Friday Mock with FA and Re-Signs

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ok.. Since I haven't been too realistic according to some on this board. I have made another attempt. I believe this draft is similar to what our strategy will be. At least I hope so.

Re-Signs
Martin
DLaw
LP
Joe Looney

Cuts
Scandrick
Mayowa

Extensions
Dez-Bring his cap down sign him and make it easy to get out after 2 years
Lee-Bring his cap number down and sign him thru retirement with escalators and incentives built in

Restructure
Frederick

FA
Josh Sitton-Insurance as our rookie in the draft will be starting
Khalif Barnes-Veteran on the cheap for backup for Tyron and his back
Lance Dunbar-Bring him back on the cheap. He has the speed and knows our offense.
Earl Thomas-I think whether we trade for him or he is released he will be wearing a star next season. Jerry knows how upset fans are and this is just the kind of player that will bring everyone back pockets and wallets exposed.

Draft
19: R1P19
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
Solves our 1T problem, and in my opinion is one of the top DL in the draft

50: R2P18
G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN
Automatic step in player who can do it all

81: R3P17
WR D.J. MOORE
MARYLAND
May or may not be there in the third round. I've seen him falling in a few mocks so who knows. Maybe my most unrealistic pick. However. Great player

118: R4P16
LB TEGRAY SCALES
INDIANA
Instinctive LB who needs to put on a little weight, but is very smart and a football mind

138: R4P36
LB NICK DELUCA
NO. DAK. ST
Tackling machine (I know getting old right).

139: R4P37
QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND
Competition for Dak

174: R5P35
CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU
Depth for the DBs

176: R5P37
OT BRANDON PARKER
N.C. A&T
Development guy

196: R6P19
EDGE JOJO WICKER
ARIZONA ST.
Depth

236: R7P18
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VA. TECH
Depth

As always opinions are welcome

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't like Hurst in the first. Can live with Smith in the 2nd but then I wouldn't waste money on Sitton. You can find a back up OG for cheaper than what he will likely get.

I don't get the obsession with Dunbar and frankly, they should use Elliott more on passing downs.

I can live with Barnes and would love Thomas here if Seattle cuts him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Except Hurst is a prototypical 3Tech.

Any mock that has us adding Earl Thomas and DJ Moore is a winner in my book.
I think he can play both to be honest. I see payne as more of a 3 than hurst. I think Marinelli can work wonders with him. And we seem to be high on Michigan players lately.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Don't like Hurst in the first. Can live with Smith in the 2nd but then I wouldn't waste money on Sitton. You can find a back up OG for cheaper than what he will likely get.

I don't get the obsession with Dunbar and frankly, they should use Elliott more on passing downs.

I can live with Barnes and would love Thomas here if Seattle cuts him.
I 100 percent agree. I threw Dunbar in there because I know we wont. Its not like he will cost much or last long anyways, so Elliott will have his chances. lol

cowboyec

Reaction score
LOVE Maurice Hurst...best interior DT in the class.
Braden Smith an up-grade at OG.
DJ Moore an absolute steal.
LOVE Nick DeLuca.
Branden Parker could be our swing tackle.
Kevin Tolliver is a steal.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOVE Maurice Hurst...best interior DT in the class.
Braden Smith an up-grade at OG.
DJ Moore an absolute steal.
LOVE Nick DeLuca.
Branden Parker could be our swing tackle.
Kevin Tolliver is a steal.
But is it realistic? That is the question

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he can play both to be honest. I see payne as more of a 3 than hurst. I think Marinelli can work wonders with him. And we seem to be high on Michigan players lately.

Payne is way more a 1 Tech than Hurst.

Prime21

Reaction score
No way we sign Sitton and draft a OG early. If we draft a OG in the first 3 rounds he starts day one. We are not signing Sitton and having him as a back up.

RandyOh

Reaction score
But is it realistic? That is the question
D.J. Moore in the 3rd is kinda the only unrealistic part of the draft. He could fall to the 3rd but he would have to show he doesn’t have the speed or agility we all thought he does. At that point I wouldn’t want him anymore if he’s slow because he doesn’t have the size or length to make up for it to play on the outside.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
Can't see DJ Moore dropping to the 3rd but I get that its a simulator draft. He'd be a steal if he's there at 50 IMO

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok.. Since I haven't been too realistic according to some on this board. I have made another attempt. I believe this draft is similar to what our strategy will be. At least I hope so.

Re-Signs
Martin
DLaw
LP
Joe Looney

Cuts
Scandrick
Mayowa

Extensions
Dez-Bring his cap down sign him and make it easy to get out after 2 years
Lee-Bring his cap number down and sign him thru retirement with escalators and incentives built in

Restructure
Frederick

FA
Josh Sitton-Insurance as our rookie in the draft will be starting
Khalif Barnes-Veteran on the cheap for backup for Tyron and his back
Lance Dunbar-Bring him back on the cheap. He has the speed and knows our offense.
Earl Thomas-I think whether we trade for him or he is released he will be wearing a star next season. Jerry knows how upset fans are and this is just the kind of player that will bring everyone back pockets and wallets exposed.

Draft
19: R1P19
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
Solves our 1T problem, and in my opinion is one of the top DL in the draft

50: R2P18
G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN
Automatic step in player who can do it all

81: R3P17
WR D.J. MOORE
MARYLAND
May or may not be there in the third round. I've seen him falling in a few mocks so who knows. Maybe my most unrealistic pick. However. Great player

118: R4P16
LB TEGRAY SCALES
INDIANA
Instinctive LB who needs to put on a little weight, but is very smart and a football mind

138: R4P36
LB NICK DELUCA
NO. DAK. ST
Tackling machine (I know getting old right).

139: R4P37
QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND
Competition for Dak

174: R5P35
CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU
Depth for the DBs

176: R5P37
OT BRANDON PARKER
N.C. A&T
Development guy

196: R6P19
EDGE JOJO WICKER
ARIZONA ST.
Depth

236: R7P18
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VA. TECH
Depth

As always opinions are welcome

That draft seems possible.

Hurst is not a 1-tech.

Sitton can still start for many (maybe most) teams and would start here over a 2nd round pick.

Earl Thomas is interesting but I think he either stays in Seattle another year or they get more in a trade than the Cowboys will give up considering that they also have to pay him.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Doubt Scandrick gets cut, we just don't save enough $$. The interesting thing will be if we dangle him as trade bait or for a pick.