Video: Friendly reminder of how awesome 9 was

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
If anything it's the one time Romo needed to stay healthy. The FACT that his body was simply breaking down at a rate that would not allow him to even see the field seems to be lost on many of you.

Many of you hear opinions and parrot them because it is easy to go with the majority. Most, if not all, athletes would have sustained that injury from that freak impact/angle. Do you or do you not agree?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Many of you hear opinions and parrot them because it is easy to go with the majority. Most, if not all, athletes would have sustained that injury from that freak impact/angle. Do you or do you not agree?
You start a post by saying many people parrot opinions then try to get me to parrot yours. That's funny. I believe my eyes and his own injury history. I don't care about others opinions on the subject. His body was breaking down simple as that.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
You start a post by saying many people parrot opinions then try to get me to parrot yours. That's funny. I believe my eyes and his own injury history. I don't care about others opinions on the subject. His body was breaking down simple as that.

You never answered the question, do you believe that most athletes would sustain that injury?
Please show me his injury history and how it compares to the average for an NFL player or better yet the quarterback position.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
:facepalm:

So the vid was about Romo’s best scrambles and it omits his best one, and that was when Romo evaded the paws of JJ Watts.

This video gets 1/5 stars from me.....

whynot

Reaction score
Romo's back was disloyal. He deserved to take a backseat.
Peyton’s neck was disloyal... Brock got them to a point and then the sheriff took over and finished the job. Would the Cowboys have pulled the same trick? We’ll never know...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You never answered the question, do you believe that most athletes would sustain that injury?
Please show me his injury history and how it compares to the average for an NFL player or better yet the quarterback position.
You may or may not receive an answer to your question. For what it is worth, the probability is high that particular tackle would have resulted in the same or similar injury to any player. The logical answer is yes.

Blake

Reaction score
Peyton’s neck was disloyal... Brock got them to a point and then the sheriff took over and finished the job. Would the Cowboys have pulled the same trick? We’ll never know...

Peyton already had a proven track record of winning in the postseason, and thus earned the opportunity. Romo hadn't proven squat and thus didn't earn the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like ya'll Romostans just wanted Romo to ride the coattails of the new rookie QB and take all the credit for it.

sean10mm

Reaction score

Not a great example, since Peyton played like absolute garbage on his last Super Bowl run start to finish.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure it could. Now go find me a list of quarterbacks that missed essentially 2 straight years of football at his age due to injury that came back and won a Superbowl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peyton already had a proven track record of winning in the postseason, and thus earned the opportunity. Romo hadn't proven squat and thus didn't earn the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like ya'll Romostans just wanted Romo to ride the coattails of the new rookie QB and take all the credit for it.
Setting the usual Romo/Prescott derogatory name calling aside for a moment, it should be noted there is some underlining truth associated with the bold. Undeniably, Prescott did help lead the offense to a great regular season record and postseason appearance.

NFL franchises' opportunities to reach and/or win Super Bowls are fleeting, even when factoring in the previous two decade run of the New England Patriots. There are two commonalities shared by the 50 Super Bowl winning teams and 50 Super Bowl runner-up teams prior to the 2016 postseason.:

1. All 100 teams played each Super Bowl with veteran quarterbacks (100%)
2. None of the 100 teams played each Super Bowl with a rookie quarterback (0%)

An off-note: The distinction does not necessarily carry over to other positions involving rookies playing in the Super Bowl. Take running back for instance. Washington rookie Timmy Smith ran hogwild in Super Bowl XXII. He fell off the map shortly thereafter. Closer to home, Cowboys rookie Tony Dorsett helped crushed (pun intended) the Broncos dreams of winning Super Bowl XII. The Pro Football Hall of Fame was Dorsett's final destination.

Back to postseason quarterbacks and the 2016 postseason. The opportunity to reach and/or win Super Bowl LI were not considered equal for each playoff team (just ask any Patriots fan lol). Yet, like every postseason, the opportunity did exist for every team, including the Cowboys. The opportunity made some observers stop and consider two things:

1. Were the team's chances of reaching or winning Super Bowl LI higher staying with the rookie quarterback over the (while healthy) veteran quarterback? And
2. Were the team's chances of reaching or winning Super Bowl LI higher going with the (while healthy) veteran quarterback over the rookie quarterback?

The decision makers, and the only people in the world who mattered, Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett, remained resolute with their regular season decision and hoped history annals would soon note the Dallas Cowboys as the first American professional football franchise (including the pre-Super Bowl era) to reach and/or win a championship with a rookie quarterback. Many others agreed and endorsed Jones' and Garrett's decision.

Others disagreed with the decision. Their reasoning was varied in disagreement. Certain individuals who disagreed shared the same reasoned opinion. Those particular individuals believed the odds, no matter how slight the margin, was greater with a veteran quarterback behind center than with a rookie quarterback.

While there are those who demonstrate false omnipotent powers of seeing the future, it is uncertain how events would have actually unfolded that postseason. Perhaps Romo would have helped tack on one extra scoring drive to offset Rodgers and the Packers. Maybe Romo could have helped the team win the following week and see the inside of a Super Bowl outside a broadcast booth. Or it is possible (and the possibility did exist) Romo could have gotten hurt during his first tackle. So many what ifs exists in life and the 2016 playoffs were not an exception to that fact. Who knows?

However, one thing remains true three seasons later. It is a 100-year old fact. It is a non debatable fact with no gray area, having absolutely zero to do with what anyone thinks or believes is true, false or iffy--unlike all the things driving endless conversations here on CowboysZone...

No NFL franchise has reached and/or won a Super Bowl led by a rookie quarterback.

I would bet the same will be the case for the 2019 season, if I were a betting man. I am only thankful Prescott will be a four-year veteran should the team qualify for the playoffs this season. Logic dictates his and the team's opportunity of competing or winning it all will be much higher at that time than it was in 2016.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Sure it could. Now go find me a list of quarterbacks that missed essentially 2 straight years of football at his age due to injury that came back and won a Superbowl.
I never made a claim about any player, you did. When asked about said claim you replied, "my eyes and his injury history" were the evidence. When asked about providing his injury history and how it compares to the average at his position, you chose to deflect. Not answering is enough answer for me, thank you sir. Do you really believe because something has never happened before, it can never happen? Hm, that is telling.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I never made a claim about any player, you did. When asked about said claim you replied, "my eyes and his injury history" were the evidence. When asked about providing his injury history and how it compares to the average at his position, you chose to deflect. Not answering is enough answer for me, thank you sir.
Come on I answer one of yours you answer one of mine. It'll be fun. Can you make a list or not?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
These threads are always funny, you get to see Dak slobber-doctors ramble on and on about how debilitating hairline fractures on bones are...

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Come on I answer one of yours you answer one of mine. It'll be fun. Can you make a list or not?
Sir please, I never said it has been done before. I would never make an absolute claim without having the evidence to back it up, that would be....disingenuous. Just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it is wrong in the first place, I need you to know that. That might be what has you turned around attempting to take your tone from a serious one to one of jest.