswork only here.
If Brown didn’t have his injuries, Jordan still wouldn’t be a factoring mentioned, imo.

But even before his hamstring injury, Brown was collapsing into bad habits, into bad positioning such as trailing and not getting his head turned. (we have too many of these DBs like this)

Plus his ability to get INTs and play the zone is not on Jordan’s level.

cern

Reaction score
I hate to think the great darrell green wouldn't have been given a chance to play on this team. he's smaller than lewis.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to think the great darrell green wouldn't have been given a chance to play on this team. he's smaller than lewis.

It's not really about size. There is minimal difference in size between Lewis and Brown (Brown 1" taller, similar arm length and weight).

Speed is one issue.

Forty Times:

Green: 4.2

Brown: 4.35

Lewis: 4.54

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
To bump Alexander. We don’t agree on a lot, but as fans of our team nonetheless, we wholeheartedly agree that Jourdan Lewis is probably our best CB.

Tackles well. Looks back for the ball, etc!

I’ll be pissed if Brown comes es back from injury and Lewis is relegated to his back up. BS!

Praxit

Reaction score
..promote him to forklift. Aisle 1 and 4 need pick up's. ;)...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's not really about size. There is minimal difference in size between Lewis and Brown (Brown 1" taller, similar arm length and weight).

Speed is one issue.

Forty Times:

Green: 4.2

Brown: 4.35

Lewis: 4.54
Whatever the reasoning, its dumb. The kid balls on the field which is what matters. They aint runnin track out there