Twitter: Friday 8/31 Cowboys Tweets

Bluefin

Reaction score
In some ways, I don't mind what's going on because Gregory needs to be kept on his toes about this. I don't want him to do well, get complacent and go back to old habits that result in him being suspended for a year or life.
We have to hope Randy Gregory has matured and put those bad habits behind him.

It will always be a concern, but he seems to have a real support system in place this time.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Trying to read behind the lines on that Jerry gibberish, it sounds like Rico is making the squad.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bingo. Every part of the NFL front office was telling Jerry that Zeke had nothing to worry about. Then Mara realized Zeke was his biggest problem in their home opener and made a phone call.

didn't Kraft and Blank have a role in it as well?

Kraft cause of Bradys deflategate suspension.

So Mara, Blank, and Kraft were in cahoots to screw the NFL's biggest cash cow, even though the Cowboys haven't demonstrated an ability to sniff a title in over 20 years.

Seems legit. :muttley:

John813

Reaction score
So Mara, Blank, and Kraft were in cahoots to screw the NFL's biggest cash cow, even though the Cowboys haven't demonstrated an ability to sniff a title in over 20 years.

Seems legit. :muttley:

Jones didn't know that Goodell was changing his mind. And he didn't know that Goodell was facing pressure, both from a handful of league executives who felt Elliott should be suspended and from owners wanting Jones to be humbled. Kraft had called Goodell in the summer and, referring to the Elliott case, told the commissioner, "My guy got four games for footballs and there's still nothing on this?"

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...w-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

From re-reading it, may of just been Kraft.

Reaction score
It’s gotta be Rico, more playing time he gets he will get much better, way more potential than our other tight ends. Last couple years he has had in preseason he has shown something
Rico might make the roster but my guess is that he will be inactive most game days. So I don't think he will get much playing time. Even when activated, he might get a few plays on 3rd and long or the red zone. He will not be a regular contributor.

If the Cowboys pick up a TE on Sunday, he still might be in jeopardy of losing his spot.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Trying to read behind the lines on that Jerry gibberish, it sounds like Rico is making the squad.
I'm definitely leaning in that direction.

Rico has a skill set worth developing if he is mentally all in on this journey. Is Gathers willing to grind every day out on the practice field and in the meeting room even if he isn't playing in games to start the season?

vaturkey

Reaction score
Rico blocked better yesterday then before by all accounts. There isn't much doubt he is the biggest and probably strongest TE on the team. If he can put it all together based on pure god given ability he might be a serviceable TE for us this year with more upside down the road. Wish he was quicker, but it is what it is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rico at least has room to grow. A guy like Lenoir is what he is

I don't think that's completely the case. Lenoir is a second-year player from Western Illinois University. He's not going to get much bigger or much faster, but he can refine his game.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
In some ways, I don't mind what's going on because Gregory needs to be kept on his toes about this. I don't want him to do well, get complacent and go back to old habits that result in him being suspended for a year or life.

I totally disagree with your statement as “I want him to do well and get complacent”. The more that sobriety is the norm to him means that he is heeling. Incase you didn’t know, the stress of trying to remain sober leads a lot of people to give up and to relapse.

But I forgive you gimme if you didn’t understand the process of recovery.